ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Check List

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rentmeda

OCI Check List

Post by rentmeda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am

Hi All,

I plan to submit my OCI Application in person next week, as I am told it will be quicker then posting it. Just wanted to check the documents required when submitting in person:

Self:
1. Two sets of completed form Part A and Part B.
2. Copy of Surrender certificate.
3. Copy of Certificate of Naturalisation.
4. Copy of British Passport.

Spouse:
3. Copy of Certificate of Naturalisation.
4. Copy of British Passport.

Child:
3. Copy of cancelled Indian Passport.
4. Copy of Certificate of Naturalisation.
5. Copy of British Passport.
6. Copy of Full UK Birth Certificate.
7. Copy of Parents Marriage Certificate.

Want to confirm:
1. If I need any authorisation letter from my wife as I plan to go alone to submit the applications.
2. Do we need copies of expired/cancelled Indian passports for self + spouse.
3. Do we need to carry the Originals for all the above documents.

Thanks

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: OCI Check List

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

rentmeda wrote: Want to confirm:
1. If I need any authorisation letter from my wife as I plan to go alone to submit the applications.
2. Do we need copies of expired/cancelled Indian passports for self + spouse.
3. Do we need to carry the Originals for all the above documents.

Thanks
1 - No
2 - No
3 - Yes

Also,
- Two copies of the application form are not required though it states so.
- Complete Part A individually and part B as common for all of you. So part A three copies and only 1 copy of part B
- Copy of Cancelled Indian passport is not required
- For Baby the full birth certificate and for establishing your relation with wife a copy of marriage certificate.
- All the above copies needs to be self attested by applicant except for baby where you attest the copies.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Many thanks

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Sorry one more question. What happens to the second photograph, do we have to submit it or just one pasted on the application is enough.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 pm

rentmeda wrote:Sorry one more question. What happens to the second photograph, do we have to submit it or just one pasted on the application is enough.
you submit the second photo with application. I use 'u' pin to attach the same to part A of the application.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 am

Hi

Does the thumb impression of the minor be only with blue ink as i read somewhere.

Can we not use black stamp pad for the thumb impression.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 pm

rentmeda wrote:Hi

Does the thumb impression of the minor be only with blue ink as i read somewhere.

I have used Black ink and as of now the application is progressing so we will have to wait and watch. but where have you read about blue ink?

sonrak
Newly Registered

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Post by sonrak » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm

I am applying for OCI for my 2 kids aged 8 and 4, my wife and myself. We ve all got our surrender certificates. Both my kids were born in the UK and their birth certificates show both parents name. Do I still need to send marriage certificate (have only got a court affidavit in front of a magistrate in India confirming our marriage ).

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:03 pm

manyaonisland wrote:

I have used Black ink and as of now the application is progressing so we will have to wait and watch. but where have you read about blue ink?
My Application was successful hence can confirm that thumb impression with black ink is acceptable.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Post by manyaonisland » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:06 pm

sonrak wrote:I am applying for OCI for my 2 kids aged 8 and 4, my wife and myself. We ve all got our surrender certificates. Both my kids were born in the UK and their birth certificates show both parents name. Do I still need to send marriage certificate (have only got a court affidavit in front of a magistrate in India confirming our marriage ).
The marriage certificate is still required to prove that other adult applicant is your wife and hence you are eligible to apply together as family application without she being present there physically. If you do not want to take / have marriage certificate then she will need to be present there physically, as during application, an adult needs to be present physically unless it is family application.

sonrak
Newly Registered

Post by sonrak » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 am

manyaonisland wrote:
sonrak wrote:I am applying for OCI for my 2 kids aged 8 and 4, my wife and myself. We ve all got our surrender certificates. Both my kids were born in the UK and their birth certificates show both parents name. Do I still need to send marriage certificate (have only got a court affidavit in front of a magistrate in India confirming our marriage ).
The marriage certificate is still required to prove that other adult applicant is your wife and hence you are eligible to apply together as family application without she being present there physically. If you do not want to take / have marriage certificate then she will need to be present there physically, as during application, an adult needs to be present physically unless it is family application.
Thanks for your reply. If we send the application by post, can we send one common part b or does my wife have to apply separately?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:59 pm

sonrak wrote:
manyaonisland wrote:
Thanks for your reply. If we send the application by post, can we send one common part b or does my wife have to apply separately?
if you are sending your marriage certificate (thus making it family application) only single copy of the duly filled part B. if Wife's application is going separately then you need to have part B for her application too.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 am

manyaonisland wrote:
manyaonisland wrote:

My Application was successful hence can confirm that thumb impression with black ink is acceptable.
My application has been granted as well.......all my worries was unwanted for. Anyhow end of a long journey and many thanks to the FORUM all along for its valuable guidance and information

HsmpFlr3

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:42 pm

manyaonisland wrote:- All the above copies needs to be self attested by applicant except for baby where you attest the copies.
Trivial question - We need only one photocopy of the documents (passport/naturalizationcert etc) right?

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:28 pm

HsmpFlr3 wrote:
manyaonisland wrote:- All the above copies needs to be self attested by applicant except for baby where you attest the copies.
Trivial question - We need only one photocopy of the documents (passport/naturalizationcert etc) right?
Yes only one self attest photocopy of the documents.

