ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 am

I think you have answered yourself mate! Its all upto the caseworker efficiency I think![/quote]

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

As far as my knowledge is concern its a very straight forward case and hence do not know why its fallen out side 95 %??

Also can you please let me know what attributes they take into account to decide case falling out side 95 %?

more over my case is very straight forward and thats the reason I wanted to know why its falling beyond 95 %.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobby

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 am

BobbyUKENG wrote:
I think you have answered yourself mate! Its all upto the caseworker efficiency I think![/quote]

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

As far as my knowledge is concern its a very straight forward case and hence do not know why its fallen out side 95 %??

Also can you please let me know what attributes they take into account to decide case falling out side 95 %?

more over my case is very straight forward and thats the reason I wanted to know why its falling beyond 95 %.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobby[/quote]

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 am

@BobbyUKEng,

95% within 6 months is just a general guideline and not a guarantee time that all application received by UKBA will be dealt within 6 months.

The only attribute is huge back log at HO.

Please read what Damanisshallo's writes in the post above:

"Nobody gets anything before the right time, and more than what is in his/her fate"
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

shahshah

Dependent visa

Post by shahshah » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Dear Damanisshallo Spidery_thread
Friends i am really sorry i am again and again asking question but please i will be very thankful to you if you can reploy me.
i am going to apply visa for FLRM and two kids as a dependent on the same appication with my wife.
I have a bank balance of £ 2200.00 , and is this enough.

dumba
Newly Registered

ILR timeline

Post by dumba » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi All,

As promised, here is my detailed timeline:

Application made: 06.06.2012 (SET(O) 10yr Long Residence).
Confirmation letter: 11.06.2012 from North East Yorkshire and Humber Region, Sheffield.
Biometric invitation letter: 07.08.2012 from Liverpool.
Biometric enrollment date: 11.08.2012.
Follow-up letter sent by the lawyer about the application: 07.11.2012.
Reply from HO (from Liverpool): 01.12.2012 (see quote below).
Decision made: 24.12.2012 (Christmas present! :)
Passports posted by HO: 28.12.2012 (I called them up and they gave me a Royal Mail barcode number, so I can track the documents).
Passports received: 31.12.2012.
BRP permit received: 02.01.2013.
Total waiting time: 30 weeks.

Documents sent: all passport, Life in the UK test, 3 documents for each year of 10 years (P60s, payslips, work contracts, NHS card, Council tax bills, credit and debit card bills, letter from work, etc - my whole life on file :) ).

I applied through the lawyer and I think it was a good choice because it gave me more reassurance.

I must thank everyone on this forum for amazing opportunity to share and experience, timeline, news, concerns, ask and answer questions and provide moral support. I was reading this forum every day for the last 7 months... Often even a few times a day.

I must say that the wait was difficult and challenging, but since I passed the 6 month I was calling HO a few times a week to check progress of my application. The answer always was: 'not yet, you have to wait...' But then suddenly I was given a Royal Mail barcode! :-D

I wish everyone to be calm, engage in an activity you like (work, hobby, etc) and don't worry much about it, just hope for the best and stay optimistic! :)

Finally, here are very encouraging words from HO (Liverpool) - a quote from a reply letter to my solicitor:

'While we aim to complete 95% of all charged postal applications within six months, we cannot guarantee that an application will be considered within this timescale. This is particularly the case if an applicant has a complex immigration history or if further enquiries need to be made. We are presently actively locating such applications which are approaching, or are past six months anticipated date, and are expediting these cases to ensure that they are concluded as a priority.'

Good luck to all of you and it seems to me that things are really speeding up at HO and you should hear from them soon!

Bless you all and good luck!

:D.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:00 am

All the best, Dumba. Enjoy.

TRMs
Newly Registered

Post by TRMs » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Congratulations Dumba; what a christmas and new year's gift- amazing!! was the quote you provided given by the HO on your correspondence or is it on their website? If so, would you mind providing a link please?
'While we aim to complete 95% of all charged postal applications within six months, we cannot guarantee that an application will be considered within this timescale. This is particularly the case if an applicant has a complex immigration history or if further enquiries need to be made. We are presently actively locating such applications which are approaching, or are past six months anticipated date, and are expediting these cases to ensure that they are concluded as a priority.'

TRMs
Newly Registered

Post by TRMs » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Please ignore that request to clarify the source of your quote Dumba. I hadn't fully read your post. I understand this was on one of the HO letters to your solicitor- very encouraging indeed.

godfather.rocks

Post by godfather.rocks » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Congratulations to all successful lot.

