ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Misu79

Congratulation

Post by Misu79 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 pm

ukraj007 wrote:Hi Everyone! I have been a silent observer for the past few weeks & thought of sharing with you all.. I've sent my SET (protection route) application to UKBA Liverpool (through recorded Royal Mail) in last August.. I've received my ILR today on registered post.. I wish you all good luck & I hope that we all get through this as soon as possible.. Thank you again!

This is my timeline..

Application Date: 20/08/2012

Received by UKBA: 21/08/2012 (Royal Mail Tracking Service)

No Acknowledgement Letter Received.

Biometric Letter: 05/10/2012 (dated by UKBA on 01/10/2012)

Biometric Entered: 08/10/2012

ILR Received: 26/01/2013
Thank you for sharing your timeline...regards

doodoo2012

Re: Travel Document after ILR granted

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 am

I have little information about this. I have friend who was granted ILR through legacy cases and did not get refugee status(it says out of immigration roles !!) any way he applied for the travel document about 99 months ago and still nothing showed up ! I don't if this is linked to how he got his ILR or blaa blaa .. he tried to chase it up and all what he got from them he has to wait ! anyway, he is in situation where he is wanting to cancel as he paid over 200 quid and soon he can apply for naturalisation.

if you have more info drop them here. although they are not relevant to me as i still have no ILR !! :-(

alex_shvjac wrote:Hi, guys
As you all probably know, I have received my ILR on 7th January 2013. My 18 months old boy has got ILR as well, but my wife got 2.5yr dependant visa.
I have been all over the moon until I read a few posts about Travel Document application.
Some people are waiting for 6+ months for their Conventional Travel Documents, so I am just wondering, has any of you, successful ILR holders, got Travel Document and if so, how long it took you to obtain one.
Please don't tell me it takes another half a year to get it done!!!
Please share the timelines with me
Thanks all
Alex

chennai26
Newly Registered

protection route

Post by chennai26 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm

hi all

i finally got my biometric cards with ilr today,relieved but not excited i was tired of waiting.

thank you all

wish all those still waiting the best

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: protection route

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm

chennai26 wrote:hi all

i finally got my biometric cards with ilr today,relieved but not excited i was tired of waiting.

thank you all

Cangratulation Chennai26 all the best
best whises for the rest who are waiting
babe khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

congratulations .. all the best for the rest !

thank you all

doodoo2012

Re: Travel Document after ILR granted

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

I meant 9 months .
doodoo2012 wrote:I have little information about this. I have friend who was granted ILR through legacy cases and did not get refugee status(it says out of immigration roles !!) any way he applied for the travel document about 99 months ago and still nothing showed up ! I don't if this is linked to how he got his ILR or blaa blaa .. he tried to chase it up and all what he got from them he has to wait ! anyway, he is in situation where he is wanting to cancel as he paid over 200 quid and soon he can apply for naturalisation.

if you have more info drop them here. although they are not relevant to me as i still have no ILR !! :-(

alex_shvjac wrote:Hi, guys
As you all probably know, I have received my ILR on 7th January 2013. My 18 months old boy has got ILR as well, but my wife got 2.5yr dependant visa.
I have been all over the moon until I read a few posts about Travel Document application.
Some people are waiting for 6+ months for their Conventional Travel Documents, so I am just wondering, has any of you, successful ILR holders, got Travel Document and if so, how long it took you to obtain one.
Please don't tell me it takes another half a year to get it done!!!
Please share the timelines with me
Thanks all
Alex

Newly Registered

Post by 0818688 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 pm

babe_khyber wrote:

thank you all

Cangratulation Chennai26 all the best
best whises for the rest who are waiting
babe khyber[/

Congrats bro, how did they send it? Royal mail or a different courier? did you have to sign for it?

Newly Registered

Moving house

Post by 0818688 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi guys,

I did my biometric 10 Jan and about to move to a different address! Would it be delayed if i change my address?

Peterpan81

Re: Moving house

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:24 am

0818688 wrote:Hi guys,

I did my biometric 10 Jan and about to move to a different address! Would it be delayed if i change my address?
You need to inform them about the change of your address...as far as you did biometrics, the only thing you will be worried about is the BRP card being sent to the wrong address, but as far as I am concerned that shouldn't delay the process.

Others in this forum might have different views, please advise accordingly.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

doodoo2012

Re: Moving house

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 am

There is an online form you can fill and submit, just go to the ukborder website. Don't send them a letter as it says at the end set application as I did this and they never changed my address until I did the online form.

I would advise set up post redirection as well for at 3 months, it is only £20 for 3 months .

I went through this and I was so disappointed when I called them after I sent the letter exactly how they tell you to inform them of Change of address but when rang 6weeks latter there war nothing received by them although it was registered posted. They told me then to do it online and I wish I knew what I said up in this feedback.

