ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to get the Appointment Report from companies house

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mattcnWang
Newly Registered

how to get the Appointment Report from companies house

Post by mattcnWang » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply the entrepreneur visa, and I have an issue of my appointment report from companies house.

first, from the UKBA Tire1(Entre)guidance, the date on the appointment report should be within 3 months before I submitted my application. However, I have already became the director of this company 1 year ago. Does anyone one know how to update the date of your appointment date?

Second is UKBA requires all the documents need to be orignal files. Where can I ask for this appointment report from the companies house.

from the guidance, there is text explanation:
"117. If you are a Director of a UK company when you apply you must provide: A Current Appointment Report from Companies House:
A current appointment report will list the Directors of a company and the dates of their appointment. You must obtain a printout of the Current Appointment Report from Companies House (this will require paying a fee to Companies House)."

However, I couldn't find where to get this file when i logged into my company house web filling account.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

nickb
India

Re: how to get the Appointment Report from companies house

Post by nickb » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:06 pm

mattcnWang wrote:Hi,
I am going to apply the entrepreneur visa, and I have an issue of my appointment report from companies house.

first, from the UKBA Tire1(Entre)guidance, the date on the appointment report should be within 3 months before I submitted my application. However, I have already became the director of this company 1 year ago. Does anyone one know how to update the date of your appointment date?

Second is UKBA requires all the documents need to be orignal files. Where can I ask for this appointment report from the companies house.

"117. If you are a Director of a UK company when you apply you must provide: A Current Appointment Report from Companies House:
A current appointment report will list the Directors of a company and the dates of their appointment. You must obtain a printout of the Current Appointment Report from Companies House (this will require paying a fee to Companies House)."

However, I couldn't find where to get this file when i logged into my company house web filling account.

You can't update the appointment date. It's the date that you became the director of the company. You will have to become the director of another company as your existing one is more than 3 months old.

mattcnWang
Newly Registered

Post by mattcnWang » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 pm

can I remove myself from this company and reappoint me to a new director?
but it isn't make sense at all. what is this rule limited for?

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 pm

mattcnWang wrote:can I remove myself from this company and reappoint me to a new director?
but it isn't make sense at all. what is this rule limited for?
I don't if that's possible because the appointment report will mention the past directors as well I think. As for the limitation, that's a question you need to ask the UKBA!

Gorgeous_Worrier
Newly Registered

Post by Gorgeous_Worrier » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi Matchwang

I am also sailing in the same boat as you, As I am also registered as director of my company before 6 months.

I read the guidance policy and still confused regarding registered as director of new of existing business within 3 months of application.

that it does not make any sense to become or re appoint as director of a company again.

mattcnWang
Newly Registered

Post by mattcnWang » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Gorgeous_Worrier wrote:Hi Matchwang

I am also sailing in the same boat as you, As I am also registered as director of my company before 6 months.

I read the guidance policy and still confused regarding registered as director of new of existing business within 3 months of application.

that it does not make any sense to become or re appoint as director of a company again.
Hi, I assumed the UKBA just need the latest report from the company house, I have also update my appointment date just in case(remove myself for the current director and then appoint myself again to my company). hope anyone had any of these experiences can give us a hint..

Gorgeous_Worrier
Newly Registered

Post by Gorgeous_Worrier » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 pm

mattcnWang wrote:
Gorgeous_Worrier wrote:Hi Matchwang

Hi, I assumed the UKBA just need the latest report from the company house, I have also update my appointment date just in case(remove myself for the current director and then appoint myself again to my company). hope anyone had any of these experiences can give us a hint..
Kindly find below links which explains that if you are registered as director previous to 3 months..Than it is accepted....Someone has asked UKBA under freedom of information....

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... ing-286895

yuva
Newly Registered

Here is how you can obtain Current Appoitment Report

Post by yuva » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 pm

You can obtain a list of the current directors and company secretary and those who have resigned since 1991 by requesting a Current Appointments Report including resignations. Please be aware that the addresses given in the report may not be a residential address, as service addresses can be given under the Companies Act 2006. The fee for this document is £3.00 by post, fax, or email.

This information can be ordered by telephoning our Contact Centre on 0303 1234 500.

Requests for posted information which are received by 4pm where payment is made by credit or debit card, will be despatched by first class post the same day. Faxed or emailed information will be sent on the same day as the request was made and will be delivered within 1 hour.

Requests where payment is made by cheque will be processed within 2 working days of receipt.

In order to protect our customers' interests we are unable to carry out searches where payment by credit or debit card is made via e-mail.

However, the Current Appointments Report, which is a list of the current directors and company secretary (this will not include resignations), is free of charge on our Webcheck service.

For further information please visit the shortcut:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/info

m.j

Post by m.j » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 am

Hi

I have just downloaded the Current Appointment report from the Companies House website and it shows me as the director, which I have been since 2010.
Based on the previous comments on this post, this information is not present.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Aboora
Newly Registered

Appointment Report

Post by Aboora » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi everyone.

Please be guided that your company can be registered and you may be a director of the company for longer than three months BUT
The report of appointment should not be more than three months old.

This represents the fact that within the last three months your company was in existence and you were the director.

This further means that on the date of the report, you had not left the company but were still a director in the business.

Hope this clarifies the 3 month confusion.

Regards

AKT
Newly Registered

Re: how to get the Appointment Report from companies house

Post by AKT » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 am

mattcnWang wrote:Hi,

Please follow this process - This is free of charge. you will receive a link to your email or you could download the from the site..

Take a color print of this doc and sign it...