ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Owning a company/business from tier 1 visa to tier 2 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

randomblinks
Newly Registered

Owning a company/business from tier 1 visa to tier 2 visa

Post by randomblinks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi there,

I am currently on a PSW visa which is due to run out soon. I am in full time employment and the company has agreed to sponsor me for a tier 2 visa when my PSW runs out. I am thinking of forming a company/business and put my properties under it for tax purposes. Can I legally form this company/business whilst on tier 1 PSW visa and continue to own it while on my tier 2 visa? Thank you all =]

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Owning a company/business from tier 1 visa to tier 2 vis

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm

randomblinks wrote:Hi there,

I am currently on a PSW visa which is due to run out soon. I am in full time employment and the company has agreed to sponsor me for a tier 2 visa when my PSW runs out. I am thinking of forming a company/business and put my properties under it for tax purposes. Can I legally form this company/business whilst on tier 1 PSW visa and continue to own it while on my tier 2 visa? Thank you all =]
when your on Tier 2 visa you not are allowed to run your own limited company . By the way why do you put ur properties under a company ?
Last edited by kiranchinnu on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

randomblinks
Newly Registered

Post by randomblinks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 am

Hi there thanks for the reply. Can I know in which article is it state that you could still run a company whilst on tier 2 visa?

I'm looking to put properties under this company because I am currently on a 40% tax bracket.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am

randomblinks wrote:Hi there thanks for the reply. Can I know in which article is it state that you could still run a company whilst on tier 2 visa?

I'm looking to put properties under this company because I am currently on a 40% tax bracket.
Sorry I mean your 'not' allowed
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

venkatasnrm
Newly Registered

Post by venkatasnrm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 am

hi randomblinks/all

did you find any solution for your problem. i got my company running after i applied for TIER 1, i was on PSW,
because of visa iam fed up , iam allready running a real business, but i cant wait that long, can you please advise me what is the best oportunities at this stages. you can please ping me on my number 07427656489. its really hard for me to close my running business at this stage, but my visa is really wasting my time.

venkatasnrm
Newly Registered

Post by venkatasnrm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:24 am

hi randomblinks/all

did you find any solution for your problem. i got my company running after i applied for TIER 1, i was on PSW,
because of visa iam fed up , iam allready running a real business, but i cant wait that long, can you please advise me what is the best oportunities at this stages. you can please ping me on my number 07427656489. its really hard for me to close my running business at this stage, but my visa is really wasting my time.

venkatasnrm
Newly Registered

Post by venkatasnrm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:24 am

hi randomblinks/all

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:55 am

venkatasnrm wrote:hi randomblinks/all

Change the Director of the Company, Name your suppose as the director or any trust worthy relative of the Company and reduce your share to 49%. 100% Legal.