All the best.
0818688 wrote:Hi guys,

RanaJi
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi everyone. Here is my time line.
Applied (SET): 3 Sep 2012
Biomatric done:17 Nov
Got ILR: 25-01-2013
Thanx GOD.
( 4 Months and 22 Days)

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: ILR WAITTING AUGUST APPLICATION

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

RanaJi wrote:Hi everyone. Here is my time line.
Thanx GOD.
( 4 Months and 22 Days)

Cangratulation Ranaji good luck best wishese for the rest
babe khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

congratulations .. all the best for the rest
Thanx GOD.
( 4 Months and 22 Days)

RanaJi
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
Thanx GOD.
( 4 Months and 22 Days)

Cangratulation Ranaji good luck best wishese for the rest
babe khyber
Thank you. khan sab

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 pm

"doodoo2012"
How about you did you received or still waiting if you received it plz shere with us i am worry as well still waiting since august last year
best wishese
babe khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm

I wish I have some news to share, just waiting... I am feeling really down :(
babe_khyber wrote:"doodoo2012"
How about you did you received or still waiting if you received it plz shere with us i am worry as well still waiting since august last year
best wishese
babe khyber

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Doodo

Don't feel down we are with you on this train, as long as we know our application are with them and we have fully completed the conditions their is nothing to worry of, its a matter of time, did you send that letter to your MP.

I hope we will receive our documents soon

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:I wish I have some news to share, just waiting... I am feeling really down :(
best wishese
babe khyber
It is really a torture, I understand you, but what can we do? Patience is the best policy :) I was really upset for the biometeic letter which came late before the deadline day, and now it looks like my application is being delayed too :( ,,,, but again, the long waiting has finished, Now its only short waiting remaining :) lets see........ congratulations to the recent successful applicants :) good luck to all

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 pm

I have not done anything yet. My application was messed up and in consequence got delayed by 6 weeks I reckon.

I don't know if I should fire the MP thingy or not yet .. I don't know .. I don't know.

I hope the same and thank you for the supportive input.
mshasan24 wrote:Doodo

Don't feel down we are with you on this train, as long as we know our application are with them and we have fully completed the conditions their is nothing to worry of, its a matter of time, did you send that letter to your MP.

I hope we will receive our documents soon

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 pm

very frustrating .. i wake up in the morning thinking yes today i will be positive and i will get it so i can get on with my life. i go to work, get on with my day and every irritating manager we have to put up with and i get home excited to get the good news. when i turn up nothing for me ! :-(

why is everything in this country treat us like they treat spiders ?

evointheuk wrote:
doodoo2012 wrote:I wish I have some news to share, just waiting... I am feeling really down :(
best wishese
babe khyber
It is really a torture, I understand you, but what can we do? Patience is the best policy :) I was really upset for the biometeic letter which came late before the deadline day, and now it looks like my application is being delayed too :( ,,,, but again, the long waiting has finished, Now its only short waiting remaining :) lets see........ congratulations to the recent successful applicants :) good luck to all

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:57 pm

hi friends
Any good news from august application I don`t know what`s the home office staf doing some of oct application got approvel in jan 2013 but we are still waiting wish all the best who are still waiting
babe khyber

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi, I have applied on the 3rd of September and submitted biometric on the 19th of October and still waiting! No good news 😁!

They have sacked me from the work in October because of expiring my LLR and now I am just waiting with no papers after 9 years of living in UK.

It seems to me that home office is taking piss and making our life harder in state of supporting us.

Regards
Misu

babe_khyber wrote:hi friends
Any good news from august application I don`t know what`s the home office staf doing some of oct application got approvel in jan 2013 but we are still waiting wish all the best who are still waiting
babe khyber

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

There was a news on some news website the other day, criticizing and taking piss at the Syrian government for taking so long, longer than 6 moths for processing passport applications... but as we all know this is a third-world country and in the state of war, so its justifiable.... Whats ironic here is that the UK is considered a first world country yet when it comes to governmental services is really overrated, I mean don't get me wrong, the UK still a great country to live in but a bit overrated in some aspects.....

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

I think we are still the lucky ones..I know some guys have been living here 10 years and still don't have any response from the home office.
evointheuk wrote:There was a news on some news website the other day, criticizing and taking piss at the Syrian government for taking so long, longer than 6 moths for processing passport applications... but as we all know this is a third-world country and in the state of war, so its justifiable.... Whats ironic here is that the UK is considered a first world country yet when it comes to governmental services is really overrated, I mean don't get me wrong, the UK still a great country to live in but a bit overrated in some aspects.....

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

Misu79 wrote:I think we are still the lucky ones..I know some guys have been living here 10 years and still don't have any response from the home office.
evointheuk wrote:There was a news on some news website the other day, criticizing and taking piss at the Syrian government for taking so long, longer than 6 moths for processing passport applications... but as we all know this is a third-world country and in the state of war, so its justifiable.... Whats ironic here is that the UK is considered a first world country yet when it comes to governmental services is really overrated, I mean don't get me wrong, the UK still a great country to live in but a bit overrated in some aspects.....
Do you mean no response to his/her ILR application? gosh that's unbelievable!!