ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success in Solihull on Feb 1st

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

diwakar21
Newly Registered

ILR Success in Solihull on Feb 1st

Post by diwakar21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Dear friends,
It's my turn to say thanks to all the members of the forum and special thanks to all who responded to my queries. My ILR application was successful in Solihull PEO on Feb 1st and would like to share the whole process.

Category: 2 years of HSMP + 3 years Tier 1(General)
Form: SET(O)
Applicants: 2 (Main + 1 Dependent)
First entered to UK: 54 days late from the date of entry clearance
Number days absence: 84 days

Appointment time was at 10:00 and I reached the PEO by 9:30
1. Security check
Asked for the appointment letter, officer cross verified that with his list, asked me to take out all the items from the pocket and place it in the tray. Other officer asked me to walk through the metal detector and then asked me to take back all the items placed in the tray. Same officer told me, he will give the ticket/token number in 10 mins and asked me to be seated.

2. We settled down in the waiting area, after 10 mins a lady came and gave me the token number and the information sheet, back side of this sheet has the feedback form and asked me to keep the token until the end of the whole process and requested to hand over the feedback form at the end.

3. Came back to my seat and Waited for 15-20 mins and my number was called (I think at around 10:10AM)

4. Went to the counter
a. Caseworker greeted me and asked me to take the seat.

b. Asked for the application form, handed over the application form, she checked few pages (Payment, absence, earnings and the signatures)

c. Asked for the passport, I gave mine and my wife's passport
NOTE: I booked the appointment for 3 (me, my wife and my daughter who born in UK) but I gave two passports, case worker told you have booked for 3 applicants, I replied I will apply for citizenship directly for my daughter, she said 'fair enough'. I asked if that is not allowed, then I am fine to apply for my daughter as well, she said 'that is up to you' then I kept quite.
KEY: I prepared two sets of application one for 1 dependent and other for 2 dependent :)

d. She asked for the payslips, gave her 12 months payslips

e. Asked for the bank statements, gave her 12 months bank statements, she then verified each payslip with the bank statement.

f. She asked for the Life in UK pass letters, gave her both the pass letters, she checked that and informed the test results, me and my wife scored the same marks with only 1 wrong she congratulated us with big smile :)

g. She asked for address proof for my wife, I gave her the current address proof (council letter, council tax bills and utility bills) which was covering for 1 year (Feb 2012 to date), she picked one utility bill and kept aside. She asked for other document for previous one year, I gave her the other bunch with joint bank statements and the credit card statements. She verified that and randomly picked 2 sheets from that bunch and kept aside and gave other documents back

h. She verified few things in the system and marked something on her sheet, this took around 2 mins. She then said everything is fine and need to do one last check which will take 5 mins. I said ok

i. She went inside and came back quickly (I think with in 2 mins) and said, congratulations your application is approved for Indefinite leave to remain and you can remain in UK indefinitely. I thanked her with a big smile. She then explained the further process of how to make a payment and the biometric process. She dint asked me any photo copies or anything. She kept the payslips, bank statements and for dependent she kept one utility bill and couple of joint bank a/c statements and told she will give back the original documents with the decision letter.

5. Payment process, I moved on towards the payment counter, waited for a min a person called me and asked for the payment form and the debit card, he verified all the details entered in the form against the card and gave the card back confirming all the details are correct and he will process the payment. Again he informed me to wait in the waiting area for the biometric process.
The above process (4 & 5) took around 10 mins.

6. Came back to the waiting area with big relax, waited for around 20 mins, my number was called for biometric enrollment. I moved to the biometric counter.
a. Lady greeted me and asked for the passports

b. I gave her two passports (mine and my wife's) again she asked there are 3 applicants. I replied her saying the same as I did earlier i.e I said, I am not including my daughter as I will apply for her citizenship. She was fine with that.

c. She verified some information, scanned my passport and she print one form with two questions. I filled in and gave it back

d. She asked me to place the fingers, I placed right hand first, then left hand and the two thumbs at a time, then she asked me to face towards the camera, she taken the pic and then said to wait in the waiting area. It was same process for my wife. We moved back to the waiting area

7. Again I waited for 20-25 mins in the waiting area, officer came to me and informed payment process gone through without any issues and all your biometric information is processed. We need one and half hours time to complete the process, meanwhile if you want to leave the office you can leave and come back by 1:00 to collect the confirmation letter and the original documents.

8. Thanked him and out for lunch.

9. Came back at around 1:20PM, everything was ready in the reception. Lady handed over the 2 confirmation letters, one for me and other for my wife and informed that I will receive the biometric residence permit in 7-10 working days though private courier. I thanked her with big smile. She asked me "Do you know how the biometric card looks like", I said "No". There was sample card sticked on the glass window and told "this is how it looks". Again I thanked her and came out. Gone through the letter, everything was fine. I filled in the feedback form and went inside to hand over the feedback form. Lady in the reception was very happy and thanked me (with a big smile and loud voice). That's it, that's the end of the whole process and I started my journey towards home with big relax.

Documents carried
Main documents
SET(O) form, Passport, 12 Months payslips, 12 Months bank statements, Last year P60, Current employer letter, Life in UK pass letters, Points calculation print out

Cohab
Letter from council, Council tax bills, Utility bills, Joint bank statements, Credit card statement (All with my name and my wife's name mentioned on it), Marriage certificate, Life in UK pass letter

Additional Main documents
Payslips, P60s and bank statements of previous 4 years, previous employer letter, educational certificates

Additional cohab document
NHS letters

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS "ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE AND IT MIGHT CHANGE FOR OTHER APPLICANTS DEPENDS ON THE CASE AND THE CASEWORKER. THE ABOVE INFORMATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ALL THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DEALT IN THE SAME WAY AS MENTIONED ABOVE".

Sorry for this lengthy email.

Thanks again to this forum and good luck for the others :). Special thanks to wpilr_nov12 who responded to all my questions.

Now waiting for the biometric cards and started preparing for registering my daughter as a Citizen.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success in Solihull on Feb 1st

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Congr8, Great man....Could you please let me know what is appointment letter ? Is this is the same mail which we got from UKBA?

sudeepforu
Newly Registered

Congrats!

Post by sudeepforu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Congrats Dude!

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It really helped me to understand what goes on in PEO when we apply for ILR.

diwakar21
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

@rubina20102010, Yes, It is the same email confirmation of the appointment. Just print that and carry with you

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Congrats Diwakar !!

You have mentioned that you carried last year P60 and current employment letter with you. Looks like the case worker didnt ask it? You did not submit it is it?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Congratulations. Thank you for your advise. Each Case worker is different
like each application is unique.. My friend came acroos one at Croydon,he thought he was from MI5, So serious and No smile.

firangi

Post by firangi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Diwakar

Congratulations to start with.

You have said "First entered to UK: 54 days late from the date of entry clearance "

As per my knowledge, "entry clearance" means the day you entered UK and not when your visa started.
As per UKBA guidance, one is expected to apply 28 days before "entry clearance" and not "visa start date".

Did you had to apply 28 days before the visa expired, as otherwise your 28th day would have fallen after your visa expiry?

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks

F

diwakar21
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm

@kevin, thanks :)

@firangi, entry clearance = visa I got it for the first time back in 2008.
I got my visa in Feb 2008 and entered to UK for the first time on April 2008, there was a gap of 54 days between first time I got my visa and the first time I entered to UK.
yes, one should apply 28 days before the current visa expires.

@SU2012, yes case worker dint ask me the employer letter and I dint submit that though I had the employer letter. I just gave her what she asked for :)