ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

renu

Post by renu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:33 am

Sorry to hear u lost ur card.maybe u can ask the bank to provide you with bank statements with ur address on it,can b used as proof of address and request a copy of ur marriage certificate from the registry office.hope u will manage to sort out ur documents.

Ziko
Newly Registered

Post by Ziko » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 pm

renu that is a great idea but do u think they accept copies?
thanks

renu

Post by renu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 pm

Ziko wrote:renu that is a great idea but do u think they accept copies?
thanks
Bank statements with ur add on it will b ok,bank will write duplicate on these bank statement and it should b ok.

spike_UK

Re: Hi spike

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:23 am

Aladin0987 wrote:Spiky boy I am sorry to say that there is not such an idea except repeatedlly calling them and bombard them with letters+faxes.
Let is put it this way a "barbaric monster or dragon try to kill or eat ur kids and wife! ur first reaction would be throwing whatever u have at him"
Do ur best do not give up they are barbaric psychopaths they are bully individuals, I can see the end of this bully regime!

or Mp+Solvit+etc... u know all this any way

Happy New Year :lol:
Hi Aladin0987, happy New Year.
Did you even read my post properly?!! I'm saying if I ask for my documents back(only bills and papers no passport) will it affect my case?
Guys any ideas is appreciated, thanks
Happy new year to everyone.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

bobbe
Newly Registered

Re: Little Strange Story

Post by bobbe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 pm

[quote="Aladin0987"]Just to let u guys know my little strange story

-My wife got PR after succesful EEA3 application
-I applied for EEA4 on 02 February 2012
-Made complaint several times since the begining of October by e-mail, fax and post but never got any reply from them.
-Been calling them few times a day they keep saying"your application is not being completed, we do not have further information and we can't requst for COA letter, u must wait"
-Requested Passport back first time on 05 October 2012 and again requested several times Via Email, application form, post, calling them but they never replyed and returned our doduments!
-Contacted Mp
-Opened case with Solvit
-Opened case with European Commition
-Opened case with European Ombudsman
-Opened case with European Parliament and made a petition

Have they responded to you?

I am new in this site but I have made my case known to my Local MP.

You can also try to send an email to Chief executive of UKBA agency, and Copy the ED Miliband, your local MP and Ministry of immigration.

I was told by the ombudsman to request for a reference number from my local MP after 12 weeks of silence from UKBA. Hence your local MP can refer you to UKBA ombudsman since your complain is more than 12 weeks.

bobbe
Newly Registered

Re: EEA3 and EEA4 processing times

Post by bobbe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 pm

jbis wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum despite having checked it on a number of times whilst I was preparing to send my documents to the Home Office.

I'm a non EU citizen married for over 5 years to an EU national ( A 8countries). Got a family member residence stamp for a year when I first applied in June 2007 then a 5 years residence card which was due to expire in July 2013. In 2009 my wife and I had a baby and she stopped working after her maternity leave came to an end. The complication was that even though she was looking for work, mainly applying for jobs on line, she eventually stayed unemployed for almost one year and 10 months, so from October 2009 until March 2010 she was a job seeker, then from March 2010 until February 2011 she was just looking after our baby as we had some childcare issues, from March 2011 until March 2012 we had a Comprehensive health insurance, but in the mean time September 2011 until now she started working again. Bottom line she was at least 11 months doing nothing other than looking after our baby, I have always worked through out this 5 years period but it was irrelevant as she was the one supposed to exercise her EU treat rights. Since I could apply for a Permanent Residence Card this August, then I did back in August.

Time line:

06/08/2012 Application sent by recorded delivery, received by the home office on the following day.
01/09/2012 The home sent everything back, saying that there was not enough evidence qualifying us for Permanent residence
01/09/2012 same day I wrote a letter explaining how my wife had exercised her treat rights under the EU regulations and asked them to check carefully the contents of the application as all the documents relevant to our case were there, including a letter explaining that she had stayed 11 months just looking after our baby for a number of reasons and to please not send the application back without further consideration.

17/10/2012 I got a coa

10/12/2012 We got our documents back, mine and my wife's all together, PR and Permanent Residence Card both issued on the 01/12/2012.

