ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

timbob

Tier 2 general extension

Post by timbob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi guys,

I have a PEO appointment coming up for extension of my tier 2 visa. Guidance says one must be applying to continue in same job for same sponsor and salary must be greater than or equal to the last time I applied. All this well and good: my new cos states same job title and description as the one I used the last time (since my duties haven't changed).

However what I'd like to confirm is whether there's need to go to the appointment with payslips for past three years. The guidance doesn't say this.

Also am I right in thinking that I don't need to show maintenance because I currently have leave as a Tier 2 migrant.

The same applies for English language requirement i.e. I don't need to prove this this time around because my current Tier 2 was issued before April 6 2011 and I submitted my degree certificates with that application to satisfy English language requirement.

So it seems I only need to go to the appointment with the following
Passports
Two passport photo
Current BRP
Cover sheet.

Does this sound right? Anyone extended their Tier 2 visa recently?

Thanks

timbob

Post by timbob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Any answers? Anyone?

timbob

Post by timbob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Any answers? Anyone?

anjelala
Newly Registered

Post by anjelala » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi

I renewed my Tier 2 (General) in March 2012 and I didn't need to prove maintenance because I was already a Tier 2 migrant.

I assume the same is the case for the English language requirement - but cannot confirm as I am from a majority English speaking country so my passport proves it anyway.

I thought the same thing... there are so few documents to send in! But it went OK.

I havn't done an in person appointment for Tier 2, but I'd suggest that if you are going in for the appointment, take EVERYTHING you can. You don't have to show it all to them and you will have it just in case.