ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required with wife and kids immigration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smas4er

Help required with wife and kids immigration

Post by smas4er » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Guys

I'm looking for some help on the best way to move forward. Following are the details;
I have applied for ILR in August, hope to have a positive reply next (really hope so)
If my application is successful how can I proceed with my wife application. She is currently as a dependent of Teir 1 (my status as at now). She came to uk in April 2008 as my dependant. Can I apply ILR for her or do I have to apply FLR(M) for her. If I can apply ILR for her can it be a PEO appointment or it has to be via post?
Secondly my 2 kids were born in uk - so I know I can apply for their BC immediately, but can this be a PEO appointment or only via post. The reason I ask this is that I need to travel with my family in May for my brother's wedding. If the above is not possible then what would be the alternative for us to be able to travel in May?
Will appreciate your help greatly.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 am

I cannot give you credible advice about your wife, and there has been too much tinkering with rules lately and I havent been able to keep pace. But I am suree, if you search the form, including the STICKY's, you will find the answer.

I can tell you about your kids though.
Once you gain ILR, you can immediately apply for your kids to be registered as British citizens. You will need form MN1.

Once your kids get registered, then you can apply for their british passports, surrender their Indian passports, and then apply for Indian visa on British passport.

The only other way to travel is that if they have valid dependent visa's on their Indian passport. In this case, it will be better if you apply for their BC once they are return from India.

vinny

Re: Urgent help required for Wife and Kids immigration

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 pm

smas4er wrote:Hi Guys
I need some assistance regarding my family settlement.
I have applied for my ILR and expect a decision soon. I have 3 dependants my wife and 2 kids. My kids were born here so they can apply straight for naturalisation. My wife has been here since April 2008, she joined me as dependant of PBS – so has been here for 5 years.
What is the process for her, can she apply straight for Indefinite leave or does she have to apply for FLR(M) first. If so can she apply for indefinite leave immediately after getting FLR(M). Also what are the main document requirements to apply for this category.
On a second note we all have to travel urgently next month to attend a wedding. My wife and my 1 kid is currently on PBS dependant expiring August 2013. My 2nd child is 6 months old and currently has no visa. What course of action would you suggest so that we can travel next month?
Will appreciate your help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 pm

If you were granted ILR under Long residence, then see also Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave.

But they could try their luck at a PEO (not recommended by post).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 am

Hi
Thanks a lot for the info. I have got a couple of questions. I will try and apply for FLR(M) in person for all my dependants so that we can travel next month. I was reading document requirements and had question for the following statement - how can I prove this?

"evidence that you were both free to marry or enter your civil partnership, if either of you was previously married or in a civil partnership"

Secondly I wanted to ask about financial requirements. I am not a permanent employee but a contractor - what documents do I need to prove the financial requirements?

Will appreciate your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm

If either of you were previously married to someone else, then they require proof of being divorced prior to your current marriage.

The financial requirements are subject (3.4) to the rules before 9th july 2012. What documents do you have? See also type of documents required under the new rules.

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm

I have business account bank statements, monthly invoices - what else will I need? Any documents from my accountant?

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 am

Hi Guys
Some one please help me out and let me know what documents should I produce to prove fiancial requirements.