ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent to Tier 2

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karpu

Tier 1 Dependent to Tier 2

Post by karpu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Team,

I am in very confused situation I need suggestions from experts.

I am on Tier 1 Dependent visa presently got in 2010 expiring in April 2013. I am working as a full time employee and earning more than 40k per annum.

My wife is not working who is primary applicant. So, we can’t extend Tier 1 in April 2013.

My company is ready to sponsor Tier 2 visa from India. Now, I am confused that whether I am (Tier 1 Dependent) eligible for Tier 2 visa from India or I have to go for cooling period.

If possible what should i consider Tier 2 ICT or Tier 2 General to keep my PR options live in future.

Please suggest possible options for me.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 pm

You are not liable to the cooling off period but when did your partner stop working? Has there been notice of curtailment?

karpu

Post by karpu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks Lucapooka for your quick response.

She never worked here under Tier 1 General Primary applicant. When we got Visa she was pregnant she went back to India and joined me with baby in Oct 2011 from then she is with me not working. I got job offer from India itself to join UK in September 2010 we both came here and she went back in 2 weeks to India as she was pregnant. So, we don’t have problem till date. Now the problem comes as I can’t shift/ change visa status in UK. So, my company is ready to sponsor for me from India and they are going to become my depends now. Once again thanks for the response.

If I got for Tier 2 General then this will keep my Permanent Residence options live after 5 years.