ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikkyraj

Approved Referees

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi

I need some clarification on the approved referees for Naturalisation application.
I am a bit confused with the 1st referee, i have got someone to go as a 2nd referee.
I am aware that your referee should know you personally for over 3 years, and should not be related to you, but my question is can the referee be a friend, as long as they hold some sort of professional standing, which is a requirement on the form.
I have a friend, who is happy to act as a referee and he is a british citizen and a civil servant which fulfills the requirements. But, we are friends and do not share any professional relationship. We know each other through a common friend, and not through work.
Is it ok to write on the form that the person knows me as a friend for both my referees, as both of my friends are british citizens, civil servants and over 25 ?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

bobobo

Re: Approved Referees

Post by bobobo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Friend should be fine, as long as he qualifies and has known you for > 3 years
nikkyraj wrote:Hi

I need some clarification on the approved referees for Naturalisation application.
I am a bit confused with the 1st referee, i have got someone to go as a 2nd referee.
I am aware that your referee should know you personally for over 3 years, and should not be related to you, but my question is can the referee be a friend, as long as they hold some sort of professional standing, which is a requirement on the form.
I have a friend, who is happy to act as a referee and he is a british citizen and a civil servant which fulfills the requirements. But, we are friends and do not share any professional relationship. We know each other through a common friend, and not through work.
Is it ok to write on the form that the person knows me as a friend for both my referees, as both of my friends are british citizens, civil servants and over 25 ?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

nikkyraj

Post by nikkyraj » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks a lot.