Happy days!!!!

I think that a good letter explaining how she exercised the treat rights and how they could find the evidence among the documents sent was key to get these applications granted in my opinion fairly quick, compared to a number of posts I read in this forum, specially around long absences and comprehensive health insurance.

Thanks Guys and good luck guys. Jbis
congrats. I am still waiting for mine and it has exceeded 7 months now
I think God was on your side and a good person who loves his or her job and who might not be against

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 am

Jambo wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I'm planing to go on holiday to my country for 2 or 3 months but my EEA spouse is staying here because of her job, being absent for 2 or 3 months will affect my rights when applying for PR after 5 years of marriage?
Many thanks guys.
Not an issue.

See also Q1 in EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Permanent Residence.
Hi Jambo, I read the Q1 post above, it mentions 6 months absent a year, is this only for EEA nationals or family members(Non EEA) as well?
Many thanks mate.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 am

spike_UK wrote:
Jambo wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I'm planing to go on holiday to my country for 2 or 3 months but my EEA spouse is staying here because of her job, being absent for 2 or 3 months will affect my rights when applying for PR after 5 years of marriage?
Many thanks guys.
Not an issue.

See also Q1 in EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Permanent Residence.
Hi Jambo, I read the Q1 post above, it mentions 6 months absent a year, is this only for EEA nationals or family members(Non EEA) as well?
Many thanks mate.
Both. Same rule apply to both the EEA national and the non-EEA national.

alaskangirl

PR received - 2 months and 20 days waiting time

Post by alaskangirl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 am

Good morning Everyone!

Here is my story of success (still cannot believe it!)!

I am Russian, my husband is Polish, married since 2005, in the country since 2006. My husband has been a student for the last 3 years, I have always had a full-time job.

EEA4 application submitted on 2nd October
Received by the HO on 3rd October
CoA received around 20th October
PR granted on 23rd December, delivered 3rd January

2 months and 20 days only waiting time (plus two weeks for postage)!!

In addition to all the usual paperwork, I enclosed a cover letter from myself and a letter from my employer explaning that the passport is needed back ASAP if possible at all because I do a lot of travelling.

I put the paperwork in a plastic folder with sections, labeled each section with what's in it, 2.5kg in total, paid £50 for Special delivery both ways.

I only called the HO once but was told they were unable to give updates over the phone.

Good luck to everyone! Miracles happen!

PS I must mention that I have neved been that lucky, I submitted two applications to the HO in the past and had to wait for 5.5 and then 4.5 months.

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi every one
when apply for EEA4 and spouse has allready got Permanent Resident Card, do I need proof of residency? like utility bills?

renu

Re: PR received - 2 months and 20 days waiting time

Post by renu » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm

[quote="alaskangirl"]Good morning Everyone!

Here is my story of success (still cannot believe it!)!

I am Russian, my husband is Polish, married since 2005, in the country since 2006. My husband has been a student for the last 3 years, I have always had a full-time job.

EEA4 application submitted on 2nd October
Received by the HO on 3rd October
CoA received around 20th October
PR granted on 23rd December, delivered 3rd January

2 months and 20 days only waiting time (plus two weeks for postage)!!

In addition to all the usual paperwork, I enclosed a cover letter from myself and a letter from my employer explaning that the passport is needed back ASAP if possible at all because I do a lot of travelling.

I put the paperwork in a plastic folder with sections, labeled each section with what's in it, 2.5kg in total, paid £50 for Special delivery both ways.

I only called the HO once but was told they were unable to give updates over the phone.

Good luck to everyone! Miracles happen!

PS I must mention that I have neved been that lucky, I submitted two applications to the HO in the past and had to wait for 5.5 and then 4.5 months.[/quote

Congratulation.posted mine in September and still waiting.I have requested my passport back and hoping I will get my passport back before end of January.

Aladin0987

congratulation mate

Post by Aladin0987 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 pm

After 11 months of waiting since february last year I got refusal finaly and the reason is that because our utility bill is not separate and it is together, I mean my name and my wifes name is both in the account and they refused me for this reason as they say " Jointly named document dose not specify your definite residence in the United Kingdom" :lol:
I came to uk when I was 16 and I never traveled since because I could not.

