ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax for past five years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spaceandtime
Newly Registered

Post by spaceandtime » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 am

Form AN requests you to list your addresses for the past five years. Does the UKBA check for outstanding council tax payments for your addresses for the past five years only or at every residence that you've ever lived at in the U.K.?

bobobo

Re: council tax for past five years

Post by bobobo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Nope, IPS/HO might check if you are on the electrol roll which might speed up the process of establishing your footprint/identity
spaceandtime wrote:Form AN requests you to list your addresses for the past five years. Does the UKBA check for outstanding council tax payments for your addresses for the past five years only or at every residence that you've ever lived at in the U.K.?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 am

bobobo wrote:Nope, IPS/HO might check if you are on the electrol roll which might speed up the process of establishing your footprint/identity
spaceandtime wrote:Form AN requests you to list your addresses for the past five years. Does the UKBA check for outstanding council tax payments for your addresses for the past five years only or at every residence that you've ever lived at in the U.K.?
I think the op is asking as they have council tax debt. Has the op had a court summons for non payment of ct? If so have they started paying? Non payment of ct can result in criminal convictions.

spaceandtime
Newly Registered

Post by spaceandtime » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:17 pm

D4109125, no, I haven't received any letters from the council. I'm not aware that I have any debt.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:39 pm

spaceandtime wrote:D4109125, no, I haven't received any letters from the council. I'm not aware that I have any debt.
You wrote "check for outstanding council tax payments " outstanding means you still owe.

downlights

Post by downlights » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:42 pm

Are the 5 years address used for checking tax/council tax payment? ukba should be able to check using NI number.

I have thought the previous addresses are for checking you have 5 years stay in the uk to satisfy the residence requirement.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 am

My reply addressed OP's question. HO/IPS do not check for Outstanding or Due Bills. As long as OP has not been declared Bankrupt it should be all good.
D4109125 wrote:
bobobo wrote:Nope, IPS/HO might check if you are on the electrol roll which might speed up the process of establishing your footprint/identity
I think the op is asking as they have council tax debt. Has the op had a court summons for non payment of ct? If so have they started paying? Non payment of ct can result in criminal convictions.