ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jsamad

Biometric Card

Post by jsamad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi,
Anyone who applied around 17th Jan for ILR, have you recieved your Biometric Card? I have my travel booked for 1st Feb, i am bit worried as I have not recieved my biometric card yet.
I did mention to CW that I have my travel booked, but they mentioned me that I would get it in 5days, but I have not seen any yet.
I understand that due to weather condition it might have been delayed, so wanted to find out from fellow forum mates if anyone has recieved.

If I send a E-Mail will they let me know the by when I would recieve it?

Thanks,
Samad

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm

I applied on the 17th. First delivery attempt made on Jan 22nd. I received the card today after rescheduling the delivery date. See below http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#769882

Deepa999

Re: Biometric Card

Post by Deepa999 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:21 pm

My ILR approved on 18th, I have received my BRP last evening

Deepa

patt

Post by patt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:44 pm

I applied on 14th jan.

Today is 24th (8 working days) still havent recieve it yet.

Email BRP : they replied on 21st jan mentioned that case worker will contact me directly but again today is 24th and no one contact me.

Ring DX : there is no record of my BRP card.

Any advice are welcome.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 pm

patt, as it would be the 10th working day tomorrow, I'd try to follow-up (may be mentioning the ref no on the letter you received @ the time of your PEO appointment) on the enquiry if you hear nothing by then. Just out of curiosity, was their anything unusual about your application or do you recall anything that happened during your PEO appointment, which may have led to this unusual delay and response from the BRP team? I don't suppose they mentioned the case workers name in the email response you received, did they?

khurramrafiq

Post by khurramrafiq » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am

I applied on 18th, haven't received it yet, may be later today or tomorrow.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 am

If you would like to check whether DX have an item for you (instead of waiting), you can do so by calling them on 01604496798, *. They'll ask for your postcode, name, address.

patt

Post by patt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi cs95tdg,
patt, as it would be the 10th working day tomorrow, I'd try to follow-up (may be mentioning the ref no on the letter you received @ the time of your PEO appointment) on the enquiry if you hear nothing by then. Just out of curiosity, was their anything unusual about your application or do you recall anything that happened during your PEO appointment, which may have led to this unusual delay and response from the BRP team? I don't suppose they mentioned the case workers name in the email response you received, did they?
Thank for your advice.

I just range DX and again NOTHING to delilver to me.

In BRP replied email : did not mention case worker name but mention that case worker will contact me directly and also mention that " please do not reply this email"

At the moment, i have no idea. Who I have to chase? and How can I get the answer?

From the experience on that day: everything was fine as everyone in this forum.

The ILR letter bit that I worried about: it happened to be that everyone get the same letter.

I'm so worry at the moment. It is killing me.

Anyone experience this situation, could you please advise please.

Many thank [/quote]

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

All UKBA email responses are sent with no-reply email aliases. So you wouldn't be able to reply to the email directly, but could type in the BRP email address after removing the no-reply email address which would be there when you hit the reply button.

If you hear nothing by next week, you could state that you have not yet received any communication from either DX courier or your case worker (as stated in that email response). Highlight the urgency you have in getting your BRP, and possibly ask for the case workers contact details to write to them directly - with the intent of understanding the reason for the delay and what now remains to be done to get your BRP.

Just my personal opinion, as it's what I would do, if this had happened to me. Once you know what's causing the delay you'll be in a better position to understand what if anything you need to do next. Try not to worry, until you know more.

R.M.
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Card

Post by R.M. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I have applied in PEO croydon on 15-Jan and still no clue about BRP card delivery.

patt

Post by patt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi cs95tdg,
All UKBA email responses are sent with no-reply email aliases. So you wouldn't be able to reply to the email directly, but could type in the BRP email address after removing the no-reply email address which would be there when you hit the reply button.

If you hear nothing by next week, you could state that you have not yet received any communication from either DX courier or your case worker (as stated in that email response). Highlight the urgency you have in getting your BRP, and possibly ask for the case workers contact details to write to them directly - with the intent of understanding the reason for the delay and what now remains to be done to get your BRP.

Just my personal opinion, as it's what I would do, if this had happened to me. Once you know what's causing the delay you'll be in a better position to understand what if anything you need to do next. Try not to worry, until you know more.
Thank you very much for your reply and advice. Today is exactly 10 working days. I will chase BRP delivery as per your advise.

