ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my Visa still Valid?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mick5

Is my Visa still Valid?

Post by mick5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi i just came back from Fuerteventura Spanish island iam holding "Residence of eea family member " visa for uK we went to Fuerteventura and i had Spain visa but at Fuerteventura airport IMO did not check my Spanish visa just saw my UK residence and let me go without entry stamp, same on a way back no exit stamp on my passport my Spanish visa is finishing on 16th of February and its not multiple i want to know can i travel before 16th of February as i dont have exit or entry stamp for Fuerteventura on my passport. Is my Visa still Valid?
Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Your visa is valid until 16th Feb so is still valid.

It would appear that you encountered an enlightened border official.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Is my Visa still Valid?

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am

mick5 wrote:Hi i just came back from Fuerteventura Spanish island iam holding "Residence of eea family member " visa for uK we went to Fuerteventura and i had Spain visa but at Fuerteventura airport IMO did not check my Spanish visa just saw my UK residence and let me go without entry stamp, same on a way back no exit stamp on my passport my Spanish visa is finishing on 16th of February and its not multiple i want to know can i travel before 16th of February as i dont have exit or entry stamp for Fuerteventura on my passport. Is my Visa still Valid?
Thanks
Hi mick5,

your "Residence card of an eea family member" acts like a permanent visa to all EEA-states, as long as you travel togehter with your spouse - you do not need any other visa.

Problem is, that not all border guards know that.

Seems like the guy you met knew.

You may thus travel - together with your spouse - at any time - before and after the 16th...

Obviously your passport and Residence Card should be valid, but I guess that's obvious.

Happy travels!

Rgds, Christian

mick5

Post by mick5 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Christian Thank you for your detail reply only problem is we are not married we are partner and living together from past 3 years, I've been in few other European countries without visa but once i had bad experience so i thought better to have visa.
Thanks again