ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doodoo2012

Re: re ilr processing time

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am

Congratulations. All the best for the rest ... Thank you for sharing.

But sorry I think you are on the wrong thread. We are all refugees here non of us had tier visa neither applied through set (o). We are all applied using set (protection route)

babe_khyber wrote:
ousy2013 wrote:Hi, doodoo2012 and shairee_mashriq, I called 3 times, the first and second were for chasing the Biometric enrollment, I asked them whether my address had changed, the ladies later told me that my mail still unopen, not processing yet. The third time was in early Jan. 2013, the lady told me no further information, but I said: My son will have German exchange lessons, could it be possible for my application quicker?

Hoping I can help!

hello friend`s
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm Post subject: ILR Granted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, some good news via my lawyer, via my MP today - ILR approved!

Complete timeline below:

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous residency: 5 years (Tier 1/HSMP)
Date Applied: 19/06/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 21/06/2012
Payment: NOT PROCESSED
Application returned for failed payment: 08/08/12 (letter dated 03/08/12)

Date Resubmitted: 09/08/2012
Type of payment: Credit Card
Date of payment: 17/08/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 17/08/2012
Biometric letter: 16/11/12 (dated 13/11/12)
Biometrics done: 17/11/12
Date of approval: unsure (approx 31st Jan)
Documents Received: 04/02/13 (received at lawyers office)
BRP Received: 05/02/13 (also received at lawyers office)

hi everyone
Is a possaible to applicant received ILR through solicitor`s or MP

best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

mshasan24

Shaire Mashriq

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 am

Shaire Mashriq

I am very sorry but you are on the wrong thread, this thread was the set protection route in another words those folks whom their REFUGEES or humanitarian limited leave to remain has expired and applied for ILR also knnown as again SET PROTECTION ROUTE and home office will not charge a penny for their applications its free of charge for them. it is not for the SET O applicants or any other.

Again congratulation but our cases are very different from you, again let me elucidate or define what this thread is, this thread is for only SET PROTECTION ROUTE for those whom their five years Refugees or Humanitarian status have completed and applied ILR. if your case is not for set protection please kindly search your concerned thread on this immigration board forum, and don't blend in here as every one is counting for the other person's case, please let me kindly request Shaire to delete her/his timeline here as its not concerned in this thread

I hope this will enlighten our misunderstanding

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re ilr set protection route processing time

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello friends Any good news from august set protection route application are there are any onee received it or still waiting like me i am nearly reach the 6 month timeline everyday i am thinking today will be my last day of waiting but no one coming my door even normal post i did not received i don`t know why
best wishes
babe khyber

Misu79

Protection Route

Post by Misu79 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Sharing a friend's timeline,

A married couple applied 13/11/2012.

A wife received her biometric letter 03/01/13 and submitted it next day and her ILR approved on 31/01/2013. Received her biometric card on the 05/02/2013.

A husband still pending even no biometric letter received yet.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Protection Route

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Misu79 wrote:Sharing a friend's timeline,

A wife received her biometric letter 03/01/13 and submitted it next day and her ILR approved on 31/01/2013. Received her biometric card on the 05/02/2013.

Congratulation misu79 about your wife ILR approvel and why you didn`t received biometrics did you applied at same time Who`s main applicant? you or your wife
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 pm

It's not my wife. She is my friend's wife.
He is is the main applicant and he dosn't know why too but he contacted them a couple times and they told him just wait we will send you.
babe_khyber wrote:

Congratulation misu79 about your wife ILR approvel and why you didn`t received biometrics did you applied at same time Who`s main applicant? you or your wife
best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Misu79 wrote:It's not my wife. She is my friend's wife.
He is is the main applicant and he dosn't know why too but he contacted them a couple times and they told him just wait we will send you.
babe_khyber wrote:

best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

misu79 what is your timeline could you share with us again
best wishes

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm

babe_khyber and Misu79

Thank you very much for updating the thread, I could not understand how a couple with the same application can be seperated , though it may be possible it can be for number of factors like if the husband committed a crime, or something else and they are contemplating what they could do.

