ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon ILR success - 23 jan 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsmp_1476

Croydon ILR success - 23 jan 2013

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks to all the members here, I got my + 2 dependents ILR approved today. Mine was a straight forward case - came on HSMP in Mar 2008 and had one extension and then went for ILR. Am working as parm, so less documentation and total absence was 90 days for the entire 5 years (well 4 years and 10 months).

Most ppl have written about thte documentation needed, so I wont repeat that. Some of my other experiences here:

- I attended with my 1.5 year old baby and she totally refused to get photographed for biometrics. We ended up creating a scene there :). The supervisers/managers came afte hearing my baby screem at the top of her voice. Finally one person took the camera out from the stand and took the photo manually while other person verified it!!

- Afte rbiometrics, a case worker called me to a counter and asked me to give all my documents. She didnt ask anything in particular, but just said give all originals + xerox. she then handed it over to another worker, who probably worked on it. She told me to come back in few hours.

- I went out and came back in two hours and my file was done. She said ILR approved and I would get the BRP in few days.

- I then received 9 mails from ukba for the appointment confirmation for the same appointment I had finished attending!! Just ignored those mails.

overall, it was a good experience for me and was less hassel than what i had thought.

Vik

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Congratulations Vik.Enjoy.

Deepa999

Post by Deepa999 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Congratulations Vik,

Deepa