ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

festronaut

This thread if growing

Post by festronaut » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Congratulation Alex on getting your documents.
Olazh. I have replied your email.
Rest of People who are just 'peeking' this thread: Kindly contribute ur experience on this forum. That will be mutually beneficial.

olazh

Post by olazh » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 am

Q 3.6 SET (P) - Have you spent any period outside the UK of 3 months or more since you were granded limited leave to enter or remain as a refugee or on grounds of humanitarian protection?

Does this mean 3 months in one leave or 3 month throu 5 years?

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 am

I am not a legal expert.

But from the question 99% it sounds like in one leave. they would phrase it differently if it meant collectively on more than one leave, if they did that i think it is harsh as you could go to spain for 3 weeks every summer and that means you exceeded your limit by the 5 years.

olazh wrote:Q 3.6 SET (P) - Have you spent any period outside the UK of 3 months or more since you were granded limited leave to enter or remain as a refugee or on grounds of humanitarian protection?

olazh

Post by olazh » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 am

[quote="doodoo2012"]I am not a legal expert.

But from the question 99% it sounds like in one leave. they would phrase it differently if it meant collectively on more than one leave, if they did that i think it is harsh as you could go to spain for 3 weeks every summer and that means you exceeded your limit by the 5 years.

I hope so, cos i spent 136 days out of UK in 5 years, but with a single trip no more then 3 weeks (holiday).

Any good news from anybody????

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm

olazh wrote:Q 3.6 SET (P) - Have you spent any period outside the UK of 3 months or more since you were granded limited leave to enter or remain as a refugee or on grounds of humanitarian protection?

Here the keyword is "any period". This means 3 months in one leave.

mshasan24

Doodo

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Doodo I will advise you to write to them directly by letter or contact your local MP to write on your behalf because apparently the call centre people does not have the privilege to provide the entail information about the process of the application, those who can provide are the case workers, I will advise you to write to the CASE WORKERS at their liverpool address

my experience I have sent them a letter through my solicitor before the Christmas and they have responded to me today, they have stated the letter that I can only contact them after the six months allocated time.

I hope good luck for every one

doodoo2012

Re: Doodo

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 am

I don't know what to do to be honest. The process got delayed by 6 weeks due to moving home etc so I would say it has been 5 months now. Anyway usually people getting ilr in less than 6 months.

Could you please drop me the full address where you sent your letter?

mshasan24 wrote:Doodo I will advise you to write to them directly by letter or contact your local MP to write on your behalf because apparently the call centre people does not have the privilege to provide the entail information about the process of the application, those who can provide are the case workers, I will advise you to write to the CASE WORKERS at their liverpool address

my experience I have sent them a letter through my solicitor before the Christmas and they have responded to me today, they have stated the letter that I can only contact them after the six months allocated time.

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:I don't know what to do to be honest. The process got delayed by 6 weeks due to moving home etc so I would say it has been 5 months now. Anyway usually people getting ilr in less than 6 months.

mshasan24 wrote:Doodo I will advise you to write to them directly by letter or contact your local MP to write on your behalf because apparently the call centre people does not have the privilege to provide the entail information about the process of the application, those who can provide are the case workers, I will advise you to write to the CASE WORKERS at their liverpool address

Doodoo. Be patient. If I were you, I would give 3 more weeks to accommodate the anomaly and then contact the MP.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Alright ... Are the MPs helpful though? I have never used them

festronaut wrote:
doodoo2012 wrote:I don't know what to do to be honest. The
process got delayed by 6 weeks due to moving home etc so I would say it has been 5 months now. Anyway usually people getting ilr in less than 6 months.

Doodoo. Be patient. If I were you, I would give 3 more weeks to accommodate the anomaly and then contact the MP.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

MPs are really helpful in the sense of they will send a letter of enquiry to your case worker in the Home office and get a response; then they will write to you with that response.

I used them at times during my initial application for asylum and they were useful.

Go to google and (Find my MP), explain your case and your frustration in a nice worded letter, and hopefully that will give you some reponse to where you stand in your timeline.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 am

I got helped from the MPs in the past. Democracy here is good. :)

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Thank you guys.

