ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO - 17/01/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jsamad

ILR Success at Croydon PEO - 17/01/2013

Post by jsamad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 am

Hi,
I would like to thank everyone on the forum who has been helped in one way or the other.
Below is my Experience
WP+Tier 1 along with 2 dependents
I had 173 days absences in last 5 years, out of which 124 days were unpaid, but they were not in stretch.
Reached Croydon by 10.30 for 11.10 appointment, after security check was asked to pay the fees straight away.
Then had to wait for an hour to be called. Submitted Application form and Passport to CW, they entered all details in there system and was asked to go for Bio Metric, which again took 30mins to be called.
Post biometric was asked to wait, which again took 45mins to be called to submit documents. After submitting the document CW said it would take around 2 hours, so I left the building and went out for lunch, came back after 1.30mins and was told the ILR approved.
CW didn’t ask me for any specific documents, I had created separate folders for Application, Required documents, CO-Hob Document and a Xerox of all submitted. CW was quite keen to know if I had Xerox of all, when I said yes, she was happy.
No questions asked, just dropped all the documents.
Just submitted, 12months Payslips + Bank statement + 5yrs P60+Cohob docs + birth certificate + Marriage Certificate + #Degree Certificate + Work Permit + Previous approved Tier 1 letters
Didn’t submit any Office reference letter or absences explanation.

All the Very best for rest who are going to apply in near future.

Thanks,
Samad

timbob

Post by timbob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi,

Have you received your BRP? I applied at Croydon on the same day as well: 17-01-2013 and haven't received new resident card yet.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

timbob wrote:Hi,

Have you received your BRP? I applied at Croydon on the same day as well: 17-01-2013 and haven't received new resident card yet.

Thanks
I applied on the same date. I called DXSecure yesterday to check & they confirmed that they had attempted to deliver, but were unable to. Apparently they were unable to leave an "unable to deliver card", because they were unable to get to my front door, because of snow on the pavements! This is the first time I've heard that reason, especially as I received other Royal mail items on the same day. I've arranged for them to redeliver tomorrow, and call me if the same happens again.

Anyway, you can check whether they have an item for you by calling DX on 01604496798, *. They'll ask for your postcode, name, address.

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Thank you cs95tdg, I did try calling the number, they mentioned it should have been delivered yesterday, but I didnt get any, they would redeliver it tomorrow. Thanks for giving the DX number.

Cheers

R.M.
Newly Registered

Post by R.M. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
timbob wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I applied on the same date. I called DXSecure yesterday to check & they confirmed that they had attempted to deliver, but were unable to. Apparently they were unable to leave an "unable to deliver card", because they were unable to get to my front door, because of snow on the pavements! This is the first time I've heard that reason, especially as I received other Royal mail items on the same day. I've arranged for them to redeliver tomorrow, and call me if the same happens again.

Anyway, you can check whether they have an item for you by calling DX on 01604496798, *. They'll ask for your postcode, name, address.
I called DX today and they told me similar story, so they are just lying and will now re-deliver (or deliver for the first time).

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm not entirely sure about this, but from what I experienced they didn't leave a card on the first delivery attempt. But I received a letter from them the day after I rescheduled & received my BRP to say that they had an urgent delivery for me, and requested that I contact them. So if I had not made the proactive call to ask whether they had an item for me (3 working days after my appointment), I wouldn't have got my BRP as early as I did.

It appears that they may be resorting to sending a letter before attempting to deliver items first in order to cut costs.

Based on this, I'd urge anyone who goes for a PEO appointment to call DX Secure 2-3 working days after their appointment to check for any items they may have, rather than wait to avoid a possible delay in it being dispatched.

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 pm

I was able to get the BRP for me and my daughter, but there was a different BRP for my Wife and that person didnt bother to ring the doorbell and left the note, I have reschedule it for tomorrow.
Its strange that the DX sent the 2 BRP with 2 different people to deliver for the same address on the same Day. One left note and other deilvered it. Its frustrating when the person comes to door step and leaves without even bothering to check if there is anyone at home.
Wasted my Day waiting for DX person. Need to do again tomorrow :(