ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due April Salaried employment+self employed income

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fomsand1

ILR due April Salaried employment+self employed income

Post by fomsand1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Gurus,

I was wondering if someone can help shed some light/advice on something that has been bugging me lately as my ILR application is due on the first week of April.

I'm currently on Teir1 (In country) which expires on 23rd of April 2013 but will be appying for ILR in April (Under the 28 day rule)

I intend to claim income from a combination of both salaried employment and self employment as I carry out beespoke software testing and IT admin on a contract basis for small businesses. I have been doing this for over 3 years now, but the income from self employment will help boost by income from salaried employment to give me the required points I need for my application to be successful.

I know for my salaried employement, I need 12 months payslip and 12 months bank statement. I'm unsure what I need for self employment or how to combine these two. Do I need to have a Limited compmany structure where I draw income via dividend vouchers (as is frequent and common on this forum), or can I claim point for self employement as just a contractor without any limited company structure, ie, I just contract and my employer pay me for services rendered without drawing any dividend voucher as operates in a company director structure. In my self employement role, when I complete a job my employers pay me (through my bank account) for services rendered. I'm registered with HMRC as self employed (and have my self employment registration certificate) so I pay all my taxes on income earned by self employement through my accountant. I just wanted to know what document to submit as self employed towards my application. Most self employed applicants on this forum all operate a limited company and I've searched through out this forum for someone with a similar business structure as mine who have applied for ILR and haven't come accross one in this forum.

am I correct in thinking that I will need to submit for self employed income:

1) Accountants Letter confirming gross and net earnings for the 12 months before my application
2) Bank statement for the 12 months preceeding my application showing credits of payment into my bank account
3)HMRC assesment for the period I contracted and period income was earned showing gross income for which tax is to be paid
4) Invoices from my management accountant for work carried out by me to my clients
5) Certificate of Registration from HMRC as a self employed person

I'd appreciate your advice Gurus on this. I'd also like advise on the list of document to submit towards my application as I'll be applying with my wife who is my dependant.

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Fomsand1

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Can someone help shed some light on my query gurus? 40 views and not one reply? It's like some of us are loosing hope in this forum.

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 pm

You need to provide the following :

1- Accountant letter confirming your gross salary and gross and net income from self employment
2- Annual or management accounts ( to be prepared by the accountant)
3- Invoices receipt summary (verified by the accountant)
4- Business bank statements
5- Salary slips
6- Personal banks statement showing the salary is coming in
7- Class 2 N I contribution paid bills (this will confirm your self employment)
8- Sales invoices which you have issued to your customers

Please note that your accountant must be registered with one of the accounting bodies as approved by UKBA.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks Syed_h,

Appreciate your help. Can I ask if youre applying or have applied in a similar capacity? If so can you share your experience with me?

Many thanks

Fomsand1

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 am

Actually I am accountant and normally prepare these documents for my clients.

Haideez
Newly Registered

Post by Haideez » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Syed_h,

I am in a similar boat to fomsand1 in that I am applying for my ILR soon with a combination of full time employment, and I am also registered as a self employed sole trader with HMRC but without a limited company structure, (just a regular sole trader) for my freelance work.

However my case differs in that I am applying with the background of UK Ancestry, not on the HSMP Tier system. Would the list of documentation I need to provide be the same as what you mentioned for fomsand1, or would I need to submit less than that (due to the fact that I don't have to obtain a certain amount of points or have a certain salary to be eligible)?

Any help much appreciated.

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Haideez

I suggest that if you have to prove your income from self employment (sole trader) then in that case you need to submit all the documents mentioned my list.

R.M.
Newly Registered

Post by R.M. » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 am

syed_h wrote: Please note that your accountant must be registered with one of the accounting bodies as approved by UKBA.
Hi Syed_h,

Does my accountant need to be registered with one of these ONLY? ICAEW; ICAS; ICAI;ACCA; CIPFA; CIMA.

What if he is ATII or ATT?
My accountancy firm is SJD Accountancy who in turn have many accountants registered with different bodies. So any clarity on this is much appreciated.

Thanks
R.M.

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 am

Hi R.M

Pls add IFA in addition to the accounting bodies you have already mentioned. Please note that accountant must registered with one of the accounting bodies you mentioned and must be able to mention his registration number on the letter head.

ATII or ATT are not in the approved list of UKBA.