ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shairee_mashriq

Application for Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:48 am

Dear Friends:

Congr... to all who have received ILR. Looking forward to understand the processing time involved in these applications ....... ???? Concered for Doodooo , babee_Khyber, tab?????

Anyways Application made on : 7/01/2013
Received by them : 9/01/2013

Biomertric Information Request : Waiting to hear from them....

And looking forward to know who else has applied in Nov, or Dec 2012....... So we can keep eachother updated with their status of applications. Helps to understand how busy they are in terms of processing our applications.

olazh

Post by olazh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am

Hi

Can somebody, tell me if I need to sent Live in UK test certificate together with my ILR SET (P) form?

shairee_mashriq

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:32 pm

olazh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

Can somebody, tell me if I need to sent Live in UK test certificate together with my ILR SET (P) form?

There was no requirement until 5th Jan 2013... to attach any Life in U.K test for applying settelment through protection route... Precisely people who were granted 5 year limited leave under Refugee or Humantarian Protection.........

The only time you will Life in U.K or ESOL will be when applying your nuetralization as a British Citizenship....

I hope it answers your question, the application form for this catogery also doesn't requires it. Therefore I am confident to say there is no such requirement to date.
But end of the day I am not qualified please feel free to check with any qualified immigration lawyer by all means.

Thanks.

shairee_mashriq

Application for settelement through protection route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi... All members

Please keep us update about any applications especially made in late November/ December 2012 and Jan 2013...........

About current processing timings with respect to the above meninoted applications.

I hope it will help me and many other silent observers.......

Thanks

olazh

Post by olazh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 pm

shairee_mashriq wrote:
olazh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

There was no requirement until 5th Jan 2013... to attach any Life in U.K test for applying settelment through protection route... Precisely people who were granted 5 year limited leave under Refugee or Humantarian Protection.........

The only time you will Life in U.K or ESOL will be when applying your nuetralization as a British Citizenship....

I hope it answers your question, the application form for this catogery also doesn't requires it. Therefore I am confident to say there is no such requirement to date.
But end of the day I am not qualified please feel free to check with any qualified immigration lawyer by all means.

Thanks.
Thanks for your help

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re ilr processing time

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Olazh and shir_e_mashriq Wel Come to immigration board. We are all passenger of the same boat but unseen each other anywhy I am not legal expert but honesty i will do my best for each member of the board and think same thing and whises from the boards member our immigration ctg is very complicated caz in my opinian 50/50 i mean good and bad for example Good thing set p is fee free application, and don`t need life in the uk test or citizenship test, and bank statement or payslip any tex or insurance contrebusation this is good thing but the bad thing is that set p is not allowed to do the same day oppinment, that is why you must wait untill the home office approve it take more then 6 month if you give few hundered pounds to home office other ctg then your application will decided in the same day but other waitting long time i will be updated if I am lucky and received my ILR next week
ok thank you for couments
Best whises
babe khyber

shairee_mashriq

Application for Set (Protection Route)

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:38 am

Thanks for your kind words Babe_khyber......

Please if there any silent observers... Please join the club........ and start communicating with us........

olazh

Post by olazh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 am

Does anybody know if the changes 13 Dec 2012 affected SET Protection route applicants?

And now many days are we allowed to be out of UK in 5 years?

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:39 pm

I had difficulty registering to this website, It took me couple of day before I found out that the entry for signature should have been filled, so anyone seeing this, please make sure you write something in the gap for signature..

olazh

Post by olazh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:50 pm

now many days are we allowed to be out of UK in 5 years to apply for ILR by SET P form?

shairee_mashriq

set protection route application

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:40 pm

olazh
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 am Post subject:
Does anybody know if the changes 13 Dec 2012 affected SET Protection route applicants?

And now many days are we allowed to be out of UK in 5 years?

1 . First of all I don't think there are any changes announced with respect to set protection route applicatns on 13th Dec 2012. As far as my best knowledge is concerned.

2. The second part of your question what I have understood is ... " How many days are allowed for a refugee stay outside of U.K in 5 Years?"
If this is what you meant. Then my understanding from the form is, each time they have asked you how many days you been outside of U.K. At the same box, they have also asked you what was the reason of your visit and was it to a country you sought protection from ?"

So my understaning is as long as your outside visites from U.K have reasonable justficiation . As for holidays, family visits , business visits, employment reasons they don't mind ...... As long as number of visits are not alarming any bell about your intention of visits and your permenet residence is based in U.K.

The officer need to be satisfied that your visits were geniune and reasonable. Please correct me if you find any information which diffiers from my point of view.

As I have said so many times earlier I am not Qualified in U.K Immigration Law. Any opionion I have stated is based on my littel understanding. Please always check with a qualified immigration lawyer before taking any step.

mshasan24

Doodo

Post by mshasan24 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 am

Doodo did you say that you have applied back july last year and you did not get any response yet, then why don't you call the immigration line and ask them to provide the update of your application because you have passed their specified time line.

I am still in confusion to understand how the UKBA Liverpool pc WORKING for the cases, I am still waiting a decision as I stated before I did apply on 24 August 2012, received biometric 18 October, enrolled my biometric on 24th October and since that I did not hear any thing though I have sent a letter to the UKBA.

I will update you if i get any thing, please keep updating because as long as we aware of each other as it will help the moral of every one.

I hope every one of us will receive a positive decision.

