ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RanaJi
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Misu, dont worry, your time is same as me. i got my ILR last week so u gona get very soon too
:D

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm

No! I mean that they don't have any leave..and their cases still being prossesd by the home office.
evointheuk wrote:
Misu79 wrote:I think we are still the lucky ones..I know some guys have been living here 10 years and still don't have any response from the home office.
evointheuk wrote:There was a news on some news website the other day, criticizing and taking piss at the Syrian government for taking so long, longer than 6 moths for processing passport applications... but as we all know this is a third-world country and in the state of war, so its justifiable.... Whats ironic here is that the UK is considered a first world country yet when it comes to governmental services is really overrated, I mean don't get me wrong, the UK still a great country to live in but a bit overrated in some aspects.....
Do you mean no response to his/her ILR application? gosh that's unbelievable!!

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Dear Rana,

Thank you for your message..honestly, I am not worry..just disappointed with the way they treat us..why it's take so long time? Could just some from the home office explain to us what are they doing six month to process an application? Why we should lose our jobs because of their service? Why we can not travel for six month and sometimes longer? At the end as consequences why we should suffer?
RanaJi wrote:Misu, dont worry, your time is same as me. i got my ILR last week so u gona get very soon too

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:58 am

Nothing has turned up, I have called my solicitor today and asked him why is taking that long?

he have replied to me that its for nationality wise, for example he said Eritreans are the quickest nationality who recieve within four months and normally their ILR have not delay within the four months.

he told me the rest of the nations is different, so if you are having such a kind of information please share with us.

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am

I'm an Iraqi, My application has been delayed! So if the speed of processing depends on nationality, I shall no longer wonder :lol:

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: ILR WAITTING AUGUST APPLICATION

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 am

I don`t think there is delaying as matter of nationaltiy espeacilly on route of set protection anyway we are still suffor on the home office staff bed services like some one end of september application got ILR after x mess but we are still waiting even i sabmit in august last year till now nothing heard anything i think the home office willing to hardding to gain citizen ship before october 2013
best wishese
babe khyber

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am

Sharing some of my friends timelines, although not in details:

One friend: Applied 17th October, got his biometric letter dated 24th Jan
One friend: Applied end of August 2012 with his family, they got a letter of granting ILR this week and BRP card to follow.

So hopefully you guys who applied in august it's just a matter of time.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

RanaJi
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Misu79 wrote:Dear Rana,

Thank you for your message..honestly, I am not worry..just disappointed with the way they treat us..why it's take so long time? Could just some from the home office explain to us what are they doing six month to process an application? Why we should lose our jobs because of their service? Why we can not travel for six month and sometimes longer? At the end as consequences why we should suffer?
RanaJi wrote:Misu, dont worry, your time is same as me. i got my ILR last week so u gona get very soon too
Misu, unfortunately its the price we have to pay but when u get your ILR u gona foget it and live very happy life :wink:

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 pm

I don’t think it has to do with nationality, it may be down to each individual case.

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Hello Again

Can all the August Club friends whom their applications are still pending update and share with us their exact time slots how to know each other, I know Doodo is our senior here applied back 3rd of July 2012 and many friends have received their ILR last week and week before.

I will start my self

Applied: 24th Of August 2012
home Office Recieved: next Day
Biometric Received: 18 October 2012
Biometric Enrolled 24th of October 2012
My Case still Pending no decision yet.

We are a family of husband, wife and 8 months old baby

I look forward to hear your cases too, this will simplify us to know each other and gather our pace again.

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:07 pm

because I am the senior member according to "mshasan24",

my time line,

application sent 03.07.1912
1st biometric 17.10.2012. Only me.
2nd biometric 15.11.2012 Only Wife.
3rd biometric 22.11.2012 Both.
called on 15.01.2013. All I was told "Processing application, can't see any more info to tell you sorry"

family of me and wife. wife was not on first application, I got married 1 year ago.

