ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect details on naturalization certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surya96
Newly Registered

Incorrect details on naturalization certificate

Post by surya96 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 pm

I've recently got naturalization certificate and attended oath ceremony. However there is a small correction on the certificate.

My current name :abcd xyz (first name second name)
Name at birth :abcd( I had only first name earlier, later added second name)

But in the certificate' Name at birth' is left has blank.

Do I have it get it corrected or it that fine to ignore it and apply for passport ?

If I have to get it corrected can I Apply for British Passport 1st then get the certificate corrected?

Any advice on this is much appreciated

Kind Regards,
Surya

bobobo

Re: Incorrect details on naturalization certificate

Post by bobobo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Well can be left blank or you can get this corrected doesnt matter. they would/will add this info to the observation page of your passport anyways.
surya96 wrote:I've recently got naturalization certificate and attended oath ceremony. However there is a small correction on the certificate.

My current name :abcd xyz (first name second name)
Name at birth :abcd( I had only first name earlier, later added second name)

But in the certificate' Name at birth' is left has blank.

Do I have it get it corrected or it that fine to ignore it and apply for passport ?

If I have to get it corrected can I Apply for British Passport 1st then get the certificate corrected?

Any advice on this is much appreciated

Kind Regards,
Surya

surya96
Newly Registered

Correction in naturalization certificate

Post by surya96 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am

Many thanks,

Decided to go ahead without correction so my concern is

1. If they’ve put the observation as name at birth on certificate is blank but I’ve been known as abcd in the past – will this going to be any problem in future? Because this will be mismatch when compared to Naturalization certificate and Passport?

2. Can anyone please advise any way I can contact ukba. I tried to contact using email ‘FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk’ & ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk. And on 08450105200 but no luck

Regards,
Surya

tehmina

Re: Correction in naturalization certificate

Post by tehmina » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 am

i am also in same boat,i had a hyphen between first name and middle name and i send original certificate with copy of current passport,send email but no response,now its 5 weeks and waiting.
will update you once there is any update.

surya96 wrote:Many thanks,

Decided to go ahead without correction so my concern is

1. If they’ve put the observation as name at birth on certificate is blank but I’ve been known as abcd in the past – will this going to be any problem in future? Because this will be mismatch when compared to Naturalization certificate and Passport?

2. Can anyone please advise any way I can contact ukba. I tried to contact using email ‘FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk’ & ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk. And on 08450105200 but no luck

Regards,
Surya

User321
Newly Registered

Post by User321 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi tehmina, I'm in the same situation as you also. Incorrect spelling for name at birth. Posted certificate with cover letter and evidence on 26th feb 2013, but no response at yet. Not sure why its taking so long its been around 4 weeks and can't get through to anyone on the phone number that was on the back of approval letter. Will keep you updated, I hope they get corrected soon.

Tina
Newly Registered

Post by Tina » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi all

Did you have to pay for a fee for the correction? I read the guidance but it is not clear whether I have to pay £88.

Thanks

Tina