FYI not to hijack the thread. there is no democracy in any country in the world and I mean it

festronaut wrote:I got helped from the MPs in the past. Democracy here is good. :)

mshasan24

Doodo

Post by mshasan24 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:30 am

Doodo

I will not advise you to delay your inquiry to the UKBA because their is no reason you should delay it, they have clearly elucidated and stated on their terms this subsection words "All applications will be dealt with in the North West. Current service levels are 95% of applications cleared within 6 months, although the UKBA will strive to conclude applications earlier.". they have used this words "UKBA WILL STRIVE TO CONCLUDE APPLICATIONS EARLIER which means earlier than six months for my understanding"

bylaw you have every right to contact them by every means and find out the course of action about your case, they did not put their contact details on the form that you have filled without a reason, "here we go" I will advise you two ways you can communicate to the UKBA, I have understand from your case that you did not use a legal body who have helped your case in the first place, in prior to that you can communicate the UKBA for two different ways and I will list it for you:

1. to write your MP electronically (Online) and request him/her to contact your case-worker on your behalf this is the way you can do electronically which I have done in the past by browsing this website http://www.writetothem.com

when you access the website you will find out a a search dialog box, put their on your UK postal code to search and find your Local MP and click go, then the browser will automatically display the name of your mp, click the MP's name and you will get a very simple form which you have to complete, on the body of the form you should explain your case to your MP concretely and tangibly and finally fill the other details and send it, that is how simple its, within a days you will receive a letter from your MP explaining that they have received your inquiry and they will deal it.

Ideally this is the easiest way you can get wind of the process for your case, because the case workers will respect your MP rather than you write to them directly.

2. the second option is you directly contacting by using normal postal letter to this below address

SET (Protection Route) Applications.
Dept 21. PO BOX 306.
Liverpool.
L2 0QN

finally you have already waiting their specified time, so I think this is the right time you may find the essence of your case, their is English wisdom which says “Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one” so hopefully you will find out why it took them longer than the allocated duration.

Let me clearly specify this; I am not a legal expert but if I were you I would have contact them, as the normal sense is indicating that, I hope every one of us for the best outcome and hopefully insha allah we will get our ILR very soon, let me also again congratulate every one of you who have received their ILR, and for the best luck for the new folks

shairee_mashriq

set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi to all members

Just went to see an immigration reputed solicitor in westmidlands. Spoke to him about the time line with respect to the set protection route applications.

All he said was what we know that they claim 6 months is the waiting time but it should get resolved in less then 4 months. As a General rule but in some cases it will take the full time of 6 months.

He also said something which most of us or probably just me had forgetton completely. Which is they are going to review the case once again and going to decided do they really have to grant us ILR, therefore at this time they also take everystep to assess the case in detail. As the current Gov. like to see the immigration figures down by any means.

Therefore drilling the case in detail once again does take time. This is something which I hate about 5 year refugee leave. As people who were not accepted as refugee for what ever reason were granted ILR under legacy. Its completely fine with me, as there were blunders carried out by the border agency and those families have their human rights which makes sense. I Think the decision was right.

But at the same time which i don't understand is granting 5 year limited leave to people where need of protection has been realized. Is something which doesn't make any sense to me personally.

Any opinion in the message is my own opinion and I am not qualified in Immigration law. Therefore its just my right of having and sharing my personnel opinion with board members.

I hope things improve and everybody gets their ILR after 5 years of uncertinity, stress and depression.
As its been biggest barrier for me to carry out my daily life in peace since i was granted this limited leave. Even after demonstrating their is a clear need of protection for me and my family.

olazh

Post by olazh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 pm

What is the quickest timeline for SET (P) form to be approved anybody ever know?

Lets cheer our selfs up)

Newly Registered

courier

Post by 0818688 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi guys, what courier does the HO use in sending ILR and other documents?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: ILR WAITTING AUGUST APPLICATION

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm

0818688 wrote:Hi guys, what courier does the HO use in sending ILR and other documents?

hi 0818688 i have passed the waitting time 5month and week but stiil waitting i don`t know whats happennd in my ilr application i think the home office want to stops naturallastion this year because from october 2013 any one appliying need to show both of certificate ESOL with citizenship B2 and life in the uk test which is very expensive for refugees
best wishese
babe khyber

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Hello everyone, I got a friend who's applying for ILR too, he's got past 6 months now without even receiving the biometric letter, he's had to use a solicitor to chase it up for him, he contacted the home office, the HO replied by saying the application still undecided and needs to wait!!!!! he's in a very bad state of mind because of this...As for me, still nothing, I have past 5 months and 1 week :( :(

mshasan24

Evointheuk

Post by mshasan24 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello Evointheuk

Do you mean your Friend has not get the biometric letters yet even when his application was pending more than 6 months? that is a bit strange, again did you mean he did not still receive the biometric documents for that six months time?

