ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on form FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

A leaf
Newly Registered

Questions on form FLR(M)

Post by A leaf » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Though form FLR.m has been updated, it is still incredibly unspecific and somewhat misleading. I have a couple of questions about specific fields and would be interested to know how others have interpreted them.

The first is question 5.2: When did you enter the UK?
Are they referring to my first visa entry (in my case as a student)? The most recent visa entry ( a second visa for PSW)? Or literally, the last time I entered from holiday? I've been looking around the board to see if anyone else has answered this question but can't seem to find anything. if anyone has a clue what they mean I'd really appreciate it.

The second is question 6.9: Have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?

This is my first application as a partner (I have been on a post study work for the last 2 years). We are married and have lived together for a a year and a half. The possible answers are yes/no (and an explanation if no). At no point does it tell me to skip this question or the previous question aimed at those applying as unmarked cohabitating partners. I'm slightly confused and don't want to give the wrong information, but there is no question that fits my circumstances. Does anyone have any idea of how this should be treated?

Thanks in advance for any help, it does seem like we're being left to interpret these things on our own, perhaps if ukba provided full guidence to the application and didn't expect us to scour nether regions of their site in order to obtain updated information from newly written officers guidence notes waiting times for processing would be less heinous..... Oh well.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:07 pm

I would say, the answer to your first query is, that put either the first entry or last entry. Don't worry too much as this has no effect on flrm. You will be sending your passport, so they can do more digging an research if they want to.

For your second query, the technical answer would be to write N/A and then under the blank space provided right underneath it, just write all your entries and the type of visa on which you entered.

Don't stress too much about these two doubts in you mind.