Imagine there is no heaven above us onley sky...

renu

Re: congratulation mate

Post by renu » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:After 11 months of waiting since february last year I got refusal finaly and the reason is that because our utility bill is not separate and it is together, I mean my name and my wifes name is both in the account and they refused me for this reason as they say " Jointly named document dose not specify your definite residence in the United Kingdom" :lol:

Sorry to hear about ur refusal.HO took nearly a year to decide on ur application.I have sent joint bank statements as proof of residence. And I'm still waiting for my pr

spike_UK

Re: congratulation mate

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:After 11 months of waiting since february last year I got refusal finaly and the reason is that because our utility bill is not separate and it is together, I mean my name and my wifes name is both in the account and they refused me for this reason as they say " Jointly named document dose not specify your definite residence in the United Kingdom" :lol:

Hi Aladin0987, I'm truly sorry for what I hear, your refusal is unacceptable and all my bills are joint name(my wife and I) never had a problem with it.
Have you got the right to appeal? I'm sure you will easily win the case.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Marco25
Newly Registered

Eea4

Post by Marco25 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 am

Hi Aladin, sorry to hear about your refusal, something in your case it does not add up, in a first place it should not take 11 month, plus they can not simply refuse you on a bases of just you have sent joint bill, do you have actually any kind off passport? What document exactly did you send to home office to support your application? I can tell you this much if they refused you on a bases you describe you have a strong case against them.
Good luck.

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 am

hi gyz thanks for ur reply
my main concern now is that they have not sent an appeal form and ask me to leave the uk :lol:
how can I get an appeal form?
can I use Imigration or solicitor letter in the past as a proof of address?
If I ask the other utility bill company to send me a copy of bills in the past do you think it is officially recognised as a proof of address?

document sent with the appilcation:Permanent resident Card of my wife+my ID+Marriage Certificate+bank statment of my wife+p60+p45+joint tenansy aggrement+joint water utilitty bill+etc... from 2006 to 2012

Something isnt right nd I assume it is not the application form lol

Marco25
Newly Registered

Eea4 applications

Post by Marco25 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Aladin,
According to to the EU law as long as you still married to your europian wife they can not send you back no way no how, don't worry about that, just hire an immigration solicitor will do the job fo you. In other hand regarding your right of appeal if you don't produce your valid passport and your wife passport or her ID they don't give you a right of appeal, you need to show them your national passport from yourself not your ID as you are not europian national yourself. Home office only accept ID from EU countries. If you go to home office website and read case workers guidelines on EEA application clearly written if you don't send valid passport they refuse you without right of appeal.

spike_UK

Re: Eea4 applications

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Marco25 wrote:Hi Aladin,
According to to the EU law as long as you still married to your europian wife they can not send you back no way no how, don't worry about that, just hire an immigration solicitor will do the job fo you. In other hand regarding your right of appeal if you don't produce your valid passport and your wife passport or her ID they don't give you a right of appeal, you need to show them your national passport from yourself not your ID as you are not europian national yourself. Home office only accept ID from EU countries. If you go to home office website and read case workers guidelines on EEA application clearly written if you don't send valid passport they refuse you without right of appeal.
Yes you right but Aladin doesn't have a national passport either, that is why he has never travelled no where even he has RC,
Aladin, bro about deportation please just ignore that( you are a married man) and about the bills, this is driving me mad because as long as your name(whether joint or alone) is on the utilities bills and tenants agreement it means proof of address, so there must be something else. please don't give up and you will win.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 pm

much appreciate ur comments, I do have a thingy called an ARC card wich is issued by home office for asylum seekers and it is not the issue.

gyz I need to know -how long is the deadline for appeal and how to get the appeal form as they did not enclose one with the refusal letter.
-wheather an officeal utility bill COPY wich provided by water company is recognised as a genuine bill officeally?
-how can I invite independant body in to the court to watch if they do not deny my right unlawfully in case if they buy the judge and maniplate the hole scenario.

I desperately fancy a late dusky evening walk with Pat Finucane...

