ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renew: Address change & Spouse Name quer

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pshayer
India

Indian Passport Renew: Address change & Spouse Name quer

Post by pshayer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi,

My wife's passport is about to expire and we are planning to renew it soon. As we are recently married so my name is still not on her passport. So I wan't to know what is the process to put spouse's name on passport and what kind of document are required as proof?

Secondly, the address on her passport is her parent's address in India, so in the new copy we would like to have the same address which I got on my passport (Husband's address in India).

Can anyone please suggest me what is the process and the supporting documents required. I have tried to contact HCI London by phone but without any luck.

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:09 am

You need to provide your Marriage Certificate as evidence to include your surname in your wife's passport.

To change her Indian address to your Indian address on her passport, you need to provide any official bill (BSNL telephone bill, tax invoice/letter, any government correspondence letter on her name at your Indian address, Joint is also ok). All these must be originals and you may have to get them from India if you do not have them already in UK.

Hope this helps.

pshayer
India

Post by pshayer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks for your reply.

We don't want include my surname to her passport. We just want to include spouse's name under the "Spouse Name" column. I hope marriage certificate will be enough to prove it.

We do not have any proof (government correspondence, invoice or bill) to prove her address change. So I believe it will be OK if we keep her parent's address on her passport.

Thanks for your help.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 am

Yes, spouse's name can be included in her passport with a marriage certificate and yes if you do not have any address proof, HCI will use the same address which is already in there.

pshayer
India

Post by pshayer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Many thanks for your help.

I have completed the application from and also taking original marriage certificate, passport size photos and UK address proofs with me. I hope everything will be all right.

Regards

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:39 am

What I experienced when getting my wife's surname changed in her passport:
I gave them our marriage certificate as evidence of name change plus in the column for permanent address in India, we gave my parent's address. The consul staff automatically changed the address on her passport without any proof. This was in Birmingham and we might just have been lucky not to be asked any proof but this is my experience for what it's worth.