ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Card - Form EU1 / PPS EU member not paying TAX any

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

steffen
Newly Registered

Residency Card - Form EU1 / PPS EU member not paying TAX any

Post by steffen » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:30 am

My wife applied for a Resid.Card Card, Form EU1, she has her stamp 4 Visa expired. I’m German but I’m not paying tax anymore. Does Dept of Justice used to check if the EU member still paying tax? Does she have the right to stay here once we are married even if I’m not paying tax? Does anyone have residency card process denied for this reason?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:56 am

When you first get to an EU country as an EU citizen, you have to establish yourself and exercise a EU treaty right (which can include working or studying or even just living as long as you have enough money and health insurance) within the first 3 months.

Once you are established, you are not required to be constantly exercising a treaty right. And you are not required to be exercising the treaty right for your wife to join you in Ireland.

The relationship with your wife does have to be solid and genuine, and I think the Irish want to see that you have been married for 2 years or will ask for extra supporting documentation.