ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:35 am

Dear Members,

We appreciate if you update the skydrive with your details and encourage the same. How ever if you do not know how to do this, please feel free to post your details in this thread and some one will do the rest for you.

Please do not mess with the spread whilst appending any data. Not that we cannot restore the spread sheet, but we might lose the data you've appended during this process.

Many thanks.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shahab99

Maintenance Requirement for FLR M

Post by shahab99 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks for reffering to the post which is understandable but my question is that I will be the main migrant and I have not got any job or regular income as I am about to finish my PhD and my wife is not working as well so in this case I cannot show a regular income but can I show my bank statement for maintenance allowance for my wife application on FLR M if yes how much and for how many months.

Thanks

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: Maintenance Requirement for FLR M

Post by Hwima » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 am

shahab99 wrote:Thanks for reffering to the post which is understandable but my question is that I will be the main migrant and I have not got any job or regular income as I am about to finish my PhD and my wife is not working as well so in this case I cannot show a regular income but can I show my bank statement for maintenance allowance for my wife application on FLR M if yes how much and for how many months.

Thanks
Hi Shahab99

The trouble is a lot of readers of this thread are SET O applicants who haven't reached that stage yet hence they have no relevant info on this matter. However, by chance there may be one or two experiencing the same issue and can help but I still think you may have better luck in FLR M threads. Good luck.

rayhanali
Newly Registered

Application for 10 years leading ILR

Post by rayhanali » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Dear Friends,
i would like to share my timeline
Applied on.. 12/12/2012 at 12:12 pm
Recieved ack in a week time
now waiting for rest of the process

regards

Hyper-PK

Re: Application for 10 years leading ILR

Post by Hyper-PK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 pm

rayhanali wrote:Dear Friends,
i would like to share my timeline
Applied on.. 12/12/2012 at 12:12 pm
Recieved ack in a week time
now waiting for rest of the process

regards
Welcome board for a " Long wait Train" ....Good luck :D

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Contacted MP who in turn contacted UKBA on my behalf and this is the reply which UKBA sent them.

Thank you for your enquiry, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

Applications are processed in strict date order depending on when they were received. I have been advised that applications made on form SET(O), such as Mr Najeebs, that were received towards the end of March/beginning of April are currently being passed for consideration. Mr Najeeb made his application on 22 August.

I am unable to put a timeframe on when a decision will be made on his case as that will depend on the number of applications ahead of him in the queue.

Kind regards,

MP Account Manager Team

Graceofgod

Re: Reply

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:18 pm

naqeeb wrote:Contacted MP who in turn contacted UKBA on my behalf and this is the reply which UKBA sent them.

Thank you for your enquiry, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

Applications are processed in strict date order depending on when they were received. I have been advised that applications made on form SET(O), such as Mr Najeebs, that were received towards the end of March/beginning of April are currently being passed for consideration. Mr Najeeb made his application on 22 August.

I am unable to put a timeframe on when a decision will be made on his case as that will depend on the number of applications ahead of him in the queue.

Kind regards,

MP Account Manager Team
That is an utter bull,... From UkBA as people with complex immigration history who applied on August got the decision before than the one who applied on April without any complications as regards to immigration history and convictions.

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if there is anyway to find out your immigration history report in writing from ukba before applying for long residence ILR in order to make sure there are no gaps or anything different than we expect?

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Dear Members,

We appreciate if you update the skydrive with your details and encourage the same. How ever if you do not know how to do this, please feel free to post your details in this thread and some one will do the rest for you.

Please do not mess with the spread whilst appending any data. Not that we cannot restore the spread sheet, but we might lose the data you've appended during this process.

Many thanks.
HI Damanisshallo

Here is my details. Can any one put these dates up as i cannot edit. I can open but cannot edit or maybe donot know how to.

Application Sent: 28/06/2012
Confirmation Letter dated: 06/07/2012
Biometric Letter received: 17/08/2012
Biometric information submitted: 25/08/2012
ILR Granted: Still Waiting
Passport received: Still Waiting
BRP received: Still Waiting

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

r4rashed wrote:Hi everyone!
I was wondering if there is anyway to find out your immigration history report in writing from ukba before applying for long residence ILR in order to make sure there are no gaps or anything different than we expect?
you can make a subject access to request from UKBA.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

SAR Form

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Use this SAR Form
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Re: SAR Form

Post by r4rashed » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Use this SAR Form
Thank you very much! Damanisshallo, for your precise and helpfull response.

farhad34
Newly Registered

gap

Post by farhad34 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 pm

I want to ask if someone have a gap of 10 days during one of the extensions in 10 years ,meaning if ones visa ran out on 30 of dec and he applied 9 days late and got visa issued on 30th of february so will he still be elegible for an ilr as the home office guidance notes state that this will
constitute a long gap of more than 10 days.
plz help[.

Graceofgod

Re: gap

Post by Graceofgod » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 pm

[quote="farhad34"]I want to ask if someone have a gap of 10 days during one of the extensions in 10 years ,meaning if ones visa ran out on 30 of dec and he applied 9 days late and got visa issued on 30th of february so will he still be elegible for an ilr as the home office guidance notes state that this will
constitute a long gap of more than 10 days. The date of application will be taken into account to see the gap not date of decision so it will be fine with 9days gap which essentially means no more than 10 days out of time application.

farhad34
Newly Registered

Post by farhad34 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Thansk for your reply, grace .I have read in case worker notes on ukba site that states that the gap will count from the date the visa expires to the date at which the next visa is issued.