Hopefully, in 5-6 weeks I will be one of you.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Hello fellow waiters

Can anyone be nice to me and give me a cover letter format for FLR(m) when the SET(o) application is still in process.

help will be very appreciated

Thanks a lot

S

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

saanju9 wrote:Can anyone be nice to me and give me a cover letter format for FLR(m) when the SET(o) application is still in process.
Read Letter Template to link FLR(M) with main applicant's SET(O)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

naqeeb

Advice

Post by naqeeb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi am looking for some advice of some experienced folks here. I applied for ILR on 23rd August and Received my Biometric on 24th November and waiting since then.

My immigration history has been clean and straightforward for 9 years (7 Year Student + 2 Years Fresh Talent + 1 Year Section 3c) and the last year has been a bit complex as my student visa was refused - i appealed in tribunal and lost my appeal. So once my appeal was refused i lodged a ILR application through my lawyer.

I am in a big dilemma - First my grand mother passed away in december and i couldnt even go back to india to attend her funeral. 2nd My dad has been keeping unwell and i want to visit him but cant as iam stuck in a limbo. 3rd iam getting married in March and the date has been set for over a year and i cant change it.

I approached my Local MP who has contacted UKBA on my behalf and said will reply once he gets a response and if i need to travel urgently then provide evidence of my fathers ill health. I have sent the MP my grand mother death certificate and hospital reports of my father. How long do u think i should wait for a reply before asking my passport and documents back, which will result in withdrawing my application. And how long it takes for home office to return the documents? Should i send a letter to caseworker as well about my circumstances??

please advice as this forums helps me in building my confidence and seeing the good news makes me happier for everyone

naq

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Thanks very much Damanisshallo

Help much appreciated

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Advice

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 pm

naqeeb wrote:I am in a big dilemma - First my grand mother passed away in december and i couldnt even go back to india to attend her funeral. 2nd My dad has been keeping unwell and i want to visit him but cant as iam stuck in a limbo. 3rd iam getting married in March and the date has been set for over a year and i cant change it.
Further to your query, please find below a small transcript of what UKBA says to justify the delay. Feel free to click the link to read the full transcript.
QUESTIONNAIRE ON MPs’ REPRESENTATIONS ON IMMIGRATION CASES wrote:Question 3: How satisfied are you or your constituents with information given by UKvisas?
The UK Border Agency remains generally unable to deal with urgent representations, even when decisions are very straightforward. Every letter we receive from the Border Agency states that it retains the capability to consider a case out of turn if circumstances are truly exceptional. The guidance states that the poor health of a close family member abroad, or the death of a family member, and the need for the applicant to travel abroad is a situation which justifies expediting a case. However, it is very rare that the Home Office can make a decision within two weeks or even two months of being asked to expedite a case. This is because it can take a week for a file to be transferred, and when it is in transit no one can provide any information about the case. Once the case worker is in possession of the file, they need to request any photos to issue documents; they need to make police checks which can take up to a month, and print documents, which can take up to two weeks. A system must be put in place which will allow any part of the Border Agency to deal with cases urgently. A decision on every case should be possible within two weeks of the request and many such decisions could or should be taken, and communicated, within a week. Read more...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Ellym
Newly Registered

Re: Form to use fr yur depndent if yur case hasn't been deci

Post by Ellym » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
tapi98 wrote:Hie my wife Visa expires on the 26th January 2013,she has been my dependent since 2008.Were are currently on the Post Study Visa.I applied for ILR in July under the 10years rule and still waiting for my case to be decided have done all the biometrics thing early Nov.So I wanted to check which form do I use to apply for my wife visa extension if the case does get a decision by the 20th January.Is it the FLR (M) or FLR (O)
Thanks you
Either ways you got to send FLR(M). The only difference is If you get your decision by 26th you can make a PEO appointment otherwise you got to send it by post.

My advise is get ready for both and try to book an appointment for may be 25th or 26th and if you get your ILR by then its well good. In the worst case cancel your appointment and post your wife's application.

Please I need your help on this one.

My wife's situation is similar to the one highlighted above but I have got kids waiting to be registered as citizens as soon as my 10 year ILR is decided. However, it is likely that their current dependants visa will run out before my ILR is concluded.

Should I send my kids MN1 forms for Citizen registration with a covering letter explaining why I have not attached my passport/ILR?

What other options have I got?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Were both your children born in the UK? Have you got any travel plans in the near future?

Having said this, One of the main criteria for children being able to apply for Naturalisation is
UKBA wrote:section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British citizens.
So you cannot make an application until one of the parent has got ILR.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

Ellym
Newly Registered

Post by Ellym » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Were both your children born in the UK? Have you got any travel plans in hte near future?

