ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex_shvjac

ILR Granted

Post by alex_shvjac » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 am

Guys, I received the email from my solicitor to advise that I have been given ILR. All the documents arrived to his place therefore I haven't seen them yet.
I will update you all later on, but, briefly, we have submitted documents on 13th August (me + wife + stateless baby boy), biometrics done on 5th October. Me and boy got ILR, my wife 2.5yr permit.
Good luck to you all!

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi alex, Good to hear, Congratulations!

Have applied through solicitor, I mean why didn't you get your decision to your address. What about biometric invitation letter, did u get it to your address. I wonder if I need to keep contact with my solicitor. I have done all the paperwork myself.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi alex, Good to hear, Congratulations!

Have applied through solicitor, I mean why didn't you get your decision to your address. What about biometric invitation letter, did u get it to your address. I wonder if I need to keep contact with my solicitor. I have done all the paperwork myself.
Cangratulation Alex and the rest of others who`s got thire decision
Tab0287, I don`t think the solicitors is just for in case of special sorcoumstanses if the applicant is not trese or not reply to the home office then the home office contect to applicant representative in my personal expirence my solicitors sabmit my ilr application to ukba after 2 month and 10 days i got the biometrics letter and i done it my self on 07th november 2012 then still waiting till now yesterday i was went to solicitors for asking my progross but unfotunatly the solicitors asked did you received biometrics which is i received 2 month ago but my solicitors did not know my biometrics letter just he said if you did not heard anything from the home office withen 6 month then come to meet me. hopefully all thouse who`s waiting for decision can help this information
Best whises
babe khyber

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
evointheuk wrote:Hello everyone!
Congrats to all of you who got ILR and great luck to anyone waiting, I applied on 14-08-12
got letter on 19-10-12 dated back to 05-10-12 (they left me one day to send the finger prints :( ), still waiting to hear from them but no luck till now :( I cant understand what determines the speed of application process! is it your work status? is it your country of origin? is it the staff at UK boarder agency? I will keep you guys undated if anything shows up! regards
hi evointheuk.
I am the same satuation as you i mean august case but still nothing heard i think some one from september case has got ilr but we are still counting days. Anywhy don`t worry hopefully we will getting decision soon inshallah
Best whises
babe khyber
Thanks for your response, we still have time to not be worried so fingers crossed,....many congrats alex, your dates are similar to mine, so hopefully mine will come soon, all the best :)

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Thank you babe_khyber. Waiting for good news from all of you.

mirna

Post by mirna » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:33 pm

hi all!!!
no tab0287 i don't think you need a solicitor for that i send my application my self. so no to worries
gd luck all

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello My Good Friends

I and my family also applied on August 24th and did not hear any thing from the UKBA yet, I have contacted my solicitor before the chrismas and they have sent a letter to the UKBA asking them if they have approved and granted my ILR and its almost over two weeks and since that we did not hear any thing, but hopefully we will get a response.

it seems to me bit surprise how the UKBA works as we have seen folks who applied back september already got their BRC and those of us who applied back august have not heard any thing yet.

Let me congratulate every one of you who have got their BRC its very good news all of us, specially my unseen friend festraunet you were a great mate and giving an awesome advices to every one, hopefully we will get a positive response very soon.

Doodo I remember we have applied the same month august and also other mates here applied august hopefully insha allah we will get our BRC

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm

hello mshasan24,

I applied on 3/7 and received my biometric middle of Oct. I did my bio on the 17 of Oct and still waiting for ILR.

my wife bio did not come and I rang them end of Oct and they sent new one 2nd week Nov. Them one week later they sent another one for me and her so I was annoyed of calling them and just did bio again on the 22 of Nov both of us. We are still waiting for the ILR.

I think I am the oldest one here now.

I don't know what to do ... waiting is killing me.

Inshalla all will come soon.

congratulations to whom got their ILR and thanks for sharing.

Good luck to all.

tintin11
Newly Registered

Post by tintin11 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi . I greatly appreciate if you could answer my question regarding protection route ILR

my visa expires mid march and as far as I know I should apply 28 days before the expire date
but I have also won the US Diversity visa and they have issues the visa in my travel document. To be honest I would like to live in the us but I would like to also get the UK ILR
My intial plan was to go to us in jan 2013 and get the green card then come back to UK and apply for ILR before March but the problem is the processing time of the Ilr THROUGH protection route. I heard that I can't use premium service and sometimes it may take even more than 6 month ( even 1 year) to get the ILR and because UK travel document is my only travel document then ( according to us rules) there is the risk of losing us green card

so here are my questions.
1- I can goto usa and then post my travel document to uk and one my relatives can post the ILR application but definitely I need to do the biometric.
so can I do the biometric out of UK?
2- or I can return the uk and apply for ILR then wait for the biometric. but can I leave UK after biometric ? does it have any effect on my application?

