ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Date of application: 16 April 2012
Method: By post
Payment: postal order
Biometrics taken: 8 May 2012
Sent letter to them many times, same answer..... you have to wait

now almost 9 mounth still waitting

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm

@KUJ

Great News mate! so we can now rest assured that we will have to wait 9+ months.

Don't understand why it is taking all this time?

UKBA staff: some respect to our minds please! 9 months and keeping all the originals so we cannot travel or look for work or even open a bank account! shame.

anything can be done about this? apart from the MPs' often useless letters!

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Yes, absolutely it is horrible mate, you feel like leaving in prison. :cry:

Ricoandlola
Newly Registered

Post by Ricoandlola » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Application received 13 August 2012
Fees taken : 15 August 2013
Still waiting.

I hate the way that we are treated, lack of respect.

enk
Newly Registered

Post by enk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am

Hi I am going to have job interview next week. I will need to provide original travel doc or status paper to the employer. Is there any way to expedite my travel document application process. i am waiting for 6 and half months. Has anyone received get any response for your travel document application? Please share your experience

Io23
Newly Registered

Post by Io23 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:40 pm

We have been waiting for about 8 months now and there is still no news! I am sick of waiting as I got a lot of job opportunities but I cant get employed because I dont have any oroginal identification and a copy isnt enough...
I cant go to university because i dont have an id and last week i tried to see a doctor and they cant even accept me as a patient because i dont have id..

After 8, almost 9 months of waiting i think it is about time i received my travel document! I cant find any telephone number on the website as well to contact them... I found one number but after spending 10 mins on the phone and losing 15£ on the phone call there is no on answering, i just hear a tape of a woman saying we should look on the website, but tere is nothing there????

The only thing i can find is that you have to write a letter with a cheque of 10£??? Do any of u know the right number? I would be so happy! And do any of you know how long it is gonna take?? Do they contact u when it is finished?

Thanks!

Misu79

No respect!

Post by Misu79 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Hello everybody,

I don't understand why we as "Refugee" should be treated always differently with no respect ?!
As British citizen you can get your passport on the same day.

I used to travel with the UN refugee travel document several times but on my returns the British immigration authority never respected me or the document. They always treated me differently and stopped me for many hours on the port, while the British and European just scaned them passports and asking me strange questions and treating me as terrorist and I remember once an immigration officer told me that your document is fake!? I always felt so embarrassed and shy front of passengers. Once they picked only me from all the euroline bus passengers and kept me at the port for an interview after 3 hours interview I have to take the next euroline bus to London.

So guys my advice to you don't apply for UN travel document because the authority do not respect it at all and don't expect a travel document holders a warm welcome back home when you arrive at the port..and be prepared for long interviews and waiting times.

Regards
Misu

alex_shvjac

Post by alex_shvjac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:30 pm

my timeline:

Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document)
Method of application: Post (Registered Mail)
Date of application: 20 January 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21 January 2013
Date of debit of fees: 22 January 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 25 January 2013
Date of receipt of travel document: waiting...

Please keep posting your timelines as some people say it takes 6+ months and it is worrying...

Io23
Newly Registered

Re: No respect!

Post by Io23 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Misu79 wrote:Hello everybody,

I don't understand why we as "Refugee" should be treated always differently with no respect ?!

I used to travel with the UN refugee travel document several times but on my returns the British immigration authority never respected me or the document. They always treated me differently and stopped me for many hours on the port, while the British and European just scaned them passports and asking me strange questions and treating me as terrorist and I remember once an immigration officer told me that your document is bad quality!? I always felt so embarrassed and shy front of passengers. Once they picked only me from all the euroline bus passengers and kept me at the port for an interview after 3 hours interview I have to take the next euroline bus to London.

So guys my advice to you don't apply for UN travel document because the authority do not respect it at all and don't expect a travel document holders a warm welcome back home when you arrive at the port..and be prepared for long interviews and waiting times.

Regards
Misu

Hi Misu!
How long did u have to wait till u got your travel document? Do u know a contact number or how to contact them?

Yes it is really ridiculous the way they treath us! No respect or anything!

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 pm

I waited only three weeks to get my travel document but that was in November 2007.

I don't know any number in regards to this matter. However, I don't think phoning them it's any helpful.

When did you apply for your travel document?