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:much appreciate ur comments, I do have a thingy called an ARC card wich is issued by home office for asylum seekers and it is not the issue.

gyz I need to know -how long is the deadline for appeal and how to get the appeal form as they did not enclose one with the refusal letter.
-wheather an officeal utility bill COPY wich provided by water company is recognised as a genuine bill officeally?
-how can I invite independant body in to the court to watch if they do not deny my right unlawfully in case if they buy the judge and maniplate the whole scenario.

I desperately fancy a late dusky evening walk with Pat Finucane...

Marco25
Newly Registered

Eea4

Post by Marco25 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi Aladin,
Friend of mine is a immigration solicitors I will explain your case to him and come back with answer to you hopefully tomarrow, but need to ask you some question if you don't mind?
Are you still married?
Part from you wife pr, did you also send her passport with your application?
Did you wife had a full time job for last 5 years?
In order to apply for PR eea4 you must be living in the uk for 5 years according to the EU law as your time here before as an asylum doesn't count toward your 5 years residency, your 5 years start from the date you married and your married recognise by home office, if you we're legally in the country before married with any sort of visa you could argue that you been living here for long time. your 5 years residency starts from the date you married.

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Marco my wife has got Permanent Resident Card and has a full time job since June 2006 and still work full time and propebly forever, and as far as I am concern we r still together and she is still my wife lol
we literally have been married for 5 years and lived together for 7 years.

My qustiouns are these:
1-if an european national allready have a Permanent resident Card after a succesfull EEA3 application dose the Non-EU family member still need to provide proof of address?
2-are copies of utility bill which provides by the provider company can be recognised officeally as a proof of address? as I lost some of the none joint account's original bills, but as I called the companies they were fair and able to send me the same bills with the word COPY on them.
3-how to appeal as they have not send the appeal form but I do have a right to appeal, and how many days do I have before my appeals deadline?

please get me these answers if u could, nd I thank u for ur concern.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." 8)

Vinnie21

Post by Vinnie21 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Marco my wife has got Permanent Resident Card and has a full time job since June 2006 and still work full time and propebly forever, and as far as I am concern we r still together and she is still my wife lol
we literally have been married for 5 years and lived together for 7 years.

My qustiouns are these:
1-if an european national allready have a Permanent resident Card after a succesfull EEA3 application dose the Non-EU family member still need to provide proof of address?
2-are copies of utility bill which provides by the provider company can be recognised officeally as a proof of address? as I lost some of the none joint account's original bills, but as I called the companies they were fair and able to send me the same bills with the word COPY on them.
3-how to appeal as they have not send the appeal form but I do have a right to appeal, and how many days do I have before my appeals deadline?

please get me these answers if u could, nd I thank u for ur concern.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." 8)
wots the reason refusal it doesn't make any sense at all wot does the paper say abt the refusal ?

Vinnie21

Re: Eea4

Post by Vinnie21 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Marco25 wrote:Hi Aladin,
Friend of mine is a immigration solicitors I will explain your case to him and come back with answer to you hopefully tomarrow, but need to ask you some question if you don't mind?
Are you still married?
Part from you wife pr, did you also send her passport with your application?
Did you wife had a full time job for last 5 years?
In order to apply for PR eea4 you must be living in the uk for 5 years according to the EU law as your time here before as an asylum doesn't count toward your 5 years residency, your 5 years start from the date you married and your married recognise by home office, if you we're legally in the country before married with any sort of visa you could argue that you been living here for long time. your 5 years residency starts from the date you married.
the residency starts when he set foot on uk from that date not from marriage certificate .

Vinnie21

Post by Vinnie21 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:hi gyz thanks for ur reply
my main concern now is that they have not sent an appeal form and ask me to leave the uk :lol:
how can I get an appeal form?
can I use Imigration or solicitor letter in the past as a proof of address?
If I ask the other utility bill company to send me a copy of bills in the past do you think it is officially recognised as a proof of address?

document sent with the appilcation:Permanent resident Card of my wife+my ID+Marriage Certificate+bank statment of my wife+p60+p45+joint tenansy aggrement+joint water utilitty bill+etc... from 2006 to 2012

Something isnt right nd I assume it is not the application form lol
it could the wrong application form or u didn't fill it as they wanted