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route Applications

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 am

All Sucessful Friends who have already given their time line...

My question to them will be... do they mind to tell us following information.

1. Was their refugee case accepted by the Case worker ? If no was it accepted by the Immigration Tribunal ? If No was their case accepted at higher court....

And then if we can have their time line... Because this way we will be able to assess is it faster if a case worker accepted a case in the first place....or its faster when a higher court has made a decision because the original decision was wrong.....

As it clearly says in the notes, they need time to review the case, So i am imagining the casees which took longer to decide in the first place will take longer to get a revievw for their settelment. Again each case will depend on its indivisual circumstances but it will be a rough guide for us who are waiting to hear from them how long possibly can take depending on information received and comparing it with our circumstances.

Where as our friend Doodoo2012 is concerned:

After looking into her following time line....

called on 15.01.2013. All I was told "Processing application, can't see any more info to tell you sorry"

In my personel opinion the time took by UkBa is fine as techniqually the final biometric information recorded was taken on 22.11.2012. Therefore I strongly beleive it should take end of Feb 2013 or 1st week of March. As in an average its taking rougly 3 months once you have recorded your biometric information.
The blunder made by BRP department is puting weight on unreasonable delay.
I do feel sorry but the actual result matters waiting time doesn't matter in my opinion. Its painful but according to the newspaper the other day some people have been waiting for 10 since they applied for their residence where one of the spouse is setteled person in U.K.

I hope it will help Doodoo To increase his/her patience....

Meanwhile I will like everybody else like baby _kyber , Olizo.... and etc to be patient as I am also waiting just like them.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Sharing some info
Today received a letter from UKBA for biometric enrolment

Timeline:
Application submitted 20/12/2012
Biometric letter received 02/02/2013 dated 29/01/2013

Will be submitting it on Monday
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Misu79

Re: Set Protection Route Applications

Post by Misu79 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:59 pm

I think all is up to the government's policies and targets which are based on publics opinion about the immigration..I would say its all politically motivated.
shairee_mashriq wrote:All Sucessful Friends who have already given their time line...

My question to them will be... do they mind to tell us following information.

1. Was their refugee case accepted by the Case worker ? If no was it accepted by the Immigration Tribunal ? If No was their case accepted at higher court....

And then if we can have their time line... Because this way we will be able to assess is it faster if a case worker accepted a case in the first place....or its faster when a higher court has made a decision because the original decision was wrong.....

As it clearly says in the notes, they need time to review the case, So i am imagining the casees which took longer to decide in the first place will take longer to get a revievw for their settelment. Again each case will depend on its indivisual circumstances but it will be a rough guide for us who are waiting to hear from them how long possibly can take depending on information received and comparing it with our circumstances.

Where as our friend Doodoo2012 is concerned:

After looking into her following time line....

In my personel opinion the time took by UkBa is fine as techniqually the final biometric information recorded was taken on 22.11.2012. Therefore I strongly beleive it should take end of Feb 2013 or 1st week of March. As in an average its taking rougly 3 months once you have recorded your biometric information.
The blunder made by BRP department is puting weight on unreasonable delay.
I do feel sorry but the actual result matters waiting time doesn't matter in my opinion. Its painful but according to the newspaper the other day some people have been waiting for 10 since they applied for their residence where one of the spouse is setteled person in U.K.

I hope it will help Doodoo To increase his/her patience....

Meanwhile I will like everybody else like baby _kyber , Olizo.... and etc to be patient as I am also waiting just like them.

Misu79

UKBA IS CORRUPT

Post by Misu79 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Dear friends,

What do you think of UKBA service?

UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new cases

Is this mean that Home office will fasten the way the applications are dealt with?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495

ousy2013
Newly Registered

Post by ousy2013 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi, everyone,

We received our ILR. The timeline lies below:

Applied: 20th of Sep. 2012 (last day of the valid application day)
Home Office Received: next Day
Biometric Received: 21 Nov. 2012
Biometric Enrolled 28th of Nov. 2012
Reveived ILR 31/01/2013.

