ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jules68
Newly Registered

Help?

Post by Jules68 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi all,

I am new here, and wanted to ask a question. I recently applied for a residence permit eea4 and it was denied due to lack of paperwork to support the fact that my husband has worked continually for the last 5 years. We have the proper paperwork in hand (p60s for all years), and we are going to appeal the ruling. We will be attending the hearing, as we hope to be able to clear matters up, as we obviously qualify but just didn't send in all the P60s. Does anyone know how long the appeal process takes? Can I leave the country in the meantime (ie holiday)? What paperwork do I have to send in with he appeal...all previous documents (photocopies) plus the missing P60s?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Marco25
Newly Registered

Re: Help?

Post by Marco25 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi,
When did you applied? Did you get confirmation for your application at all? Or did they refuse you straightaway?
They should not refuse you at all as long as you send both passport and relevent document , they should write to you and ask for more supporting document , they are bunch of idiot, I don understand why they do this to people, they should respect the law instead of denying it. But don't worry you will get it, they didn't attend the tribunal because they know they are complitly wrong and they don't have anything to say in front of judge. Good luck

Jules68
Newly Registered

Post by Jules68 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks. They have not been very competent, in my eyes. I recently came back from holiday, and the border guard even said they weren't very competent over there, and rolled his eyes. I applied July 31, 2012. I just received the refusal letter. What makes me angry is that I had to request my passport and my husband's back for a trip at Christmas. I was allowed to ask for mine back, but my husband had to call to request his, as they wouldn't release it to me. I asked her to hold the recorded track and trace envelope that I had sent to them to put my passport in, and my husband would call first thing in the morning to request his, and could she please put the passports together in the envelope? She had mentioned that was a great idea. My husband called first thing in the morning and requested his passport. 6 days later, the envelope arrived...with only my passport! So my husband called again and asked for his passport, and they said they would send it to him immediately. 2 weeks later...still nothing. We had already purchased the plane tickets, and were wondering where the passport was, so we tried to call....and they had shut down the phone service! So, we went on the website and requested it in writing by email.waited. Nothing. 3 weeks later...requested it again. Nothing. It was now mid November, and our trip was mid December. Since there was no phone service to call, we decided that the passport must have been lost in the mail. My husband reported it lost, and we managed to get another just a few days before our overseas trip! So guess what? The second reason they denied is because the passport was reported lost! But if someone would have just sent it the first or second time we called by phone.......grrrrrr.

Marco25
Newly Registered

Jules 68

Post by Marco25 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Jules,
As I mentioned they are not co-operate with applicants they just try to make the people life so misreable, they causing a lot of stress for people. in my opinion they are not human, they have no heart.
Just gind a god solicitor and challenge them you easily win the case you can even ask your solicitor to get compensation, the problem with all applicant is they allow them to do what ever thy like and we all scared because of our immigration situation which is Wrong, just challenge them and push them for compensation.
Good luck

Jules68
Newly Registered

Post by Jules68 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 pm

I would appreciate if anyone out there had an approximate time limit for the appeal process? Thanks.