Peterpan81

Helooo

Post by Peterpan81 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Guys,

I have been following your threads and responses for a long time.
I have applied recently for ILR (SET P)
application submitted : 20/12/2012
Application Recieved : 21/12/2012

I know it is a lengthy and daunting process, but one has to be patient
I guess the good news is the majority of people in this forum got their ILR at the end.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

shairee_mashriq

Application Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 am

Peterpan81
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am Post subject: Helooo
Hi Guys,

I have been following your threads and responses for a long time.
I have applied recently for ILR (SET P)
application submitted : 20/12/2012
Application Recieved : 21/12/2012

I know it is a lengthy and daunting process, but one has to be patient
I guess the good news is the majority of people in this forum got their ILR at the end.

Wellcome .... Peterpan81
Thanks for stating your time frames ...... Just to let you know
I posted in the first week of Jan and received by them the next working day.
I will keep you update with any progress but at the same time i will like to request you to keep updating us with any progress so that it will help us to understand the time lines invlove now days.
Thanks for taking your time to join this thread.

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 pm

olazh wrote:Hi

No you don't have to send life in the uk test off for ILR BECAUSE they didn't ask for that. I didn't send mine. U only send that when u apply for citizenship :)
Good luck

doodoo2012

Re: Doodo

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

mshasan24 wrote:Doodo did you say that you have applied back july last year and you did not get any response yet, then why don't you call the immigration line and ask them to provide the update of your application because you have passed their specified time line.

I am still in confusion to understand how the UKBA Liverpool pc WORKING for the cases, I am still waiting a decision as I stated before I did apply on 24 August 2012, received biometric 18 October, enrolled my biometric on 24th October and since that I did not hear any thing though I have sent a letter to the UKBA.

I will update you if i get any thing, please keep updating because as long as we aware of each other as it will help the moral of every one.

I hope every one of us will receive a positive decision.

I called them today and they told me all they can see on the system is "processing application" and nothing else !! they told me I need to wait.

I don't know what to do and why is it delayed? could it be for the fact I have dependant (wife) which I did not have on original application ?

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 am

hi guys. I think the delays due to Christmas, though a bit worried. In 1 week time it is gonna be 3 months passed from my biometrics. I am chasing the postman everyday.

Doodoo I also have a dependent whom I have not included in my original app. It might be one of the reasons for our case to take longer, maybe. :?

Newly Registered

Post by 407004 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am

Hello guys
This thread is not only very informative but it also keep me posted a little bit on how many other people are also eagerly waiting for their ilr
I submitted my application on the 26th of September (leave was expiring around the end of October 2012 , got biometrics done on 7th of November and haven't heard from them since then . Just bearly bearing with the patience , but hopefully sun will shine soon . It's for me and my family though I hope they don't take that long . I wanted to ask one very important question related to a recent post within the thread about not getting your travel document back ? Because I spoke to one of the UKBA colleague recently and they said you should get your travel document back with ilr on it , unless the "travel document is expired" , and I also told them that the llr is expiring which is the reason I am applying for ilr , they still Said you'll be getting your travel document back , is it true that I will be ?anyone with such issue solved please let me know as it would be very kind of you , as I really don't want to apply for travel document again .

Wanted to also congratulate on everyone who got their ilr :) .
I hope I hear a response from them soon , I also had a solicitor who handled the application and like biometrics letters everything will get posted to him I guess :/ . Oh well , I keep praying
Peace all

mirna

Post by mirna » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 am

hi guys! I am still reading ur post to see the prossess of unseen friends specialy , dodo2012, mshassan ,babe kyber and the others you will all get ur Ilr soon nothing to worry about you will get soon the waiting time is long and frustrating i understand but at the end everyone got the ilr. Just be patient and it ll come. dodo2012 i dont think the delay is because of ur dependant. 407004 they will send you back the expired travel document together with the ilr approval letter and any original document you have send with your application.you will have to apply for a new one i mean the convention travel document. Correct me if i am wrong. Hope that will help. Gd luck

Newly Registered

Post by 407004 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm

mirna wrote:hi guys! I am still reading ur post to see the prossess of unseen friends specialy , dodo2012, mshassan ,babe kyber and the others you will all get ur Ilr soon nothing to worry about you will get soon the waiting time is long and frustrating i understand but at the end everyone got the ilr. Just be patient and it ll come. dodo2012 i dont think the delay is because of ur dependant. 407004 they will send you back the expired travel document together with the ilr approval letter and any original document you have send with your application.you will have to apply for a new one i mean the convention travel document. Correct me if i am wrong. Hope that will help. Gd luck
Thankou for your response mirna
i cant believe i'll have to apply for a new travel document , its another 2 months after ilr wait. because usually they just put it in your existing passport/travel document dont they?

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:55 pm

If you were issued with a different residency permit not in the form of LLR as a Refugee, then you would get the new extension on your passport; however recently this has also changed after the Home Office moved using the BRP cards, so in short all Residents in the UK will have a BRP card rather than a sticker on the passport.

Hope this helps.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

mirna

Post by mirna » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:06 pm

407004, yes i understand is another waiting again but u know 2month is ok ithink becoz my aunty with limited leave to remain is waiting for 9month now and a friend is waiting for 6 month no reply

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re ilr processing time august application

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Thank`s Mirna I am still waiting nothing heard anything from home office this is my 21 week since i sabmited my application and 9 week after biometrics enrolment I don`t know when is ending my long waiting.
Best of luck for who are waiting for decision hopefully we will soon getting
babe khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm

I made a mess with the biometric and I think this could be another reason. Although I did not miss my dead line, but I did my biometric and my wife's biometric did not come so I rang them and they sent after 4 weeks another invitation for her. After she did her biometric by one week we both received another invitation so I decided not to call again and just re do biometric again.

if we work it from the last biometric, it has been 8 weeks.

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Is this the most time taking application to process in the world?? just saying :lol: