ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's first passport fast track service - same day?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Child's first passport fast track service - same day?

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Forum,

I am having to travel to my home country on some important family business.

For the same, I am planning to apply for my kid's British passport using the fast track service.

Now the service standards mention it will be on the same day or within the week.

Which one is more likely, can some one who has done this recently provide an idea?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:27 pm

There is no one day service for first child passport.

It would depend how busy IPS are can take a few days (if you are lucky) upto a week (in most cases).

Heisgood

Re: Child's first passport fast track service - same day?

Post by Heisgood » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

I am having to travel to my home country on some important family business.

For the same, I am planning to apply for my kid's British passport using the fast track service.

Now the service standards mention it will be on the same day or within the week.

Which one is more likely, can some one who has done this recently provide an idea?

Regards
Call IPS but had the same issue and fastest they indicated was 1 week, however if you are from a visa free country you can travel with the kid BC certificate and that will be fine. I did this in dec/jan.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:57 am

By travel visa free you mean? I am from India, and her Indian passport is still valid, so we wont have an issue entering India, its coming back into the UK which is scaring us.

Is it possible to enter the UK on an Indian passport (with expired visa) but with British naturalization registration certificate?

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 am

Enter the UK - possible. Getting on flight without a visa - (nearly) impossible.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 pm

I got appointment for next working day on Glasgow IPS and applied for my two kids on last Monday using 1 week service. We received the passports on Wednesday and Thursday respectively. So, it really took us three days to get the process done.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks for inputs Pqek, much appreciated!

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:By travel visa free you mean?
It means you don't need a visa to enter the UK ie example from the US, Canada

I am from India, and her Indian passport is still valid, so we wont have an issue entering India, its coming back into the UK which is scaring us.

Is it possible to enter the UK on an Indian passport (with expired visa) but with British naturalization registration certificate?
I don't recommend this as you need a valid visa to come in from India. I strongly advise to get the kids passports.

Regards
[/quote]
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Hm, thanks Heisgood.

Looks like it is too risky to do anything other than get her british passport before travelling.

Thanks all members for their valuable inputs, ,really appreciate it!