ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR without wife and kids due to domestic violence.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukcastle
Newly Registered

Applying ILR without wife and kids due to domestic violence.

Post by ukcastle » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 am

Dear Moderators and everyone here,

I am male having tier-1 visa.My wife disconnected our contact due to domestic violence I don't know where she is living with my children.I have no contact with children too.We have not lodged any divorce case into court and I am in contact with social worker who gives me information about children.
Its time to think for ILR.

I have got a simple caution on criminal offence from police because of violence .
So my question here is does consideration to ILR relate only to a simple caution or domestic violence as well.
I think a simple caution would be counted as a result of domestic violence or both of them counted differently . I don't know how to deal.
Could anyone here previously applied under this circumstances or has information relating to this advise please.
How can I apply without my dependant in this troublesome period.
Heartedly welcome for any suggestion.
UKcasthe

alanwong

Re: Applying ILR without wife and kids due to domestic viole

Post by alanwong » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am

ukcastle wrote:Dear Moderators and everyone here,

I am male having tier-1 visa.My wife disconnected our contact due to domestic violence I don't know where she is living with my children.I have no contact with children too.We have not lodged any divorce case into court and I am in contact with social worker who gives me information about children.
Its time to think for ILR.

I have got a simple caution on criminal offence from police because of violence .
So my question here is does consideration to ILR relate only to a simple caution or domestic violence as well.
I think a simple caution would be counted as a result of domestic violence or both of them counted differently . I don't know how to deal.
Could anyone here previously applied under this circumstances or has information relating to this advise please.
How can I apply without my dependant in this troublesome period.
Heartedly welcome for any suggestion.
UKcasthe
Hi, ukcastle. I have some questions for you.
When was the caution issued to you? If it is two years before your ilr application date, then it will be OK (immigration rule paragraph 322(1C-iv).
Otherwise it will be troublesome.

You can google the internet by "general grounds for refusal", then you will find loads of things.

Best regards
Alan Wong

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Haven't we heard this story before?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... nt+caution

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

True. First dixon, then Sandy and now ukcastle.

ukcastle
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by ukcastle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 am

Dear Alanwong,
Thank you for your information I will go through Google and come back with further information if I get any.

Hi Greenie,

I am in trouble and looking for someone who comforts me not looking for someone who hurts me.I am sure you understand me !!!!!
I know the case is similar but what we should consider is laws and provisions are changing with the time.There I can see talking about the impact of a simple caution but the thread was banned unfortunately.I am here looking for the co-relation of caution and a domestic violence.I am thinking to apply collectively though we are living separately for the sake of all of us.
In another note, it would be far more comforting if I find some one here with the similar case which has been sorting/sorted out than a advise taken with a solicitor.
I have gone through this forum and could not find the case like similar to this though, I know there should be so many because we are living here in different culture.
If we find anyone who could give a static answer the charming of this board would be more better.

Gagan 1986,
Yes, of course there would be many people discussing here with the similar problem but from a different angle.So any prejudice in helping out people ,I think would be a limitation of this forum.I personally request you not to harm ones self esteem ,you could keep quite if your service is such valuable cant offer to anyone and please let them other fellows to advice please.
My question here is what is the co-relation of a simple caution and domestic violence ?
What would happen if I do not apply my kids and wife ,or what procedure should I take to apply alone and collectively.
Please feel free to give your feedback,suggestion,advises.
Also seniors please correct me if I am wrong, every positive debate creates a new things.
I would like to help people here with my knowledge .

Many thanks ,
Ukcastle

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am

My point (which i am sure you realise) is that the posters in the thread i linked to were banned as they were the same person

ukcastle
Newly Registered

Post by ukcastle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Greenie,
Ok they might be same ! or say I agree , here is my question is I am both ,
- Having a simple caution on criminal offence.
-My wife reported that I have abused her in many ways .

So neened someone to help me out.
Ukcastle

splashing

Post by splashing » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Reading this thread and am laughing out loud to myself. Funny thread.
UKcastle, U should have owned up since ages ago and stop this back and forth thread or having to be banned. u need help from pple and u have to play by their rules.
Ok, Moderators and all people please forgive and have mercy. help a brother in need.
Any advise, please give.
Just to say , I don’t know him or have any clue of who he is, but reading this thread, I can see he is in dire need of help and troubled. I do easily have sympathy on pple hence pleading on his behalf
Also, some innocent pple with similar situation will also suffer from his mistake and not get good and free advise.
So pls have mercy and pardon him and advise as possible
Let peace and love reign

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 pm

:lol: would probably suggest seeking legal advice

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm

what an ****. he's been told to seek legal advice a number of times.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 pm

splashing wrote:Reading this thread and am laughing out loud to myself. Funny thread.
UKcastle, U should have owned up since ages ago and stop this back and forth thread or having to be banned. u need help from pple and u have to play by their rules.
Ok, Moderators and all people please forgive and have mercy. help a brother in need.
Any advise, please give.
Just to say , I don’t know him or have any clue of who he is, but reading this thread, I can see he is in dire need of help and troubled. I do easily have sympathy on pple hence pleading on his behalf
Also, some innocent pple with similar situation will also suffer from his mistake and not get good and free advise.
So pls have mercy and pardon him and advise as possible
Let peace and love reign
What about the wife?

He is lucky he only got a caution (means he accepted guilt). TBH people who are violent or abuse others shouldn't be given ILR or Citizenship at all!

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:06 pm

As your wife and children have been housed (I assume) by the authorities due to your violence, you may well be refused ILR. There's no point in you including your family in the application as they aren't living with you and understandably want no contact. They will qualify for ILR in their own right under the Domestic Violence category.
As you've already been told, seek legal advice.