Please share with us that point because its also very important to be aware of, I have never heard some one waiting the BIOMETRIC ENROLLMENT for six months and their application still pending, strange.!!

doodoo2012

Re: Evointheuk

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi mshasan,

are you saying that receiving the biometric indicates something ?

Thank you for the detailed advice above.
mshasan24 wrote:Hello Evointheuk

Do you mean your Friend has not get the biometric letters yet even when his application was pending more than 6 months? that is a bit strange, again did you mean he did not still receive the biometric documents for that six months time?

Please share with us that point because its also very important to be aware of, I have never heard some one waiting the BIOMETRIC ENROLLMENT for six months and their application still pending, strange.!!

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Re: Evointheuk

Post by evointheuk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

mshasan24 wrote:Hello Evointheuk

Do you mean your Friend has not get the biometric letters yet even when his application was pending more than 6 months? that is a bit strange, again did you mean he did not still receive the documents for that six months time?

Yes mshasan, He hasnt received the biometric letter at all, I know he's been extremely unfortunate, It is STRANGE! I will keep you updated about him too.. :cry:

Kokosa
Newly Registered

Set Immigration Route

Post by Kokosa » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:21 am

Hi all, I am new to this forum, but I have sent in my application for ILR through the Set Immigration Route on the 15th of August 2012, got the biometric letters on the 19th of Oct and completed and send them off on the 20th of Oct, I am still waiting for the ILR.I am getting worried now because it has been more then 5 months already.

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 am

Dear Friends

I think you have to tolerate the delay till end of 6 months. We like it or we don't like it, they are not willing to decide applications till they have consumed full expected time of processing.

Once its been six months, my friend all of you need to do is to contact your local MP's to write it to them and chase the matter. In case you don't get anything in the post on the day when its exactly 6 months since you applied. UKBA must had staff cut, so they might have less people working and might be under huge pressure. I am guessing as this Government is making life difficult for everybody except their own.

I will like to cheer myself up if anybody gets the ILR... Please let us know the time line as it will help us to increase our patience.

All I am thinking to kill this time is ..... work hard and do more over time..... But unfortunately because of weather I am stuck at home.

olazh

Post by olazh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 am

babe_khyber wrote:
0818688 wrote:Hi guys, what courier does the HO use in sending ILR and other documents?

hi 0818688 i have passed the waitting time 5month and week but stiil waitting i don`t know whats happennd in my ilr application i think the home office want to stops naturallastion this year because which is very expensive for refugees
best wishese
babe khyber

i think the home office want to stops naturallastion this year because which is very expensive for refugees - where did you find this info? Do yuo know what gonna happend if they will stop naturalization, are we going to apply for BPassp after ILR without naturalization?

Could you please give a link for this info 'from october 2013 any one appliying need to show both of certificate ESOL with citizenship B2 and life in the uk test '

Thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:45 am

olazh wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:

hi 0818688 i have passed the waitting time 5month and week but stiil waitting i don`t know whats happennd in my ilr application i think the home office want to stops naturallastion this year because which is very expensive for refugees
best wishese
babe khyber

i think the home office want to stops naturallastion this year because which is very expensive for refugees - where did you find this info? Do yuo know what gonna happend if they will stop naturalization, are we going to apply for BPassp after ILR without naturalization?

Could you please give a link for this info 'from october 2013 any one appliying need to show both of certificate ESOL with citizenship B2 and life in the uk test '

Thanks
THIS IS LINK OF INFORMATION FOR ESOL AND LIFE IN THE UK TEST FROM OCTOBER 2013
http://www.lstuk.co.uk/course1.php
BEST WISHESE
BABE KHYBER