ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension - Expertise required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Extension - Expertise required

Post by amankahlon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Afternoon guys

I am going to apply for Tier 2 Extension but have got some questions. I was wondering if someone could answer them for me or guide me towards the right direction.

This is my current visa status:

Visa: Tier 2 General
Expires on: 01/04/2013
  • 1. Start Date of CoS: I understand this is the date after the last day of leave given on my current Tier 2 visa. So if my current leave expires on the 01/04/13, the start date will be 02/04/13. Is that correct?

2. End Date of CoS: Is there a maximum period you can allocate to this date? I was going to suggest to my employer to add 3 years to the start date (02/04/13 to 02/04/16). Is this allowed or you only supposed to request 2 years when applying for extensions?

3. Application Date: Is there a set period before which you can’t apply for the extension? I am thinking of asking my employer to assign the CoS next week and apply by end of January as my visa runs out on the 1st of April. Is that acceptable?

4. Passport Change: I had to apply for a new passport due to change of appearance but my employer didn’t notify the UKBA about this. Is this likely to cause an issue?

5. Also, does anyone know whether there is a notes section where, when assigning the CoS, the employer can add a note in about the change of passport number?
Thanks in advance

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Post by amankahlon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Can anyone suggest a reply please?

My employer is going to assign me a CoS tomorrow, so it would be great if someone can guide me.

Thanks

timbob

Post by timbob » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi,

I applied for my Tier 2 extension last week at the Croydon PEO and it was granted. Your scenario is very similar to mine i.e.

My initial Tier 2 visa was due to expire on 01/04/2013
In between 2010 and 2013, I got a new passport (because the old one expired)

Hence the answer to your questions are as follows:

1.) According to UKBA guidance, start date of CoS should be the date after your current grant of leave expires. In my case, my old cos was due to expire on 29-03-2013 so I was expecting the start date of the extension cos to be set to 02-04-2013 but my sponsor decided to set it to 30-03-2013 (which happens to be a Saturday) instead.

2.) Maximum end date of CoS is three years. Mine was set to 30-03-2016 even though I had been on Tier 2 for three years (i.e. since 2010)

3.) According to Tier 2 guidance, you must apply as soon as possible and before your current leave expires. However, the guidance also says that when you apply, the assigned date on your cos must not be more than three months before the date of your application and the application date cannot be earlier than three months before the start date of the Cos. In otherwords, this means, you should apply when you have less than three months remaining on your current leave. Hence your extension cos should , ideally, also be assigned within that last three months.
Therefore, based on the dates in your initial post, you can apply now because you have less than three months on your current visa and your cos is being assigned this week

I went for a same day appointment and was required to produce the following.

Old passport
Current (new) passport
BRP showing Initial Tier 2 leave
2 passport photos

Maintenance and English language requirements were met automatically because I have leave as a Tier 2 migrant and I had submitted my degree certificates when I first applied for Tier 2 in 2010 respectively.

Got my approval letter on the same day and awaiting delivery of new BRP. The BRP containing my initial Tier 2 leave was not returned to me.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck.

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Post by amankahlon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi @timbob

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

I had my CoS assigned yesterday. But I am going to apply online and then send the supporting docs within 15 days of the application.

Thanks again.

fooj
Newly Registered

Post by fooj » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm

amankahlon wrote:Hi @timbob

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

I had my CoS assigned yesterday. But I am going to apply online and then send the supporting docs within 15 days of the application.

Thanks again.
Hi Aman, would you mind sharing with me the supporting documents to submit? I am also extending my tier 2 general.

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Post by amankahlon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi fooj

I completed the application online and since this was a Tier 2 Extension, I only sent the following documents:

1. Passports
2. 2 Photos (one with my full name on the back)
3. BRP
4. Covering Letter (you get that from UKBA when you submit online)

Although I don't need to show maintenance, my employer ticked the maintenance option. With regards to the English, I just stated on my application that evidence was already provided.

That was it.

*Fingers crossed*

Shaylin
Newly Registered

Post by Shaylin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:34 pm

timbob wrote:Hi,

I applied for my Tier 2 extension last week at the Croydon PEO and it was granted. Your scenario is very similar to mine i.e.

My initial Tier 2 visa was due to expire on 01/04/2013
In between 2010 and 2013, I got a new passport (because the old one expired)

Hence the answer to your questions are as follows:

1.) According to UKBA guidance, start date of CoS should be the date after your current grant of leave expires. In my case, my old cos was due to expire on 29-03-2013 so I was expecting the start date of the extension cos to be set to 02-04-2013 but my sponsor decided to set it to 30-03-2013 (which happens to be a Saturday) instead.

2.) Maximum end date of CoS is three years. Mine was set to 30-03-2016 even though I had been on Tier 2 for three years (i.e. since 2010)

3.) According to Tier 2 guidance, you must apply as soon as possible and before your current leave expires. However, the guidance also says that when you apply, the assigned date on your cos must not be more than three months before the date of your application and the application date cannot be earlier than three months before the start date of the Cos. In otherwords, this means, you should apply when you have less than three months remaining on your current leave. Hence your extension cos should , ideally, also be assigned within that last three months.
Therefore, based on the dates in your initial post, you can apply now because you have less than three months on your current visa and your cos is being assigned this week

I went for a same day appointment and was required to produce the following.

Old passport
Current (new) passport
BRP showing Initial Tier 2 leave
2 passport photos

Maintenance and English language requirements were met automatically because I have leave as a Tier 2 migrant and I had submitted my degree certificates when I first applied for Tier 2 in 2010 respectively.

Got my approval letter on the same day and awaiting delivery of new BRP. The BRP containing my initial Tier 2 leave was not returned to me.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck.
Hi Timbob,

Cheers for this. It's very helpful. I have 2 questions....

1. Which for did you use?
2. Did you provide a Point base assessment with your application?

Thanks
Shaylin

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Post by amankahlon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Got my application approved and these are the timescales:

1. Type of application: (Switching / Extending) Extending
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from: NA
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 01/04/2013
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: NA
5. Date application posted: 28/01/2013
6. Date application received at UKBA: NA (Online application)
7. Date payment debited: 29/01/2013
8. Payment mode: Credit Card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: NA (Online)
10. Biometric letter received: 15/02/2013
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 15/02/2013
12. Date of approval: 15/03/2013
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: 15/03/2013
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: 13/03/2013
15. Date BRP received: 15/03/2013

tuanvo1982

Post by tuanvo1982 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Is it OK if we change working time from 37.5h/w to 35h/w and increased the salary when we do extension ? or need any document support?

Thanks