ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric card does not deliver yet. Please advise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

patt

Biometric card does not deliver yet. Please advise

Post by patt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 am

Hi forum,

I have been waiting for Biometric card for 4 working days. Whereas most ppl in this forum got in in 2-4 working days

I applied ILR at Solihull on 14th jan.

I did ring DX ( 18th jan) to check whether they receive my package from UKBA or not and the answer is "no". DX doesnot receive anything.

I also email BRPdelivery but I got auto email state that they will deal with my query by 5 working days and I don't allow to send anymore email to them.

Anyone who ever had this experience, could you please advise?

Anyone who applied ILR at the Solihull on the same day as me (14th) or later , could you please let me know when did you get it or you are still waiting.

I have to start my new job on Monday. I have only biometric letter and ILR generic letter with me. I have no evidence to provide my new employer regarding my ILR was granted.

PS: Can UKBA turn around and deliver bad news to me?

Many thanks and appreciate all your advise.

Patt

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Biometric card does not deliver yet. Please advise

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am

patt wrote:I have to start my new job on Monday. I have only biometric letter and ILR generic letter with me. I have no evidence to provide my new employer regarding my ILR was granted.
I realise that the letter you received from the UKBA can't be used as proof of your ILR status. But does the letter you received not state "Your application for ILR in the UK has been approved"? If so I highly doubt that the UKBA would change their decision. Its probably just a matter of waiting patiently. 7 working days is what's stated on my approval letter, which I received yesterday.

splashing

Post by splashing » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am

hi Patt,

same here, i applied at soilihull on the 11th (Precesiely last week fri) and as at now , i have not received my BRP card. i thought people said they recieve theirs 3-4 working days.

My hubby has his appointment today at glasgow for tier 1 pbs dependant extension and since there is no BRP card yet, we have to go with the letter and ofcourse the receipt for payment..

I hope they take this from us. Anyone with sinimar experience or u know someone with similar experience pls share.

patt

Post by patt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 am

Hi splashing,

Will keep you post whether my new employer will accept the BRP letter and generic letter.

Hi cs95tdg,

Apart from BRP letter which stated my name. I also got the below letter

The letter that I got is a generic letter.
- didnot have my name / address
- state in BLOD CAPITAL LATTER that this is for information only do not convey as ILR granted.
- have small print stated that your application had been approved.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:15 am

patt wrote:Hi cs95tdg,

Apart from BRP letter which stated my name. I also got the below letter

The letter that I got is a generic letter.
- didnot have my name / address
- state in BLOD CAPITAL LATTER that this is for information only do not convey as ILR granted.
- have small print stated that your application had been approved.
Yes. This is the same standard letter everyone gets. Lets, hope that the severe weather conditions in the next few days, don't affect delivery of BRP's too much. And I hope everything goes well with your new employer next week. I'm not sure whether they would be able to enquire about your immigration status by contacting UKBA directly, as is possible when via the employer helpline for other immigration cases that are pending. But you should at the latest receive your BRP next week.

patt

Post by patt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 am

Hi cs95tdg,

Thank for your quick reply.

Finger cross I will get the card very soon.

Will keep you post if I get the card and what does my new employer say.

rosasse
Newly Registered

Post by rosasse » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Hello - received ILR letter on Jan 10th after seven months, but still no sign of BRP...

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi,

I got approved on 7th Jan from Solihull, got the BRP on 17th.

Most probably DX already received the cards by now, they will not even try to delivery but instead send a letter by royal mail saying that they tried to "deliver" and there as no one available to collect and asking you to fill the form on their website or call their automated phone line to book a redelivery. I guess this is the regular means DX is trying to use to reduce the cost of redeliveries. This is the exact thing that happened to me as well, they had indeed never tried to deliver in the first place which I know.

Based on the date my card was sent, DX probably held the card with them for over a week before it was delivered.

I personally think there is nothing to worry about, you will get the letter soon to schedule redelivery and this letter will be delayed considering the current weather.

Good luck.

patt

Post by patt » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi hsmpaspirant2008,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Hopefully I will get it very soon.

Cheers

Patt

patt

Post by patt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I got reply email from BRPdelivery team.

The email states that case worker will contact me shortly.

I thought my case was finished since 14th jan, do not why case worker need to contact me again.

Anyone have this experience? could you please share, please?

Cheers

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:11 pm

patt wrote:I got reply email from BRPdelivery team.

The email states that case worker will contact me shortly.
You say you got a reply email. Was this in response to an email enquiry you sent them about the delivery of your BRP?

patt

Post by patt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:26 pm

[/quote]You say you got a reply email. Was this in response to an email enquiry you sent them about the delivery of your BRP?[/quote]

yep, I send an email on 17th jan regarding my BRP delivery and BRPdelivery team reply me today.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:22 pm

That's rather strange then, I would have thought that you would have got a response back saying it will be delivered in 7-10 working days & that only 3 days had elapsed at the time you sent that email. But I wouldn't worry. Wait and see what they come back with.

Did the fact that you didn't have the BRP cause you any issues at your new work place? Hopefully not.

patt

Post by patt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi cs95tdg,

New employer tells me that I have to let them know once I get BRP card.

I dont think I will get it by tomorrow. and tomorrow will be 7 working days.