ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Contradictory Stats from UKBA

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Why are there discrepancies on UKBA's Stats for two different FOI requests with similar questions? Especially for September & October?

the reason could be as simple as that they have started to open up mail or upload them on to their system after they gave the 1st email.

Or someone might have just woken up and might have said "Shit there are far more applications than we have thought"...

Now the problem is: they still don't realize that they have to work harder to bring those numbers down

I don't think (or) I should say that I gave up trying to predict what their working patterns are.. pointless and more stressful... I think I have more chances of winning a lottery than to predict them

Leave them alone and they will send my documents soon... just pray God... I get my ILR within 6 months that means its BINGO!!!!!!!.. If I don't it's going to be still a Bingo with no exclamation mark (excitment)

Saanju

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Can TIER 1 General visa holder apply as Dependant of ILR

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 pm

jai_aus wrote:My question is can my wife and daughter apply as dependants on FLR(m) .

I am about to make an application for my wife and daughter based on my ILR acknowledgement reference letter as our visa expires next month.

Can anyone please help me with this. Because I am not sure if tier 1 general holder can switch in to this category while in the uk.
Yes, they can. Read this post for further details. Also if your child was born in the UK, you can skip her from FLR(M) and apply for MN1 once you get your decision. If this is not the case then you might need to add her as your wife's dependant.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 pm

jai_aus wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 General dependant and have applied for ILR in august based on long term residency and am still waiting...

My question is can my wife and daughter apply as dependants on FLR(m) .

I am about to make an application for my wife and daughter based on my ILR acknowledgement reference letter as our visa expires next month.

Can anyone please help me with this. Because I am not sure if tier 1 general holder can switch in to this category while in the uk.

Regards,
Jai

Yeah man.. thats the correct procedure..

Your dependents fell under different FLR(M) rules depending on when their 1st dependent application made.. Please see 3.5 in this page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Saanju

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
jai_aus wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 General dependant and have applied for ILR in august based on long term residency and am still waiting...

My question is can my wife and daughter apply as dependants on FLR(m) .

Regards,
Jai
Yes, they can. Read this post for further details

Thanks for the update. My question here is that my wife and daughter are not on TIER 1 Dependant visas. My wife is on TIer 1 General visa and my daughter and me are Dependant on my wife.

Now that I have applied for ILR based on long term residency can they switch as dependants on my ILR.

Regards,
Jai

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm

jai_aus wrote:My question here is that my wife and daughter are not on TIER 1 Dependant visas. My wife is on TIer 1 General visa and my daughter and me are Dependant on my wife.
Yes, they can but they'd fall under new rules (Post 9 July). However, my advice is for her to continue on her Tier 1 General as that would be less than 5 years of residence requirement under FLR(M).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
jai_aus wrote:My question here is that my wife and daughter are not on TIER 1 Dependant visas. My wife is on TIer 1 General visa and my daughter and me are Dependant on my wife.
Yes, they can but they'd fall under new rules (Post 9 July). However, my advice is for her to continue on her Tier 1 General as that would be less than 5 years of residence requirement under FLR(M).

Hi Damanisshallo,

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. My wife will not be able to continue as Tier 1 General because she started working part time since last few months and was on maternity before.

Regards,
Jai

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm

jai_aus wrote:Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. My wife will not be able to continue as Tier 1 General because she started working part time since last few months and was on maternity before.
So, unfortunately you have no other option than making a FLR(M) application. BTW where was your child born?
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
jai_aus wrote:Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. My wife will not be able to continue as Tier 1 General because she started working part time since last few months and was on maternity before.
So, unfortunately you have no other option than making a FLR(M) application. BTW where was your child born?
My Daughter was born in UK.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 pm

jai_aus wrote:My Daughter was born in UK.
Skip her from your wife's FLR(M). Once you get your ILR, make MN1 application for your child (Refer to Q29-Q32) saving you some £££'s and also you & your wife (together) need to show just £18600 (which otherwise could have been £22400) income towards the Financial requirement (Refer to this document).
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello everybody,

Could you please guide me, if someone needs to be sent his documents on the basis of long ten years residency and on his passport there is no stamp on his passport when he traveled to Europe for three days as no exit or entry stamp on the passport and he forget the dates of the traveling,
should it mention in the application?
Thanks

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
jai_aus wrote:My Daughter was born in UK.
Skip her from your wife's FLR(M). Once you get your ILR, make MN1 application for your child (Refer to Q29-Q32) saving you some £££'s and also you & your wife (together) need to show just £18600 (which otherwise could have been £22400) income towards the Financial requirement (Refer to this document).
Thanks again Damanisshallo.I will do that...

nats

Re: Section 3C & 3D with Case study

Post by nats » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo, what I understand is my status is still student until my ilr been decided. When employer will enquire from ukba through this procedure, ukba will answer same that i cant work full time? My college got closed after few months of admission n i could not complete. My 10 year were complete so did not pay huge fee to new college again. Giving admision n closing colleges after some time is just ukba way to make money. I m still waiting and hoping best.. seems at the moment there Is no solution except wait :(
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:I have applied my ILR in July based on 10 year long residency. I was on student visa (expiry in August 2012) with restricted work 20 hours a week, I gone through so many interviews as I was expecting my ILR in December or hopefully in January. Finally I got a job offer which require 37.5 working hours. and they asked for my documents. I have already delayed them for 2 weeks but I cant hold them for long. I need to respond them by this weekend. I am really worried about this job.My college has been closed and I have nothing to study. Still I cant work for more than 20 hours?? I called HO so many times about my application progress but the answer is same "I have to wait, its under process". They dont care about anyone's life or career. Can anyone help me out or guide me. Is there any way that I can join that job. I can show them my passport, my ILR acknowledgement letter or Biometric invitation letter. Should I tell them that I have applied ILR and its already 6 months? or Should I call HO and tell them that I got full time job offer and my college is closed(UKBA should be already aware as college is out of their list) and I have no classes to attend? Please help me some way out.
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.

