ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 PCNs in last 12 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wininuru
Newly Registered

3 PCNs in last 12 months

Post by Wininuru » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 am

Hi everyone, I'm due to apply for naturalisation on 01/02/2013. I have 3 fully paid PCNs which I unfortunately got between Nov 12 and Dec 12. I am aware that I should declare more than one in the last 12 months in my application. My question is, should I risk sending off my AN form now or play it safe and wait till Jan 14.

I have no other offences whatsoever.

Kindly advice.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 am

Hi

PCNS doesn't really counts. You dont have no more than 1 FPN in the last 12 months before applying for your BC that's all I know to the best of my knowledge.

Mate lets face it if you live in London you get on PCN almost every next month.

Good luck for your BC.

Wininuru
Newly Registered

Post by Wininuru » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 am

Hi Smam

Thanks for your valued input. I read the new good character rules which are now in use and it says it PCNs shouldn't really matter unless an applicant has a 'numerous' number. So not sure what the magic number is.

Thanks again for your reply.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Smam wrote: PCNS doesn't really counts. You dont have no more than 1 FPN in the last 12 months before applying for your BC that's all I know to the best of my knowledge.
excerpts from Chapter 18: Naturalisation at discretion - Annex D
Fixed Penalty Notices
3.5.2 A fixed penalty notice (FPN), penalty charge notice (PCN) or penalty notices for disorder (PND) are a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court. Receiving one does not form part of a person‟s criminal record as there is no admission of guilt.
3.5.3 In determining whether an applicant meets the "good character" requirement, caseworkers should not normally take into account fixed penalty notices, unless the applicant has received numerous fixed penalty notices in the last 12 months, and this would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character.

So more than 1 in the 12 months period leave bit too much on caseworkers discretion.
Smam wrote: Mate lets face it if you live in London you get on PCN almost every next month.
Just follow the parking rules and you won't receive any PCN.

anm2013
Newly Registered

Post by anm2013 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

It says "Fixed Penalty Notice" not PCN. Numerous PCN shouldn't matter then.

anm2013
Newly Registered

Post by anm2013 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Can a senior member clarify this please,
Would 3 PCN affect the application.
Thanks

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 am

In short the answer is No. 3 PCN's would not affect the application.

The extract ban.s added refers to FPN's as per the below underlined
ban.s wrote:excerpts from Chapter 18: Naturalisation at discretion - Annex D
Fixed Penalty Notices
3.5.2 A fixed penalty notice (FPN), penalty charge notice (PCN) or penalty notices for disorder (PND) are a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court. Receiving one does not form part of a person‟s criminal record as there is no admission of guilt.
3.5.3 In determining whether an applicant meets the "good character" requirement, caseworkers should not normally take into account fixed penalty notices, unless the applicant has received numerous fixed penalty notices in the last 12 months, and this would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character.
For further reassurance, please see below extract from a previous thread:
"No. Unlike FPNs, PCNs are harmless and irrelevant for naturalisations. A PCN doesn't result in a criminal record or points on your licence. It is of no interest/concern for the HO. If unpaid, though, a PCN will become a civil debt (for comparison: nonpayment of a FPN can lead to criminal prosecution).
Pay it, and forget it.
"

And also "Driving in a bus lane in Oxford is considered PCN and as such doesn't need to be declared." from another thread
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

anm2013
Newly Registered

Post by anm2013 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks a lot.

Wininuru
Newly Registered

Post by Wininuru » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 am

Thank you for all your replies.