HariMathy
Newly Registered

Address Proof

Post by HariMathy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi,

Could somebody let me know whether address proof is required for OCI application??

Regards,
Mana..

rentmeda

Re: Address Proof

Post by rentmeda » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 am

HariMathy wrote:Hi,

Could somebody let me know whether address proof is required for OCI application??

Regards,
Mana..
Hi Mana,

No address proof required only print out of OCI approval along with passport required.

Regards

SONAKSHI

Post by SONAKSHI » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi, My 5 months son is born in the UK and has a British passport. I have an Indian passport and Biometric card with ILR. My spouse has a British naturalisation certificate and Indian passport which has not yet been surrendered ( within 3 Months). The british passport has not yet arrived. Would I also need to submit a joint affadivit stating that my son did not acquire Indian Citizenship.
Many thanks in advance for your response.
Less is More

GreatMechEngr
Newly Registered

Affidavit for minor child born outside India (for OCI)

Post by GreatMechEngr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 am

Sonakshi,

I think your spouse needs to get his British Passport first, then surrender his Indian Passport.

In the mean time, an affidavit to be made for your son to confirm that he has never acquired Indian Citizenship. I understand that this is an mandatory requirement. I was informed that : ''If an applicant never possessed an Indian passport (eg. a minor born outside India), he / she or the minor’s parent is required to submit an affidavit in a proforma acceptable to High Commission / Consulate.''

Then your spouse and son can apply for OCI together. Your son can't apply on his own for OCI until it can be proved that at least one of the parent is holding a Foreign Passport.

Regards,

HP
[quote="SONAKSHI"]Hi, My 5 months son is born in the UK and has a British passport. I have an Indian passport and Biometric card with ILR. My spouse has a British naturalisation certificate and Indian passport which has not yet been surrendered ( within 3 Months). The british passport has not yet arrived. Would I also need to submit a joint affadivit stating that my son did not acquire Indian Citizenship.
Many thanks in advance for your response.[/quote]

riojamel

hi

Post by riojamel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 am

Hi guys, I m applying for OCI/PIO too ,i m planning to go dublin becouse I live in northern ireland,its all same process in london and dtjblin,plz someone guide me how to start this ,how to do this all
Thanks

destiniation_london

Re: hi

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

riojamel wrote:Hi guys, I m applying for OCI/PIO too ,i m planning to go dublin becouse I live in northern ireland,its all same process in london and dtjblin,plz someone guide me how to start this ,how to do this all
Thanks
I'm due to apply for naturalisation and I also live in Northern Ireland, Belfast to be specific.

Did you go to England to make an application and for citizenship ceremony???

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 am

HCI website states that you have to submit original surrender certificate. As i am applying by post, do you need to send original surrender certificate along with copy of surrender certificate ?

Also I am not sending my cancelled Indian passport copy.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re:

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:58 am

destiniation_london wrote:I'm due to apply for naturalisation and I also live in Northern Ireland, Belfast to be specific.

Did you go to England to make an application and for citizenship ceremony???
You have got better chance of getting your question answered if you post here.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

coolrock

Re: Affidavit for minor child born outside India (for OCI)

Post by coolrock » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

GreatMechEngr wrote:Sonakshi,

I think your spouse needs to get his British Passport first, then surrender his Indian Passport.

In the mean time, an affidavit to be made for your son to confirm that he has never acquired Indian Citizenship. I understand that this is an mandatory requirement. I was informed that : ''If an applicant never possessed an Indian passport (eg. a minor born outside India), he / she or the minor’s parent is required to submit an affidavit in a proforma acceptable to High Commission / Consulate.''

Then your spouse and son can apply for OCI together. Your son can't apply on his own for OCI until it can be proved that at least one of the parent is holding a Foreign Passport.

Regards,

HP
SONAKSHI wrote:Hi, My 5 months son is born in the UK and has a British passport. I have an Indian passport and Biometric card with ILR. My spouse has a British naturalisation certificate and Indian passport which has not yet been surrendered ( within 3 Months). The british passport has not yet arrived. Would I also need to submit a joint affadivit stating that my son did not acquire Indian Citizenship.
Many thanks in advance for your response.

Hi All,

My daughter is born in UK and holds Britich passport. I am applying for OCI card for myself now (got British passport and surrendered Indian passport already) . I am planning to include my daughter in the OCI application.

''If an applicant never possessed an Indian passport (eg. a minor born outside India), he / she or the minor’s parent is required to submit an affidavit in a proforma acceptable to High Commission / Consulate.''

Does anyone know whether we need to provide any documents to show she never acquired Indian citizenship before? or will it be sufficient to show her British passport and her naturalisation certificate and my surrender of Indian passport certificate as a proof to her Indian origin

Thanks

sojan

Indian/British Passport Copy

Post by sojan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Guys,
when u say passport copy,
Does it mean

- Whole pages of Passport
OR
- Used Pages of Passport
OR
- Pages containing personal information (1st and last pages)

Could you also please confirm if this is the same for Indian as well British Passport?