ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

End of an immigration journey-----received the red book!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dr_raihan29

End of an immigration journey-----received the red book!

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi there very happy to have received my British par passport this PM only after 2 working days following interview and well within 10 days following application. IPS sure has a fantastic customer service compared to the UKBA who is totally random and non-transperant about the way they process naturalization applications without a tracking system(for so much money!)

so the timeline stands..............march 2005 landed in uk plab visa----nov 2005------PFT......oct 2006 HSMP......oct 2008...Teir 1 extension(JR).....oct 2011 ILR..........18th OCT 2012 applied naturalization..........31stDec 2012 granted.......4th jan 2013 citizenship ceremoney......14th jan check and send for passport......18th jan interview.....passport printed on the same day 18th jan 2013......received by courier 23rd Jan2013..........whew!! feels luke an Odyssey through the complicated and convulated immigration system which has often been quite unfair in changing their rules/goalposts..........but Made it finally! thanks to everyone in this forum
take care
raihan

BigSam

Re: End of an immigration journey-----received the red book!

Post by BigSam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Many congratulations Raihan... You have really reached the end of the journey when you attended your ceremony and had your certificate. The passport is marely a travel document!!

Me and many others are still waiting... The weather and snow aren't helping with the post either. I sent an invoice to a colleague yesterday by Special Delivery which was "guaranteed" by 1:00pm today but it has hasn't been delivered yet...

Anyway, Congratulations again.. Enjoy :wink:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 pm

thanks! I am sure there is good news on the way for you..........i hv a hunch its gonna be by friday :) all the best

destiniation_london

Re: End of an immigration journey-----received the red book!

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

dr_raihan29 wrote:Hi there very happy to have received my British par passport this PM only after 2 working days following interview and well within 10 days following application. IPS sure has a fantastic customer service compared to the UKBA who is totally random and non-transperant about the way they process naturalization applications without a tracking system(for so much money!)

so the timeline stands..............march 2005 landed in uk plab visa----nov 2005------PFT......oct 2006 HSMP......oct 2008...Teir 1 extension(JR).....oct 2011 ILR..........18th OCT 2012 applied naturalization..........31stDec 2012 granted.......4th jan 2013 citizenship ceremoney......14th jan check and send for passport......18th jan interview.....passport printed on the same day 18th jan 2013......received by courier 23rd Jan2013..........whew!! feels luke an Odyssey through the complicated and convulated immigration system which has often been quite unfair in changing their rules/goalposts..........but Made it finally! thanks to everyone in this forum
take care
raihan
Many congratulations buddy, I'm on my last leg of journey...applying for naturalisation, hopefully it goes all ok, - lets see

One question - I live in Belfast and from your previous posts I gather you too are living in NI, do you know if you have to fly to mainland for citizenship ceremony or is it something done by Belfast Council???