We are an adult and a son. Very Happy!

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 pm

ousy2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 pm Post subject:
Hi, everyone,

Reveived ILR 31/01/2013.

Dear Ousy2013

Well, I think your application was the fastest, I ever found on this forum. Wish you all the best in future. and Congratulations ............
thanks for taking your time to share the time line for your application cheers.....

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Set Protection Route

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 am

shairee_mashriq wrote:
ousy2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 pm Post subject:
Hi, everyone,

Reveived ILR 31/01/2013.

Dear Ousy2013

Well, I think your application was the fastest, I ever found on this forum. Wish you all the best in future. and Congratulations ............
thanks for taking your time to share the time line for your application cheers.....

Hi OUSY2013 Cangratulation
could you share your application route Did you applied on set protection route or other route i hope you will repliy soon best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Congratulations.. all the best and cheers for sharing info.

ousy2013 wrote:Hi, everyone,

Reveived ILR 31/01/2013.

ousy2013
Newly Registered

Post by ousy2013 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks! shairee_mashriq, babe_khyber and doodoo2012, You will get the ILR sooner or later! I applied on set protection route on 20/09/2012. I called 3 times to chase the information before I got the ILR/BRP. All the Best!

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 pm

ousy2013 wrote:Thanks! shairee_mashriq, babe_khyber and doodoo2012, You will get the ILR sooner or later! I applied on set protection route on 20/09/2012. I called 3 times to chase the information before I got the ILR/BRP. All the Best!

What kind of information did they hand to you on the phone? All I got before the biometric nothing sent then something sent. After the biometric processing application. All them answers with no further information, all what they say, we don't know, we can't tell you more as we can not see anything else and wait.

shairee_mashriq

set Protedction Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 am

ousy2013

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! shairee_mashriq, babe_khyber and doodoo2012, You will get the ILR sooner or later! I applied on set protection route on 20/09/2012. I called 3 times to chase the information before I got the ILR/BRP. All the Best!
Can I ask you a favour, If you can explain what you mean by " I called 3 times to chase the information before I got the ILR/BRP . "

How did you chased them.... I am trying to understand and at the same time trying to establish does calling helps .........to speed up the application.....?????????????????????

We will be grateful if you can throw some light on it on the forum so everybody on the forum can get help and idea.

thanks once again........for taking your time to read this and respond.

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 am

Hello Shariee Mashriq

I think you are the August Club, can you share with me your timeline please, to shed some light on the question you have asked, I have sent a letter to Liverpool PC before the chrismas through my solicitor, we have requested them to let us know if they have approved my case.

on 10th of January I have received a letter from UKBA Liverpool through my solicitor and they only stated four lines on the letter quoting "our processing time is 95% within six months, please don't contact us before this time and don't make any routine contacts by phone or sending letters because that is turning our resources away, if we need any further details from you about your case one of the case holders will contact you" that was the content I have received from them

so please don't contact the UKBA before the six months time otherwise that may delay the process of your application.

after the six months you have every right to write to them asking why its taking that long.

ousy2013
Newly Registered

Post by ousy2013 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi, doodoo2012 and shairee_mashriq, I called 3 times, the first and second were for chasing the Biometric enrollment, I asked them whether my address had changed, the ladies later told me that my mail still unopen, not processing yet. The third time was in early Jan. 2013, the lady told me no further information, but I said: My son will have German exchange lessons, could it be possible for my application quicker?

Hoping I can help!

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re ilr set protection route processing time

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Hello friends
Any new good news from august application? today i went to my solicitor to find out what can i do i am still waiting but the solicitor said you are not allow to call them or sand a letter caz the home office said in biometrics letter processing time 6month that is why you still waiting it may be at end of feb 2013
best wishes
babe khyber
Last edited by babe_khyber on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.