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 pm

farhad34 wrote:Thansk for your reply, grace .I have read in case worker notes on ukba site that states that the gap will count from the date the visa expires to the date at which the next visa is issued.
section 3c extends your stay from the date of application so the date of decision is irrelevant to assess the gap in your lawful stay. I have got the similar gap of 6 days and i am confident that it will be disregarded as per the IDI.

Pari_in_kwest

Urgent - please respond

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:13 pm

farhad34 wrote:Thansk for your reply, grace .I have read in case worker notes on ukba site that states that the gap will count from the date the visa expires to the date at which the next visa is issued.
Sorry guys, different topic but posting as a reply as my original message won't appear.

Hi All,

My passport has been away for over 5 months now and I just received a call from home that my Mum is extremely unwell and they are taking her to hospital. I know getting passport back from the home office will be a long wait and I don't have that much time. Can please anyone tell me, the ways in which I could travel back to India? I might be able to get some travel documents from the Indian High Commission (may be I am not sure) but how would I get my passport back?

Please could anyone suggest? I will really appreciate your swift response.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

I think you can not get on international flights without a passport. I'm not sure about the Indian high commission, but they won't give you new documents unless the previous ones are lost, damaged or have expired. There is another person who had a family emergency, probably look 10 or more pages back, and what most people suggested is to just keep waiting and hope IRL comes soon. If you ask for your passport back, it might take anything from 2 week to 2 months to get it back. Plus, you will have to apply and pay again. You can ask your MP to help, but no guarantees there.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I find UKBA policies really unfair and lopsided. We spend thousand of pounds and this is the service we receive. I am not sure why do we have to accept their policies that create so much stress and put people's lives on hold. Why can't we sign a petition with the help of charity organisations such as migrant network etc. It seems I will have to wait to get my passport back. PR is not as important as family probably this is what UKBA wants to hear anyway.

sunny0183
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation

Post by sunny0183 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
clubcard2002 wrote:Can someone in the know confirm?
Follow this FOI to get first hand confirmation. If this is true then it would compensate the wait for a few.
Here is an answer given back in 2010 for a similar type of request

In general terms, we would expect to exercise discretion where the delay was due to failings on UKBA’s part. Examples of this might be where there had been delays in dealing with the case due to an increased volume of applications, or the file being with another part of UKBA. If, however, the delays were due to the applicant not responding to correspondence, or sending incorrect documentation which resulted in further enquiries, we would not exercise discretion on this basis.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... etionary_p

shahab99

sky drive updates

Post by shahab99 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 am

can you plz update my details on sky drive

Applied for ILR on 20th August,2012
Received first biometric letter without bar code on 12th November 2012
Requested again biometric letter on 19th November,2012
Received 2nd biometric letter on 22nd November,2012
given biometrics on 12th December,2012 (on 15th working day the letter was sent because biometric letter was lying with my solicitor and he did not inform me about it)
waiting for the decision

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent - please respond

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 am

Sorry guys, different topic but posting as a reply as my original message won't appear.

Hi All,

My passport has been away for over 5 months now and I just received a call from home that my Mum is extremely unwell and they are taking her to hospital. I know getting passport back from the home office will be a long wait and I don't have that much time. Can please anyone tell me, the ways in which I could travel back to India? I might be able to get some travel documents from the Indian High Commission (may be I am not sure) but how would I get my passport back?

Please could anyone suggest? I will really appreciate your swift response.
@Pari_in_kwest,

Any immigration application/s submitted with in the United Kingdom, bounds the applicant to be present through out the whole period of the application.

Even if you some how you travel outside the UK, using emergency travel document, 2 things will happen:
1) Your application with UKBA will deemed to be invalid automatically.
2) You won't be able to return back to UK for a long time and your ILR clock may reset.

Try to get some medical records/Doctor's letter from back home and submit them with a letter to expedite your application under exceptional circumstances.

I hope your mom gets better soon.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Pari_in_kwest

Re: Urgent - please respond

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

@sPiDeRy_tHrEaD

Thanks for your email. You are right I may have to withdraw the application, and it might take a couple or more weeks for them to return my passport.

I spoke to Indian High Commission and they said they can provide emergency travel documents. This would mean I would have to cancel my current passport. I would then have to apply for a new passport and visa in India and restart the process upon my return. Also, what's more unacceptable is that emergency travel documents take 2 months. This all so shyte (excuse my language).

Thanks for your wishes too. I do hope my mum get's better. I have requested a letter from doctor who is treating her but he has refused to add the contents I am requesting such as: she is chronically ill, which she is and that the children should be beside her. The three group of professionals who have disppointed me in this whole process are doctors, lawyers and accountants.
Last edited by Pari_in_kwest on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm

If you are lucky, you may get a reply within these 2 months, and get a BRP, passport is just a suppliment with the application.

Make an appointment with your local MP, see him/her personally and make the request based on the circumstances so that the MP writes to CE of the UKBA on your behalf to expedite your application.

Best of Luck.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks, just spoke to the local government who sounded supportive. They said they will write to the Home Office on my behalf but I am still waiting for the Doctor's certificate from India before the MP could arrange to send a letter to the Home Office.