ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marco25
Newly Registered

Post by Marco25 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi all, as far as I can see and read here home office does not comply with EU law accordingly, I don't know how they can justify there bulling attitude towards applicant, it came in the news while ago that EU taking uk to Europian court of justice as they not complying with what they agreed and sign for. They causing so much stress and effecting so many indivisualls and familly for there poor service, the EEA application process time should not take more than few weeks, I remember once they put survey on home office for fee of £500 they wanted to offer same day service which was rejected by EU as they said under EU law these application must be free, so the question is here if they can deal with cases in one day how they justify 6 month????

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:50 am

Nothing wrong with my application and the reason for refusal after 11 months is this "Jointly named document dose not specify your definite residence in the United Kingdom" therefore your application for Permanent Residence is refused :lol: what a regime

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Gyz an urgent question,
Is it better to go for oral hearing or do a paper hearing?
which one has a better succes chance?
and do I have to pay for my appeal??????
Plz answer

lucky802
Newly Registered

Post by lucky802 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi all, just wanted to share my application timelines. Applied for PR and retention of rights together:
15.08.2012 - posted
10.10.2012 - COA received
08.01.2013 - PR received.
Thank you to everyone who advised on my case on this forum!

MissS
Newly Registered

Question:

Post by MissS » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello everyone,
First, my background. I am non-EEA, unmarried partner to EEA. Application for permanent RC made 14/12/12, COA received 24/12/12 (dated 17/12/12). I have already made the application, but I am wondering about a few things now. First of all, for the evidence that I, non-EEA, have been residing in UK continuously for the past 5 years. I sent them my old passport which has my 5 year RC attached (the RC expired 18/12/12/), and a covering letter. The covering letter explains that my old passport expired in October 2007 and I have obviously not been able to travel since then, as I could not get a new passport from my embassy til middle of this year. I am now unsure if this is enough evidence that I have been in the UK for the past 5 years? When I sent the application I thought it would be quite obvious that I can't have left the country if my passport is expired, but reading on here some of the reasons the UKBA has given for sending back applications, I am starting to doubt myself. Any insights? Thanks.

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi every
as I got refused for EEA4, now I am going to appeal and there is 5 grounds that I need to choose one of them,
dose any one know on what ground I should appeal?

The five grounds of appeal are as follow:

1-The decision is not in accordance with immigration rules
2-The decision is unlawful because it racially discriminates against you
3-the decision breaches rights which you have as a member of an EEA national's family under Community Treaties relating to entry to or resience in the United Kingdom
4-The discretion under the immigration rules should have been exercised differently.
5-The decision is otherwise not in accordance with the law

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Hi every
as I got refused for EEA4, now I am going to appeal and there is 5 grounds that I need to choose one of them,
dose any one know on what ground I should appeal?

The five grounds of appeal are as follow:

1-The decision is not in accordance with immigration rules
2-The decision is unlawful because it racially discriminates against you
3-the decision breaches rights which you have as a member of an EEA national's family under Community Treaties relating to entry to or resience in the United Kingdom
4-The discretion under the immigration rules should have been exercised differently.
5-The decision is otherwise not in accordance with the law
Hi Aladin, ground 5.
That is what I appealed against.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Marco25
Newly Registered

Eea4

Post by Marco25 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 am

Hi.
Aladin I would suggest to no 3, which is related to EU regulation, you have applied under EU law not under uk immigration law. Your asylum case is under uk immigartaion law but your eea4 application is under EU law.

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks marco yes that is what I meantioned earler to spike , but thanksfully I found a solicitor and she is going to appeal it for me and I had around 6 private consultation with different solictors , after they saw the notice of decision and the Reasons of Refusal the majority of them were shocked and said you have a very strong case dont even try to apply for EEA4 again yet, at the mean time your case is a bit unusual and suspicious.

Bad days brought me up on street, it is almost impossible to let me down!

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 am

I cant understand why there is no comment when it needed but when I comment about UKBA cruelty there is always a following comment onley to derail my comments?!

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. :wink:

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:17 pm

I feel that the potency of this successful thread is being doused by posts that perhaps are better suited to a separate thread.

The primary aim of this thread is to report on the experience of EEA4 processing in a way that encourages readers who may be looking for information, wanting to share successes or ask pertinent questions.

Personal reservations about the UK govt./UKBA and its minions should be discussed separately please as the reading experience here is beginning to look very messy and uninviting.

BTW, any successes of late? Let's keep January's chill out and share some good news!

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 pm

plum u r not telling what u really believe is true. I do understand what this thread is 4 and that is why I am here, to get info and help regarding myEEA4.
But I have just noticed the fact that after I show my interest in the UKBA's brutality and barbarizm mentality I began to lose freinds or better saying began to lose answers and no one answer my urgent and life threatening qustiouns.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds"

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Hey all, it's been a long time since I posted on here. I sent off my EEA4 application the last week in September, and I only recently received the Certificate of Application (dated January 9). Does it normally take them so long to send the COA? I hope it isn't a sign that they are taking a long time to decide applications :(

Marco25
Newly Registered

EEA4

Post by Marco25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi yankeegirl,
In response to your question I have to say that unfortunatly there is no straight forward pattern for uk border agency to deal with applications, I don't understand why should take 6 month or more in first place, I really wants to know what do they check which take so long. My personal opinion is they do it purposely to play with applicant mind. Good luck

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA4

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Marco25 wrote:Hi yankeegirl,
In response to your question I have to say that unfortunatly there is no straight forward pattern for uk border agency to deal with applications, I don't understand why should take 6 month or more in first place, I really wants to know what do they check which take so long. My personal opinion is they do it purposely to play with applicant mind. Good luck
The actual handling of the application probably doesn't take more than 1-2 hours but it's the backlog that causes the delay i.e. more applications than the number of people who could handle them so they just wait in a long queue/pile. With the cuts in the number of HO staff, I don't expect it to get any better.

