ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language proficieny

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hp
Newly Registered

English language proficieny

Post by hp » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:58 am

Hi

I applied canada immigration few months ago ,I received letter from canada immigration saying that your written explantion on english language proficieny is not support the levels of proficiency you have claimed.

They asked me write a language test by an approved organization. I do not have time to write exam at this point of time .I am travelling overseas for project releated work in another 6 months.If I do not submit exam result.Will they gave zero points for langauage proficiency or else they give points based written explanation submited during application
Any help is highly appreciated.I am working in IT industry and mostly working for US projects and I worked in US 4 years as well.

Thanks in advance

AsherY
Newly Registered

Post by AsherY » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:28 pm

Hi Friend,

I am not very sure on this, but they also asked me for the provision of English language proficiency through approved tests. I appeared for IELTS with a preparation of two weeks and acquired 7.5 (required was 6). As you said that you have been working overseas for long time, you should not have any problem in qualifying a test. May be a preparation of one week. However, obtaining a test date could be an issue. IELTS test centres are around the globe and you can take test locally where ever you are going for the project. You will appreciate that you will have to spare time if you want to peruse your case. Test is usually on weekends and prep time is not much. Can’t manage this much time?

In my opinion, if you could not provide the required proof with in given time (usually 90 days), your score for language proficiency would be counted as zero.

Good Luck

fomar

Post by fomar » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:53 am

hp,

how many points you claimed in the language section and could you share your written explanation on english proficiency which did not support your claimed points