ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final checks for ILR PEO: Please advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MP1982

Final checks for ILR PEO: Please advice

Post by MP1982 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 am

Hi Gurus, senior members and members,

Just running through my final checks for ILR PEO appointment which is on next week and I would like to run it over with you guys in order to make sure everything is in order and in the correct manner,

Case Back ground

Applying under SET(O) for main applicant plus 2 dependents (Wife living with me for the entire duration of 5 years and UK born Son-applying for his ILR due to travel plans),

HSMP 2 years:
EC stamp date 18 Feb 2008 – 18 Feb 2010. Entered UK for the first time 14th March 2008 (including spouse)

Tier 1 (General Extension): 18 Feb 2010 to 18 Feb 2013 (including spouse),

Applying in person on 28th Jan 2013 (completing 4 years 10months and 15 days in UK) and taking advantage of the rule where one can apply 28 days prior to 5th year anniversary (EC stamp date since arrived in UK within 3 months from EC stamp date)

Less than 100 annual paid leave taken as holidays .Each trip for a maximum for 30 to 35 days (3 trips out of UK during last 5 years),

Documents attached:
• Completed SET (O) form with photographs for main applicant plus 2 dependents
• Passports for all 3 applicants
• 12months salary slips (Single employer)
• 12 months Original bank statements as a proof of Salary
• 5 Year P60s and a single P45 (had a single job change)
• Life in the UK pass notification letters (main applicant + Dependent)
• Original Tier 1 Extension approval and points awarded letter (for main applicant), Spouses extension approval letter and Original HSMP approval letter
• UK born Sons original birth certificate
• Marriage certificate
• Various Cohabitation letters:
o Council Tax statements (joint account)
o Vote Polling cards (for both main applicant and spouse),
o Credit card statement (Dependent),
o HMRC letters (Dependent) Utility,
o mortgage statements and bank Statements (main applicant)

Carrying additional documents if required
• 5 years pay slips
• Letter form current employer mentioning length of employment etc.
• Deed copy of the mortgaged property,

Claiming points for;
• Earnings for 12 months period,
• UK Experience (where 5 point awarded for earnings in UK)
• Claiming points for Bachelor Degree (30 points)., same as the Tier (1) extension and HSMP,
• Claiming points for age at the time when first HSMP was approved (in 2008)

Thank you and look forward for all suggestions and comments,

MP

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 am

Your documents list is fine to me.
How many age points you calimed at initial HSMP and at HSMP Extension?
Be careful I have seen one post in this forum having said that ukba did not award him same age points at his ilr application which he claimed at his initial HSMP EC time

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 am

My situation is very similar to yours. Initial HSMP stamped on 19th Feb 2008 and entered UK on 29th Mar 2008. I am going for ILR on 23rd.

The list of documents you have mentioned looks fine to me. I am also carrying similar documents as you.

All the best. I will post how my application went on wednesday.

Vikram

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

I received maximum 20 points at the initial HSMP approval and recieved maximum 20 points at the Tier (1) General application aswell,

It is very strnage that someone did not get points for age as per his/her age at the time of initial HSMP application as this a clear rule in UKBA,

This is quoting from the very own UKBA guidance;

Quote ---
If the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer,
Composer or Artist, Self-employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has not been
granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points
will be awarded based on the applicant’s age at the date of the application for that first grant of
leave.

--UNQuote

Please see end of page 8 of the following document, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary,

So as per my understanding, in a straightforward scenarios of HSMP + Tier 1 General above rule should apply. Unless there was a chnage in route (Ex: Tier 2 to tier 1).Then in that case age at Tier 1 applies,

Better to keep a printout of this document,

Anyway thank you for your feedback,

MP

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am

Thank you Vikram. All the very best for your appointment and sure it will be fine,

Look forward to hearing from you,

MP

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 am

MP1982 wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

I received maximum 20 points at the initial HSMP approval and recieved maximum 20 points at the Tier (1) General application aswell,

It is very strnage that someone did not get points for age as per his/her age at the time of initial HSMP application as this a clear rule in UKBA,

This is quoting from the very own UKBA guidance;

Quote ---
If the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer,
Composer or Artist, Self-employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has not been
granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points
will be awarded based on the applicant’s age at the date of the application for that first grant of
leave.

--UNQuote

Please see end of page 8 of the following document, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary,

So as per my understanding, in a straightforward scenarios of HSMP + Tier 1 General above rule should apply. Unless there was a chnage in route (Ex: Tier 2 to tier 1).Then in that case age at Tier 1 applies,

Better to keep a printout of this document,

Anyway thank you for your feedback,

MP
Thanks for send me that link. Brother can you send me that document Again through any other way because when I clicked that link, the page of ukba website was opend and there was message "page not found"
So please send me that document by some other means so that I can print that document i.e page 8 of that document please.
Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am

Please see end of page 8 of the following document, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

HI wpilr_nov12,

Any feedback regarding the original qiery (Re: my application and docs),

Appreciate a feedback from you,

MP

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Please see end of page 8 of the following document, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
thanks wpilr_nov12 for your reply and thanks MP1982

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm

MP1982, your document list appears quite comprehensive. If anything you probably have more than you require (E.g. P60s & former Approval letter would probably better placed under the optional list) but otherwise you look good to go.

Regarding the issue raised about incorrect points awarded by some caseworkers (due to inexperience or insufficient knowledge about the rules) for their age; all I can suggest is that, if anyone is worried that this may happen to them, then they should take a copy of the relevant rules to point this out at the time of the appointment (if applying in-person).

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Thank you cs95tdg

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 pm

cs95tdg wrote:MP1982,
Regarding the issue raised about incorrect points awarded by some caseworkers (due to inexperience or insufficient knowledge about the rules) for their age; all I can suggest is that, if anyone is worried that this may happen to them, then they should take a copy of the relevant rules to point this out at the time of the appointment (if applying in-person).
Thanks dear cs95tdg for your suggestion regarding age points and taking print out with application at PEO office.
would you suggest that we should just attach that print out with application at appropriate annexure or should we point out about this rule to the case worker while submitting form?
Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm

IMO, I would not attach the rules to your application or bring it up unless it becomes an issue. I.e. your application is refused due to that reason. Just take a copy of the rules, so that you can argue your case, in the event you need to do so.

You could also take your previous T1G approval letter(s) as optional documents to show if needed, as they would indicate how many points you were awarded for your age at the time of your T1G application.