Having said this, One of the main criteria for children being able to apply for Naturalisation is
UKBA wrote:section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British citizens.
So you cannot make an application until one of the parent has got ILR.
Thanks Damanisshallo for your reply.

Both children were born in the UK and one is already on dependant visa which will most likely expire before my ILR. The younger does not have leave to remain but will not be travelling in the foreseeable future.

What's your take on this one?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Ellym wrote:What's your take on this one?
Post your wife's FLR(M) application before her current expiry date (The earliest you do the better) as explained to the actual OP.

Regarding your children, don't worry about them as they are born here and you don't have a plan to travel. Wait for your ILR, take both your children's MN1 Application forms to the nearest NCS so they can look at the original Passport/BRP and attest the photo copies along with your children's applications. They should normally return your originals which you can send to the department who are dealing with your wife's application.

Child born in UK before either parent is granted settlement: There is no requirement for a non-travelling UK-born-child to be included in the settlement application of the parent (that the child is a dependant of). Immediately after a parent is granted settlement, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
Skydrives, Templates

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 pm

So can this not be done? if the child was born in the UK but had to travel out of the uk? So on return have to have a sponsorship??

Arulsan

Post by Arulsan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi all,
I applied for my SET (O) on 27/12/12 and got the acknowledgement letter on 05/01/13 dated 31/12/12. I have a query in my wife’s FLR (M) that;
I have two children who were born in the UK and the first one has a dependent visa on my wife. My wife never been a dependent on me, instead I have been dependent on her (student dependent then PSW dependent). Due to this reason I am coming under new rule 9th July 2012, and have to show income to sponsor my wife. I am not going to apply for my children as they both were born here, but the confusion is still do I need to show the income threshold of £24800? Or is that just £18600 to my wife? Do I need to fill the section 4 on FLR(M) ?
Please help me to clear my confusion.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 am

Only 18600. Your children do not fall under immigration control.

Focus on the word in bold. You need to fill section 4 but only include your children if they are included otherwise just answer NO. To 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and proceed to section 5.
In this section include any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying as your dependants.
Skydrives, Templates

BobbyUKENG

Re: Please include and update my time line

Post by BobbyUKENG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

rohitchy wrote:Hi,
Can some one please include me and update the time line please.

8 years student + 2 years PSW,

Application sent : 20/06/2012
Hi Rohit,

Just wanted to let you know even I applied exactly within the same time lines as yours.

Had my Bio metrics done in August 2012 and still not heard any thing from HO, I would appreciate if you can give me any updates for June applicants so that I will have an idea what;s happening with June applications.
Thanks in advance.
Bobby

naqeeb

Re: Advice

Post by naqeeb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks for the info. Much Appreciated - do u think i should send the case worker as well a copy of the evidences? And if i withdraw then how long will it take to receive my documents back? Thanks Once again
Damanisshallo wrote:
naqeeb wrote:I am in a big dilemma - First my grand mother passed away in december and i couldnt even go back to india to attend her funeral. 2nd My dad has been keeping unwell and i want to visit him but cant as iam stuck in a limbo. 3rd iam getting married in March and the date has been set for over a year and i cant change it.
Further to your query, please find below a small transcript of what UKBA says to justify the delay. Feel free to click the link to read the full transcript.
QUESTIONNAIRE ON MPs’ REPRESENTATIONS ON IMMIGRATION CASES wrote:Question 3: How satisfied are you or your constituents with information given by UKvisas?
The UK Border Agency remains generally unable to deal with urgent representations, even when decisions are very straightforward. Every letter we receive from the Border Agency states that it retains the capability to consider a case out of turn if circumstances are truly exceptional. The guidance states that the poor health of a close family member abroad, or the death of a family member, and the need for the applicant to travel abroad is a situation which justifies expediting a case. However, it is very rare that the Home Office can make a decision within two weeks or even two months of being asked to expedite a case. This is because it can take a week for a file to be transferred, and when it is in transit no one can provide any information about the case. Once the case worker is in possession of the file, they need to request any photos to issue documents; they need to make police checks which can take up to a month, and print documents, which can take up to two weeks. A system must be put in place which will allow any part of the Border Agency to deal with cases urgently. A decision on every case should be possible within two weeks of the request and many such decisions could or should be taken, and communicated, within a week. Read more...

gingerbread
Newly Registered

Post by gingerbread » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Has anyone who applied in August heard any good news recently? Or even July? It seems quiet since the holidays.

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:17 pm

gingerbread wrote:Has anyone who applied in August heard any good news recently? Or even July? It seems quiet since the holidays.
No, I didn't get any update. Did my bio metrics in October.

Hope fully soon.

Jai