ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card issuing time for Same-day Service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shyamsai
Newly Registered

BRP Card issuing time for Same-day Service

Post by shyamsai » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my UK Tier 1 (General) extension on 22nd Jan'13 via Same-day service through a representative. Received the Approval letter on the same day.

However, I have still not received the BRP card?? Normally, we should receive it in 2 to 3 working days, isn't it? Already 4 days passed still no BRP card yet!!!

Does anyone know how many days it will take to get the BRP card for same-day service?

ilrukpeo
BANNED

Re: BRP Card issuing time for Same-day Service

Post by ilrukpeo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 pm

shyamsai wrote:Hi,

I have applied for my UK Tier 1 (General) extension on 22nd Jan'13 via Same-day service through a representative. Received the Approval letter on the same day.

However, I have still not received the BRP card?? Normally, we should receive it in 2 to 3 working days, isn't it? Already 4 days passed still no BRP card yet!!!

Does anyone know how many days it will take to get the BRP card for same-day service?
Normally it will take 7-10 working days.

If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. In your email you should state:

your full name;
your date of birth;
your nationality;
your passport number;
your case reference number;
the delivery address for the permit; and
a contact telephone number.
If you do not provide all this information, there may be a delay in answering your query.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ibilities/

R.M.
Newly Registered

Post by R.M. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I applied on 15-Jan in PEO Croydon and still waiting for the BRP card to be delivered. :(

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 am

[quote="R.M."][quote="shyamsai"]Hi,

Does anyone know how many days it will take to get the BRP card for same-day service?[/quote]

I applied on 15-Jan in PEO Croydon and still waiting for the BRP card to be delivered. :([/quote]

Hope you have contacted the email address/phone number mentioned on your approval letter as it has been more than 10 days in your case.

R.M.
Newly Registered

Post by R.M. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:
R.M. wrote:

I applied on 15-Jan in PEO Croydon and still waiting for the BRP card to be delivered. :(
Hope you have contacted the email address/phone number mentioned on your approval letter as it has been more than 10 days in your case.
I contacted DXSecure courier services and those buggers had it with them and giving excuse that they tried to deliver which they clearly didn't. I see other members in the forum complaining about them too

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm

[quote="R.M."][quote="hsmp1412"][quote="R.M."][quote="shyamsai"]Hi,

Does anyone know how many days it will take to get the BRP card for same-day service?[/quote]

I applied on 15-Jan in PEO Croydon and still waiting for the BRP card to be delivered. :([/quote]

Hope you have contacted the email address/phone number mentioned on your approval letter as it has been more than 10 days in your case.[/quote]

I contacted DXSecure courier services and those buggers had it with them and giving excuse that they tried to deliver which they clearly didn't. I see other members in the forum complaining about them too[/quote]

Oh well... all's well that ends well! :)

senthil123
Newly Registered

Post by senthil123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am

Hi All,

In order to know the new expiry date, will this be mentioned in the approval letter or do we have to wait until the BRP arrives.

In the PEO experience thread, I've seen many people mentioning the new expiry date and still waiting for their BRP.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:45 am

senthil123 wrote:In order to know the new expiry date, will this be mentioned in the approval letter or do we have to wait until the BRP arrives.
If you mean, the expiry date on your BRP. This should be 2 or 3 years from the date of your current LTR expiry date, depending on what your initial LTR grant was.

To add to this, this would be if you did not apply for your extension significantly early. I.e. No more than 28 days before your previous LTR expiry date.

senthil123
Newly Registered

Post by senthil123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 am

cs95tdg wrote:
senthil123 wrote:In order to know the new expiry date, will this be mentioned in the approval letter or do we have to wait until the BRP arrives.
If you mean, the expiry date on your BRP. This will be 10 years from the date of ILR approval. It's the expiry date of the BRP card, and not your ILR status.
Sorry, I should have explained it bit more clearly.
Say you go for your Tier-1 extension sometime this week and the current visa expires on 20-Feb-2013.
If your application is successfull, you get your approval letter and the CW say the BRP will be sent in 5-7 days.

How do you know your new visa expiry date? You assume that you will get it until 20-feb-2015. But will the CW tell you or will this be in the approval letter or do we have to wait until the BRP arrives.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 am

senthil123 wrote:Sorry, I should have explained it bit more clearly.
Say you go for your Tier-1 extension sometime this week and the current visa expires on 20-Feb-2013.
If your application is successfull, you get your approval letter and the CW say the BRP will be sent in 5-7 days.

How do you know your new visa expiry date? You assume that you will get it until 20-feb-2015. But will the CW tell you or will this be in the approval letter or do we have to wait until the BRP arrives.
Your approval letter would state this, it will also be reflected in your BRP.

Note, my previous response was under the impression that you were waiting for your BRP for ILR. I have now corrected this.

senthil123
Newly Registered

Post by senthil123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Your approval letter would state this, it will also be reflected in your BRP.
Thanks for the reply. But are you sure about this. The reason being that one of my friend applied through PEO, got the approval letter and had to wait until the BRP to know the new expiry date.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm

senthil123 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Your approval letter would state this, it will also be reflected in your BRP.
Thanks for the reply. But are you sure about this. The reason being that one of my friend applied through PEO, got the approval letter and had to wait until the BRP to know the new expiry date.
Unless something has changed in the way the UKBA word their T1G approval letters in recent times (which is possible), then yes, I would expect to see this in your approval letter. This was the case when I received mine last year.

May be you should explain what specifically you are trying to determine. Is it whether your LTR grant would be granted from your current LTR expiry date or whether it would be from the date of approval? If you applied no earlier than 28 days before your current LTR expiry date, then it should be from your previous LTR expiry date. Additionally whether or not the extension is for 2 or 3 years would depend on your first T1G application date.

Have you already applied at a PEO? Or is this a question for a future application you intend to make?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 am

I recently got a extension approval at a PEO and the approval letter does not state the visa end date. You have to wait for your BRP.

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by tereliye01 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

I got my visa extended last week and I agree to the above post, the approval letter does not state the visa expiry date. But if you are too curious, you dont need to wait for the BRP to arrive. When the case worker calls you to give your approval letter and original docs back, you can ask him/her and they will confirm it for you. I did not ask but the case worker told me the date the visa will be extended till. In my case, it was 2 years from current visa expiry date.

Kind Regards,
Bob