Also, somehow if you can manage to prove that you've completed your studies, you should be able to work full time.

Read this story

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

HO asked sign section 10 bio metrics

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi everyone

My Solicitor told me they received letter that your client need to sign section 10 biometric , might be my solicitor forgot sign from me. I applied in Oct and biometrics been done in December waiting for final decision. Any body have any experience like this, what you thing they will ask me again bio metric , when somebody miss sign section 10, Most cases HO return application, but in my case they request bio metric first and been done too, now this letter arrive.

Your view and comment in my case will be great.

Regards

Amjad leeds

farhad34
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by farhad34 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi
I applied on january2012 for t4 extension but it went on appeal ,I won the appeal but was still waiting for the visa and I completed my 10 years so I applied for ILR based on long residence on 7 dec 2012 ,money deducted on 13 dec but i havnt received the acknoweledgement letter yet so I have asked my solicitor to write to home office.
I was just wondering how is it going with the dec2012 applicants.your comments plz. cheers
Last edited by farhad34 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graceofgod

Re: HO asked sign section 10 bio metrics

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

My Solicitor told me they received letter that your client need to sign section 10 biometric , might be my solicitor forgot sign from me. I applied in Oct and biometrics been done in December waiting for final decision. Any body have any experience like this, what you thing they will ask me again bio metric , when somebody miss sign section 10, Most cases HO return application, but in my case they request bio metric first and been done too, now this letter arrive.

Your view and comment in my case will be great.

Regards

Amjad leeds
In your case you do not need to worry as HO did not return your application as being invalid. As section 10 is mandatory section ,HO probably can not proceed your application further without your declaration section thats why you have been asked to sign the sheet and send it.

kebl303

Re: Contradictory Stats from UKBA

Post by kebl303 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

[quote="Damanisshallo"][b]Why are there discrepancies on UKBA's Stats for two different FOI requests with similar questions? Especially for September & October?[/b]
[/quote]

I think the figures are wrong, full stop. The Sep and Oct numbers don't follow any logical reason or pattern.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am

Which email address shall we use to send a query to UKBA about spouse/partner visa?

Reagds

smshad

Post by smshad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am

Hi,
I contacted UKBA Immigration Advisory team on 0870 606 7766 for some FLR(M) query and I asked them if they have an email address where I could send the queries. They told me immigration enquiry bureau does not have email address and you need to call this number.
stoorrey wrote:Which email address shall we use to send a query to UKBA about spouse/partner visa?

Reagds

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 am

smshad wrote:Hi,
I contacted UKBA Immigration Advisory team on 0870 606 7766 for some FLR(M) query and I asked them if they have an email address where I could send the queries. They told me immigration enquiry bureau does not have email address and you need to call this number.
stoorrey wrote:Which email address shall we use to send a query to UKBA about spouse/partner visa?

Reagds
Thanks Shad
But what email address people usually send their general enquires then?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 am

stoorrey wrote:what email address people usually send their general enquires then?
Try public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Skydrives, Templates

zhenyu0807
Newly Registered

Re: Received my ILar

Post by zhenyu0807 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 am

Ritzchan wrote:Hi All

Just to let you know I have received my Passport BRP to be received in 7 days....

Application sent 7/8/2012
BRP invitation received 1/12/2012
Passport received 19/1/2013
BRP yet to receive
Just want to quickly ask you a question if it's alright? We applied at the same sort of time-ish, is your application a straight forward case? If you don't mind, can you let me know what have you done in the last 10 years, i.e. student, work, psw?

nadeem toheed

Re: ilr

Post by nadeem toheed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 am

farhad34 wrote:Hi
I applied on january2012 for t4 extension but it went on appeal ,I won the appeal but was still waiting for the visa and I completed my 10 years so I applied for ILR based on long residence on 7 dec 2012 ,money deducted on 13 dec but i havnt received the acknoweledgement letter yet so I have asked my solicitor to write to home office.
I was just wondering how is it going with the dec2012 applicants.your comments plz. cheers
Farhad, you don't need to be worry as ukba already taken your fee so in a few cases acknowledgement letter comes after a month or so,
so shouldn't be worry
every thing happens for good

rohitchy
Newly Registered

Re: contacting MP

Post by rohitchy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
rohitchy wrote:Hi

Please someone help with writting letter/email to local MP- what and how to write. I am not sure what should I write to my MP to contact HO on my behalf. Can someone please send a draft letter which was sent to MP.

Many thanks.
Use this link to search for your MP and draft your request. Its a usual email explaining the situation and state that you've now crossed the standard waiting time. Every individual is different and have different history. So, I wonder if a generic template would serve.
Thanks Damanisshallo for your kind help.

Just to update this forum,
One of my friend applied at 26 June 2012 and received his passport today. I applied 1 week (20th June) before him but nothing yet !

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Quick Question

Does anyone know how long it will be before they (UKBA) send an acknowledgement letter after the application reached them

thanks Saanju

Ged

Post by Ged » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

saanju9 wrote:Quick Question

Does anyone know how long it will be before they (UKBA) send an acknowledgement letter after the application reached them

thanks Saanju
If you are able to look at the skydrive file you will have a good idea about it;

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... &app=Excel

It generally happens in a few days, and sometimes just does not happen at all.