ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employee sponsorship for temporary work visa

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

jonkeating
Newly Registered

employee sponsorship for temporary work visa

Post by jonkeating » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 pm

hi

can anyone give me advice on the temporary work visa australia? it gives you up to 4 years stay and work but requires sponsorship from a company. I'm going to be a masters graduate in the UK as of June.

Is there any way of finding an already approved employer in australia willing to sponsor me? or an employer wanting to recruit overseas workers? I think that might be the first step.

Any tips or guidance would be really helpful as I have spent so many hours trawling through websites that now i am confused.

Cheers, Jon

Andrew75
Newly Registered

Post by Andrew75 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Getting a job and visa sponsorship with a company in a different country is always going to be a bit difficult. The main problem is that it is risky to take on a new employee, along with the investment of time and money involved in a new visa.

The way I got this visa (It is the 457 right?) is down to the fact my company has offices around the world, and agreed to transfer me. In that way I was already 'known' to the company in question.

Unless your skill (which you do not specify) is REALLY in demand, I would suggest you look at the 'Skilled Migration Visa' instead, which would allow you to go to Australia and look for work after you get there.

Otherwise you can always join a company in the UK which has an Australian office, and get there that way.