ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Self Employment on Tier 1 (Eterpreneur Visa)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dundee1
Newly Registered

Advice on Self Employment on Tier 1 (Eterpreneur Visa)

Post by dundee1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Dear Guru's and Senior Members,

I got recently Tier 1 Enterpreneur visa from PSW (Master from Dundee) on Internet Security Business. I want to do taxi driving with little of my security business. Can I work as taxi driving on Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa? As rules say that I can do 20 hours other work. Could you Please advice me on this issue.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Kind regards.

Jashu (Dundee 1)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 pm

That's not what the rules say and you can't work as a taxi driver.

dundee1
Newly Registered

Post by dundee1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Dear Lucapooka,

Thank you so much for your reply. If I do business in my company but on side drive taxi for 20 hours a week (As rule says that you can do 20h other work) to earn some money. Could you please advice me on this whthere it is possible or can't do it at all?

Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Lucapooka wrote:That's not what the rules say and you can't work as a taxi driver.
Conditions of stay
23. Permission to stay under this route will be subject to the following conditions:
a) no recourse to public funds (which means you will not be able to claim most benefits paid by
the state);
b) registration with the police, if this is required by paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules;
c) no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established,
joined or taken over; and
d) no employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).