Marco25
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4

Post by Marco25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

[quote="Jambo"][quote="Marco25"]Hi yankeegirl,
In response to your question I have to say that unfortunatly there is no straight forward pattern for uk border agency to deal with applications, I don't understand why should take 6 month or more in first place, I really wants to know what do they check which take so long. My personal opinion is they do it purposely to play with applicant mind. Good luck[/quote]
The actual handling of the application probably doesn't take more than 1-2 hours but it's the backlog that causes the delay i.e. more applications than the number of people who could handle them so they just wait in a long queue/pile. With the cuts in the number of HO staff, I don't expect it to get any better.[/quote]
Hi jambo,
I have to be disagree with you, I don't think is just case of backlog only, if you read some of review here you will see some people been deal with much faster than the others I think there are few factors like nationality of applicant and so many other thing which I don't really like to open the subject here.

Aladin0987

Post by Aladin0987 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Marco u r right and Jambo is wrong and I assume he knows that he is wrong too! but "God Save the Queen's type of comment" has always ben used by the immoral spirits to find another cowardly safe atmosphere to practise their needs.

It is not a technical issue, it is a barbaric estimate and unlawful psychological files which is forbidden by every international laws but created by the police and MI5 against defenceless harassed individuals, dose not matter how important and power less the individual is but it is logical for a regime with such a bloody history to suspect every single desperate person lol

I may not be able to estimate the exact numbers of european application but I doubt it, it is far more less that u could ever imagine and I am sure we r not in the position of needing to know such a NUMBER as I can give u a brief of my little strange moral story.
I applied for asylum in 2002 and my application is still under consideration and technically is in that mentioned backlog as per Jan 2013 :lol:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"
lol

Tyro

EEA4 Applications: Is PR of EEA national enough

Post by Tyro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello Everyone,
To our delight my wife has just received her PR document after apply for EEA3 in just six weeks. Now I wan to apply for PR using EEA4 form. Do I need to send the supporting documents for my wife that she has been exercising treaty rights, or if I can only send her PR document, along with marriage certificate, address proof and some bank statements.

I can send last five years council tax bills in both our names to show that we have been living together for last five years.

Please help us with your valuable information. What documents I need to provide with my EEA4.

Many Thanks

Marco25
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 Applications: Is PR of EEA national enough

Post by Marco25 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi all,
I have got my PR confirmation today.
Applied in September
Confirmation received in mid October
Pr today 24/01/13.
I just send myself and my wife(French) passport.
Also last 5 years p60 by my wife EU national and tenancy agreement on both name for last 5 years. No more no less I did not send any thing related to my work in uk at all, very light package.
I would advise you not to send irrelevant document, just make it easy for case worker, good luck to every one who is waiting.

renu

Post by renu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Marco25 wrote:Hi all,
I have got my PR confirmation today.
Applied in September
Confirmation received in mid October
Pr today 24/01/13.
I just send myself and my wife(French) passport.
Also last 5 years p60 by my wife EU national and tenancy agreement on both name for last 5 years. No more no less I did not send any thing related to my work in uk at all, very light package.
I would advise you not to send irrelevant document, just make it easy for case worker, good luck to every one who is waiting.
Congratulations.really good news.hope I will get my pr soon as I applied in September as well. Did they put ur pr in ur passports or it is card like the eaa nationals have?

Marco25
Newly Registered

Post by Marco25 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi renu,
Thanks, it's a endorsement in my passport similar to resident card but instead of writing familly member of EU just is written permanent resident card and renew date is in 10 years time plus it's written no restriction for work. And also seprate letter confirming my right.
Good luck.

renu

Post by renu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Marco25 wrote:Hi renu,
Thanks, it's a endorsement in my passport similar to resident card but instead of writing familly member of EU just is written permanent resident card and renew date is in 10 years time plus it's written no restriction for work. And also seprate letter confirming my right.
Good luck.
Thanks,I wonder how my pr will b issued as I have requested my passport back.does anyone know how HO issue pr when the passport is not in HO?

Marco25
Newly Registered

Post by Marco25 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Renu, they endorse it on A4 paper for you.

renu

Post by renu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Marco25 wrote:Renu, they endorse it on A4 paper for you.
Thanks,I hope it will look genuine to show at work place.

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 am

renu wrote:
Marco25 wrote:Renu, they endorse it on A4 paper for you.
Thanks,I hope it will look genuine to show at work place.
I know PR is better than RC but I kind of like RC than that of PR, if you are traveling within Europe with or without your EEA Partner no one will ask you for visa if you have RC but you can be rejected entry with PR.

I got my RC in March 2010 and my PR in April 2012 but I make sure it was on A4 paper instead of my passport because I enjoy using my RC to travel all over Europe without visa.