and finally I decide to permanently leave the uk what should I do with student loans

Many tahnks

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 am

tintin11 wrote:Hi . I greatly appreciate if you could answer my question regarding protection route ILR

my visa expires mid march and as far as I know I should apply 28 days before the expire date
but I have also won the US Diversity visa and they have issues the visa in my travel document. To be honest I would like to live in the us but I would like to also get the UK ILR
My intial plan was to go to us in jan 2013 and get the green card then come back to UK and apply for ILR before March but the problem is the processing time of the Ilr THROUGH protection route. I heard that I can't use premium service and sometimes it may take even more than 6 month ( even 1 year) to get the ILR and because UK travel document is my only travel document then ( according to us rules) there is the risk of losing us green card

so here are my questions.
1- I can goto usa and then post my travel document to uk and one my relatives can post the ILR application but definitely I need to do the biometric.
so can I do the biometric out of UK?
2- or I can return the uk and apply for ILR then wait for the biometric. but can I leave UK after biometric ? does it have any effect on my application?

and finally I decide to permanently leave the uk what should I do with student loans

Many tahnks

You can't eat your cake and also have it . I will suggest you stick to your America Green Card until you become an America Citizen with America Passport with this I don't see what you want to do with ILR here that you can't do the same in America. If anybody guarantee you that having an America Green Card also applying ILR here is possible, I will guarantee you that at the end you may loose both and also be jail for immigration fraud in America. So better stick to your Green Card and forget ILR. A bird at hand is better than million in the bush. Good Luck.
nothing united in United Nation.

adel14
Newly Registered

Post by adel14 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am

Hi my friends,

I have an question and I need your answer an an advice:

I am from london and I want to go to Manchester to visit my relatives and I may stay there about one month, I am still waiting for Biometric invitation but if the biometric invitation letter may send to my address in London while I am in Manchester and I will ask my friend to send the letter by post to me in Manchester, my question is : is it OK to do my Biometric in Manchester post office or I have to do it in London?

Thanks in advance

inception
Newly Registered

Post by inception » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 pm

adel14 wrote:Hi my friends,

I am from london and I want to go to Manchester to visit my relatives and I may stay there about one month, I am still waiting for Biometric invitation but if the biometric invitation letter may send to my address in London while I am in Manchester and I will ask my friend to send the letter by post to me in Manchester, my question is : is it OK to do my Biometric in Manchester post office or I have to do it in London?

Thanks in advance

You can do it at any post office have biometric facility

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone

Im soon goin to apply for ILR SET Protection route.
Could anyone help with what documents I need to send together with form SET(P).

Thanks

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Who is already send the docs, please help and advice what docs you sent, or where can i find this info.

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Please help!!!!

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Can i book PEO appointment for SET(P) form? or i can only apply by post?

mirna

Post by mirna » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

hi olazh, il tell you what i did, i fill the form as you have seen the form is easy to fill. I send with the form. 2 picture for each( my dependant and i) original limited leave to remain and birth certificates for my kids and the travel document. Thats all. Best wishes

mirna

Post by mirna » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 pm

and send it off by post special delivery next day.

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

mirna wrote:and send it off by post special delivery next day.
Thanks

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Mirna, did they sent your your old travel doc, back with ILR in it, or will you have to apply for new one?

mirna

Post by mirna » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:43 pm

they ll send you everything back but not the expire llr letter. You still need to apply for a new travel document because that on is expired

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:49 pm

mirna wrote:they ll send you everything back but not the expire llr letter. You still need to apply for a new travel document because that on is expired
Of course :oops:

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:49 pm

thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

ILR WAITTING

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm

adel14 wrote:Hi my friends,

Thanks in advance
hi adel14 i hope you are well In my lemitid knowledge i think its ok to do biometrics any where in the uk post office jist keep them safe the invitation letters back page there is barcode post office need the barcode however before leving london asking any post office in london tell them i am going to manchister could it possaible i enrolling my biometrics in manchister i think they should say yes hopefully it will ok everything inshallah don`t worry
Best whises
babe khyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

set protection route application

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm

hi olazh on set protection route is very simple and very easy you don`t need a bank statement or payslip just send them your orig llr immigration ststus document and 2 pict if you have dependant then you need to send them 2 pict each persons if you have travel document send them as well hopefully you will getting biometrics enrollment letter withen 8 to 10 week after bio the home office start consedration then the out come will be sendding through regestred post withen 8 to 12 week
Best whises
babe khyber