Io23 wrote:

I used to travel with the UN refugee travel document several times but on my returns the British immigration authority never respected me or the document. They always treated me differently and stopped me for many hours on the port, while the British and European just scaned them passports and asking me strange questions and treating me as terrorist and I remember once an immigration officer told me that your document is bad quality!? I always felt so embarrassed and shy front of passengers. Once they picked only me from all the euroline bus passengers and kept me at the port for an interview after 3 hours interview I have to take the next euroline bus to London.

Regards
Misu

Hi Misu!
How long did u have to wait till u got your travel document? Do u know a contact number or how to contact them?

Yes it is really ridiculous the way they treath us! No respect or anything!

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:20 am

Regards
Misu
. Hi Misu. Could you please tell us at which airport that had been happend to you, so we can avoid it.

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:16 am

There isn't a particular airport to avoid it..they stop me at all ports.

However, the worst are London's airports including the port of Calais and St Pancras international in London.
kUJ wrote:

Regards
Misu
. Hi Misu. Could you please tell us at which airport that had been happend to you, so we can avoid it.

mirna

Post by mirna » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:30 am

hi all, misu79 do you mean they stop you with the blue convention travel document? I 've travel with the ctd from almost all london airports and eurostar even but alhamdoulilah i have not face any problem with immigration border officers. but i don't understand the delay from th HO for travel document 6months+ is too much. Is it different for those who holds biometric resident permit?

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

hi,
I'm still waiting :( 9 month and half......... Any news guys......!!!!

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:14 am

nothing from me unfortunately. still waiting!

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 pm

I sent my documents the other day, they probably received my letter by now>> reading this thread made me a bit depressed but inn shaa Allah khayr

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi, is any one can advice what we can do, eg.... Go to solicitor .....!!! ..... I think 10 month waiting is too much...... Plz guys helppppppppp :cry:

enk
Newly Registered

Post by enk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 pm

I have been waiting for 7 months. My assumption is that probably UKBA is not currently issuing any convention travel document as they have a huge backlog to deal with due to biometrics been introduced. So I think they are giving priority to BRP applicants not us. None of us has received travel document or response for our applications since April last year. When my MP contacted UKBA, he was told that they are experiencing an increased workload because of BRP which was started Feb 2012. I am considering to cancel my application if I don't get an response within few weeks time.

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Thank you enk...... How you ganna travel then... Is there is possibility to trave with your home country passport? If so, is that won't affect nagatively on your case? Please advice.

enk
Newly Registered

Post by enk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Of course none of us can travel without travel doc. That's why I applied for one. But I had to cancel all my travelling plans because of the delay in processing time that we all experiencing now. I also missed quite many job opportunities as my status paper is being held as part of the application.

The only reason why I am thinking to withdraw my travel document application as I am going to have job interview next month. I will need my status paper to prove my eligibility to the employer.

kUJ
Newly Registered

Post by kUJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 pm

enk wrote:Of course none of us can travel without travel doc. That's why I applied for one. But I had to cancel all my travelling plans because of the delay in processing time that we all experiencing now. I also missed quite many job opportunities as my status paper is being held as part of the application.

The only reason why I am thinking to withdraw my travel document application as I am going to have job interview next month. I will need my status paper to prove my eligibility to the employer.
. I went to solicitor last week and he told me that he can bring it to me within 4 weeks, but his fees quit expensive. What do you think......???

mirna

Post by mirna » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:44 pm

hi guys, did you send the original BRP with the convention travel document? Is confusing!becoz i sent the photocopy only.

mirna

Post by mirna » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 am

any news guys?

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello everyone, I need your help on completing the travel document application
A-What do I put in section 3
3 . 3 Please give below the details of any previous immigration applications in any name you have made in either the
UK or abroad. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with this application form

3.4 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application
made in the UK or abroad?

B-Please give details in the box below of any of the listed documents you hold. These documents must be
submitted with your application and must be originals. Failure to provide these original documents will
delay your application and may result in its refusal.

Biometric Residence Permits (BRP). Photocopy of BRP showing your current leave to remain and status
or original expired BRP

My question is: DO I SEND ORIGINAL OR PHOTOCOPY of the BRP??????????

Thanks ever so much

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm

again nothing from me. still waiting!