ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT does this mean..?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maira

WHAT does this mean..?

Post by Maira » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:00 pm

PLZ CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT DOES THIS MEANS..?

the status is "DECISION MADE"

We started processing your application on March 25, 2003.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:25 pm

As Kayalami said previously, it doesn't necesssarily mean that your application has ben approved. All you can do, I think, is to wait to see what comes in the post.

KV

Post by KV » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:17 am

This is amazing. If you have applied in March 2003 and your decision is made, then you are lucky. I have applied in Oct 2002 and i am still waiting.

Where did you apply from? and how did you come to know that decision is made?

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:37 am

You can check the status of your application on the CIC website, using one of various file numbers and so on that you have.

Try here

KV

Post by KV » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:30 am

Thanks Rhodes, but i keep checking this almost twice a month. All i get is a message ' Processing'...thats it. No updates, nothing. I am yet to send my police clearance certificate though. The PCC in India is valid for 6 months only and so i thought i will send it only when asked, else by the time they see it, it would have expired!!

Can i write to them as mentioned on their website, to know the exact status?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:21 am

CIC will only respond to you if they have exceeded their stated processing time frames. If you write before this your correspondence will get ignored at best or your file opened then put back further in the queue at worst with a later BFD (brought forward date). I would send the PCC with a covering letter including your file number as per the AOR.

Also note that e-client is not a reliable information source as all it states is 'In Process' or 'Decision Made' which could mean anything. If you want a more definitive answer get your CAIPS notes - though they are only worth getting if you receive a 'require interview' decision.

hope that helps.

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:42 am

I have given up checking the CIC site on my application. Once they have made a decision, they will write to me and I will almost certainly get a letter before the website is updated. It would be excellent if it could include a bit moe detail so we know thast progres is being made and the file isn't lost at the botom of a lift shaft somewhere, but then that would take time that might be better spent processing the applications...

KV

Post by KV » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:59 am

Thanks for the info kayalami and rhodes. The so called 'stated' timelines keeps varying. When i applied (from India), the timelines for decision making was 22 - 24 months. Now on the CIC website, it shows 58 months !! So if i consider the timelines when i made an application, my decision should have been conveyed to me by now. Whereas all i see on website is 'under process' status.

I had sent my IELTS score to them last year October and they have still not sent any acknowledgement of the same (they are suppose to acknowledge within 60 days). Nor have they asked for PCC.

What do i do? can you pls suggest.