ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a dependant sponsor parents?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jason32
Member of Standing

Can a dependant sponsor parents?

Post by jason32 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:23 am

Hi guys,

This forum has been a great resource for immigration information and now I am back with a few more questions and hopefully I'll get good replies.

Ok I am on PSW and I have my wife as a dependent, she's a doctor and got a good job at NHS and we want my parents to visit us in UK this year. Can she sponsor my parents?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 pm

You mean sponsor them with financial assistance and accommodation? Yes. Neither you or your partner are settled, and so they must apply as general visitors so the defined family connections of a family visit application are not relevant.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes they'll apply in general visitor category, but can my partner (my dependent) provide a letter from her employer mentioning her salary and then she can attach a letter saying she'll take care of all their traveling and lodging expenses. Will that work?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 am

She does not need a letter from her employer (or need to be in employment). She needs to show six months of bank statements with a historic cashflow that supports the notion that she can afford to cover the expenses of her visitors.