ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in uk certificate with Name swap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohmedarif
Newly Registered

Life in uk certificate with Name swap

Post by mohmedarif » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello All,

I have passed the life in uk test but my certicate has First Name is swaped with Last Name and last name is swaped with first name.

As I'm a indian national we have surname (last name) is written first followed by the given name (First name ).Hence the confusion .

As per my passport

Surname Name : Mark Anderson
Given Name : Peter wilson

In life in uk Certificate

First Name: Mark Anderson

Last Name : Peter wilson

Could you please let me know , can i use this certificate to show that i'm still qualified with the current certificate.?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by mohmedarif on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Graceofgod

Re: Life in uk certificate with Name swap

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:25 pm

mohmedarif wrote:Hello All,

I have passed the life in uk test but my certicate has First Name is swaped with Last Name and last name is swaped with first name.

As I'm a indian national we have surname (last name) is written first followed by the given name (First name ).Hence the confusion .

As per my passport

It wont be an issue, alot of people have their names muddled up on this.

As long as other details are correct it will be fine.

First Name: Peter wilson

Last Name : Mark Anderson

Could you please let me know , can i use this certificate to show that i'm still qualified with the current certificate.

Regards,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm

I don't see any swap.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mohmedarif
Newly Registered

Post by mohmedarif » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:I don't see any swap.
Thanks for your comments. I have updated my post . Could you please respond.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

name and surname swap is quite common - this is because the LIUK online registration form asks for family name first and then given names.

this should not be an issue at ILR because the the certificate also contains date of birth, place of birth and passport/driving licence number.

also check the FAQfrom LIUK site

mohmedarif
Newly Registered

Post by mohmedarif » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

ban.s wrote:name and surname swap is quite common - this is because the LIUK online registration form asks for family name first and then given names.

this should not be an issue at ILR because the the certificate also contains date of birth, place of birth and passport/driving licence number.

also check the FAQfrom LIUK site
=======================================
Thanks ban.s

The notification letter will be examined and the home office will take a decision .

As per your comment i have visited the life in uk test link the comments are below :-

If the details on the certificate are wrong, you should include a letter with your application for naturalisation as a British citizen or for indefinite leave to remain explaining what the situation is. The Home Office will then make a decision whether or not to accept your certificate.

Appreciate for all your help !!!

Warm Regards,
MA

khubs

Re: Life in uk certificate with Name swap

Post by khubs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi.... I had same issue and I went with my liuk test copy to PEO Solihull and explained this swap to them and there was no problem at all.....
Graceofgod wrote:
mohmedarif wrote:Hello All,

As per my passport

It wont be an issue, alot of people have their names muddled up on this.

As long as other details are correct it will be fine.

First Name: Peter wilson

Last Name : Mark Anderson

Could you please let me know , can i use this certificate to show that i'm still qualified with the current certificate.

Regards,