ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed for child dep visa!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tatvam27
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed for child dep visa!!!!!

Post by Tatvam27 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I m on tier1 visa exp on 20-05-2013 . V have a 4 mth old baby, v got his passport done, but did not bother to apply for his visa as we thought we will apply during our tier 1 extension. But due to some reason we have to gobto India urgently and are unable to get appointment ukba for one day visa. My query is can we take our baby to India without visa? (is it safe to do so) and secondly will be difficult for us to get the child's visa from india??? Urgent help help as v have to fly as early as possible. Thanks in advance

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 am

It is my understanding that you can take the baby out of the UK You will then need to apply for a visa from India. You will obviously require various documents to be taken from the UK before you travel so make sure you have all those prior to travelling.
pennyless

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:01 am

Why on earth would you need a visa for child, when the child is a citizen of India? You do not need a visa to go to your own country, do you?

You can apply for child's dependent visa from India.
Whats difficult and what's easy? There is procedure to be followed. Check out BHC India website about the procedure and documentation required for visa.

Tatvam27
Newly Registered

Post by Tatvam27 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 am

Thankyou very much for reply but we are very much worried as our visa expires in June. Will that create a problem for us in India?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am

Since when has Indian government imposed visas on its own citizens?

Tatvam27
Newly Registered

Pls suggest child's visa

Post by Tatvam27 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 am

V have a 5 mths old son. Have to go india urgent, I m on tier 1 visa . Got baby's passport but no visa stamping. Pls if anyone can suggest how much balance I have to show if have to apply for baby's visa from india. Also can I apply same day service in india. Thanks in advance.

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Tatvam27

I know someone whose baby was born in the UK. They got their Indian passport here, did not get a UK visa and went to India. They simply had to apply for Entry clearance for the baby before travelling back to UK.

It is safe to take the baby to India without a Visa. Your baby is an Indian citizen and you dont need a visa to exit the UK.

With regards to maintenance of funds,

if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months,
you will need to show £900 (for you) + £600 (for your partner) + £600 for each child

if you have been in the UK for less than 12 months,
you will need to show £900 (for you) + £1800 (for your partner) + £1800 for each child

See page 8 here - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 pm

This is the UKBA website for India - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

It will cost you INR 73450 for the dependant visa