Thank a lot again.

Will keep you posted my case. Just in case anyone experience the same problem as me.

Patt

patt

Post by patt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi R.M.,

I have applied in PEO croydon on 15-Jan and still no clue about BRP card delivery.

We are the same boat. Try to email BRP team and phone DX.

Hope you get BRP card very soon.

I'm still waiting (nearly gone mad, too worry).

Patt

shaad

BRP Card Delivery

Post by shaad » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm

I got my stay (ILR) on 28th Jan 2013
Today 31st Jan 2013 there was an attempt to deliver the card to my residence. The guy who came to deliver just rang the bell and did not even stay for 30 Seconds for some one to come down and open the door. He left without even leaving any note at the door. I knew because of this forum that these cards are delivered by DX Services so I called them up in the afternoon to find if there was any delivery under my name. They just confirmed to me that they have a delivery under my name and postal code.
I hope as mentioned they deliver this again to me tomorrow.
Number for DX if you have a missed delivery or if anyone have not received a card in 7-10 days time should call 01604496798

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

patt wrote:Hi R.M.,

We are the same boat. Try to email BRP team and phone DX.

Hope you get BRP card very soon.

I'm still waiting (nearly gone mad, too worry).

Patt
Patt & R.M., have you heard anything? I hope all is well, or at least that you are getting closer to finding out the reason for the delay.

patt

Post by patt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi cs95tdg,

I just got BRP card today at 10:30 am. (such a big relief after long wating time) and i'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to this forum especially cs95tdg and inukonhsmp for you suggestion all the way through this process.

On Friday 1st Feb DX had attemped to deliver but I'm not in. DX leave the letter.

I called back DX to re-arrange delivery and I had to pay £6.31 for saturday delivery.

I am a bit disappointed as I applied on 14th jan but Home office issued my card on 29th Jan - 15 days later.

Anyway, I got one question reagrding BRP card. As I had indefinite leave to remain why the card valid unitl 2023?

Does anyone has the same valid until (10 years)?
Do we need to re apply?

Many thanks
Patt

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm

patt wrote:Hi cs95tdg,

Anyway, I got one question reagrding BRP card. As I had indefinite leave to remain why the card valid unitl 2023?

Do we need to re apply?

Many thanks
Patt
You dont have to reapply. It works exactly the same way as your driving licence, bank cards and passport. All come with an expiry date. after 10 years you just need to apply for new biometric card - not ILR

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Thank for your advice.

I just range DX and again NOTHING to delilver to me.

In BRP replied email : did not mention case worker name but mention that case worker will contact me directly and also mention that " please do not reply this email"

At the moment, i have no idea. Who I have to chase? and How can I get the answer?

From the experience on that day: everything was fine as everyone in this forum.

The ILR letter bit that I worried about: it happened to be that everyone get the same letter.

I'm so worry at the moment. It is killing me.

Anyone experience this situation, could you please advise please.

Many thank
[/quote]

Congratulations. Now relax and enjoy. You need it very badly to relieve all your stress.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I just got BRP card today at 10:30 am. (such a big relief after long wating time) and i'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to this forum especially cs95tdg and inukonhsmp for you suggestion all the way through this process.

On Friday 1st Feb DX had attemped to deliver but I'm not in. DX leave the letter.

I called back DX to re-arrange delivery and I had to pay £6.31 for saturday delivery.

I am a bit disappointed as I applied on 14th jan but Home office issued my card on 29th Jan - 15 days later.

Do we need to re apply?

Many thanks
Patt
Glad that you finally received it, all be it with a rather long delay! I saw another post where the BRPError team had responded saying they were facing some issues in issuing BRP's and that could result in some applicants facing a delay in receiving their cards. Nothing to do with the individual applicants themselves. The validity period on the card is just the validity of the BRP card itself. Not your ILR status. If you decide not to apply for naturalisation within the next 10 years, then you will need to submit your biometrics again and get a new card. Thats all.

patt

Post by patt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 am

Hi cs95tdg, Gagan1986 and Kevin24,

Thank you for your answer.

Wish you all have a great weekend.

PS. My next mission is apply for British Citizen by next year.

Patt