ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS in Belfast????

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

destiniation_london

NCS in Belfast????

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:38 am

I am due to apply for naturalisation. I want to apply through Nationality checking service but unfortunately I think it's still not available in Northern Ireland (Belfast) yet.

So, does that mean to apply through NCS I've to go to mainland to apply, if so then does that mean I have to go again for citizenship ceremony or does it happen in Belfast council?

Does any one knows any council any where in England/Scotland/Wales which accepts applications on weekends, it's just too difficult for me to get there during the week.

PS - I want to retain my passport with me hence wanted to apply through NCS.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 am

If your main concern is retaining your passport, it would probably be cheaper just to get certified copies of the passport. Normally this can be done for a fiver.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Jambo wrote:If your main concern is retaining your passport, it would probably be cheaper just to get certified copies of the passport. Normally this can be done for a fiver.
Thanks jambo, but is that acceptable for application by post.

Would post-office certification do or do I need to grab any solicitor?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Individual applications wrote:You may apply directly without using the nationality checking service or a representative. You must submit either original documents, or a fully certified photocopy of your documents.
Not sure if PO would be accepted or not. I know solicitors are.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 pm

hi there I had exactly the same issue when i was applying for naturalisation. Unfortunately there is no NCS in Belfast and I actually travelled to London and used the Hammersmith and Fulham(which is the cheapest and lets you search available dates in an online system and book it online) It was a hassle but to me well worth it as I was travelling just after 15 days of submitting application. They were very professional and I highly recommend using a NCS as sending original docs by post kind of scares me always!