ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on wording a letter

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kikijon1

Post by kikijon1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:http://www.decathlon.com/ is a low cost place to buy winter clothing when you arrive in France, if you are close to one. Simple but cheap.

I would try to make France work for you. Maybe you can settle there and really enjoy it. Or maybe not. But give it a go.

You will need to work in France in order to use EU free movement law to enter the UK. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... -a-worker/

If your wife wants to work, then it is important to get a Residence Card early in case she needs it to prove her right to work.

You can apply for the RC immediately if you have enough cash in the bank to be considered self sufficient. Or you can apply once you get a job.
Thanks again, not sure how much I need to have in bank, I still have savings, but the amounts lost to UKBA in refused visa's, and flights back to Indonesia for me and my kids have really took a chunk out of my bank, so I will do any job even if its washing dishes for now.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 pm

The key think is to keep every single piece of documentation about your work in France. Pay slips, offer letters, contracts, etc...

Working anywhere is fine. Part time work is fine. Some place where you can eat lots of croissant is very fine!

kikijon1

Post by kikijon1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Some place where you can eat lots of croissant is very fine!
I worked in Compiegne about 12 years ago, and loved to visit the bakery.. delicious.

I will be keeping every scrap of paper, at the moment our plan is to only visit the UK, I would prefer we stay elsewhere in Europe until my wife's status is settled.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Update

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm

kikijon1 wrote:Today we went to the French Embassy in Jakarta and picked up my wife's passport, schengen visa included... what a relief ... we ae both so happy, and I want to thank everyone for their advice, I would have given up without some of you guys.

Its a Multi entry 90 day and has the letter C on it .. not sure what it means!

ok so next week we will sort out the flights and will head for Europe, any suggestions for what I should do when I get there? I mean when do we apply family permit/ resident permit or whatever it is we have to do .. will be once again grateful of any advice.
Great. You and your wife should look into the specifics of French law. Some EU countries ask that you both apply for registration documentation within three months of arrival.

BTW - thread is now moved to Europe forum as that is a more appropriate place for it.

kikijon1

Post by kikijon1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 am

We have already started looking into the french laws, and how we need to approach the prefecture or marie depending on where we will live! also how the process might work out. Length of time, problems etc.

At least things are moving along and giving some hope, and they say the amount to live on per week is 1061 euro per month, so not so bad :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 pm

kikijon1 wrote:they say the amount to live on per week is 1061 euro per month, so not so bad :)
What exactly does this mean? Is this the money they will be giving you per month?

kikijon1

Post by kikijon1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
kikijon1 wrote:they say the amount to live on per week is 1061 euro per month, so not so bad :)
What exactly does this mean? Is this the money they will be giving you per month?
No, it is the amount of money I see on a web site that France recommends a couple should have to live on per month, it goes up with the amount of kids, as we have 3 I made it 1061 Euro per month.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/part ... nce&l=N112

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 pm

That is only for
Citoyens européens et suisses en France : séjour de plus de 3 mois d'un inactif
"inactive" or self-sufficient people.

If you are working there is no particular amount of money you need to be making to remain in France.

If you want to enter the UK on the basis of EU law, then in fact you do need to be working in France.

From a personal perspective, 1061 Euro is pretty low for a family of 5 in France. You will be happier and warmer earning a bit more than that.

kikijon1

Post by kikijon1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:That is only for
Citoyens européens et suisses en France : séjour de plus de 3 mois d'un inactif
"inactive" or self-sufficient people.

If you are working there is no particular amount of money you need to be making to remain in France.

If you want to enter the UK on the basis of EU law, then in fact you do need to be working in France.

From a personal perspective, 1061 Euro is pretty low for a family of 5 in France. You will be happier and warmer earning a bit more than that.
Ah I see, obviously we will both be working, I have worked all of my life, even whilst here in Indonesia I work, and although I don't earn as much as I do back home it's better to do something than nothing. well the 1061 per month whilst small is ok for now, I mean if work is not plentiful and I have to set up a company in France and go self employed, taking a payment for myself and wife then this is what I may have to do, I would rather find a job than use more of my savings to meet certain conditions.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:51 pm

I totally understand.

Just to be clear, if you are working or self-employed then the 1060 euros is of zero relevance to you.

1060 euros is only relevant if you are living off your savings and making no attempt to work. ie. you are self sufficient.

kikijon1

Post by kikijon1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi, Just to give an update my family and I are now in France, but we will head down to Holland or Germany. I want to advise anyone taking this route that unless you speak fluent french, and/or have family or friends in France then don't waste your money here! trying to arrange viewing a place to live is hard work .. unless you are fluent in French, and then when you do go see a place, their attitude changes upon meeting and they then send a text, to say that they cannot rent the place now!!!

We went to Adenkerke in Belgium, and the 1st person we met, a really nice guy in the Total garage, advised me to go into the main town and in the apartments there, they have offices, and we should ask about renting a place there! we went and bumped into a guy coming out of the estate agent, who said he had a few places, and we could move in as soon as we wanted, no references, bank details etc needed, just euro's, but first we need to check out jobs at local restaurants first. Hoping all this will be worth it :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm

kikijon1 wrote:We went to Adenkerke in Belgium, and the 1st person we met, a really nice guy in the Total garage, advised me to go into the main town and in the apartments there, they have offices, and we should ask about renting a place there! we went and bumped into a guy coming out of the estate agent, who said he had a few places, and we could move in as soon as we wanted, no references, bank details etc needed, just euro's, but first we need to check out jobs at local restaurants first. Hoping all this will be worth it :)
Good for you!