Again I am still waiting and insha allah willing to look forward something in the coming days, and wishing all of you for good news in this week.

Please update us any tiny or bit of news you got at your end as that will encourage all of us.

again thank you babe_kheybar and Misu79

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello Again

All;

I have kindly requested you recently if we can all repeat our timeline inorder to know each other, Doodo have only answered, this will absolutely stand with good stead for our long wait. i will start my self again

1. I have applied set protection route on 24th of August 2012
2. Biometric Letters received 18th October 2012
3. Enrolled my Biometric on 24th of October
4. I have contacted the UKBA through my solicitor by letter on 22nd of December to find out the progress and if my application has been approved
5. I have received a reply on 14th of January and the Home Office stated on the letter "our processing time is on our website which is 95% of applications been decided within six months, please don't make a routine contacts before the six months as this will turn away our resource to resolve the applications, how ever you can contact us if you change your address, if we need you further details one of the UKBA collegues will contact you"
5.. My application with my wife and baby still pending and I have not make any further query as they requested.

Please can you share with us your timeline.

Misu79

Protection route

Post by Misu79 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 pm

My timeline:

Applied: on the 31/08/2012.

Biometric letter: received on the 18/10/2012 which was dated on the 09/10/2012 and biometric has been submitted on the 19/10/12.

ILR: still pending.😬😬😬😬😬

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 am

Hello All

This is not a good news for us just read this article from liverpool daily post news paper

Liverpool Daily Post news paper has reported that UP TO 1,200 workers at the UK Border Agency in Liverpool were set to be balloted for strike action today in support of a colleague they claim was sacked because of his activities as a union representative, I think this strike has effected our application process, please read this article on liverpool daily post news paper

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liv ... z2KAzO9rYm

also this same news was reported by ITV channel look here More than 1,200 members of the Public and Commercial Services union at a UKBA site in Liverpool will be balloted on whether to launch a campaign of industrial action, which could start in mid-February. to read this article follow this link http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/ ... -balloted/

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:36 am

Hello Again

I need to update you about the UKBA Liverpool Strike, I found another amazing story online just read this report from the PUBLIC COMMERCIAL SERVICES UNION which they are enlightening the root of the dispute between the UKBA management and around 1200 UKBA Liverpool Staffs which aparently may be included dept 21 which handles the set protection route applications in another words (our applications) follow this link to find more information about the strike
http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/home_office_group/index.cfm

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 am

babe_kheybar

your post you submitted earlier has been removed ??
I thought you applied through SET(O) and clearly as stated this is a SET Protection route forum.

Please can I remind you all, don't confuse yourselves, as you might cause disruption and anxiety to the others here.
Hence I would call for all those who applied via another route other than SET Protection to state here and find their particular forum

Best Wishes to all.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 pm

sounds like another f**k up, we had Olympics , Xmas and now strike. What is next ? revolution on the Queen and the royal family ?
mshasan24 wrote:Hello Again

I need to update you about the UKBA Liverpool Strike, I found another amazing story online just read this report from the PUBLIC COMMERCIAL SERVICES UNION which they are enlightening the root of the dispute between the UKBA management and around 1200 UKBA Liverpool Staffs which aparently may be included dept 21 which handles the set protection route applications in another words (our applications) follow this link to find more information about the strike

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:sounds like another f**k up, we had Olympics , Xmas and now strike. What is next ? revolution on the Queen and the royal family ?

I wouldn't panic yet, normally such a strike will be evident on the UKBA site which doesn't mention anything about it.

Doodo did you contact your MP?
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Misu79

Post by Misu79 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm

doodoo2012 I strongly recommend you to contact you MP and Refugee Council.

quote="doodoo2012"]sounds like another f**k up, we had Olympics , Xmas
and now strike. What is next ? revolution on the Queen and the royal family ?

[/quote]

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

I called up yesterday to book to see our MP. The assistant on the phone took my details and said the mp has immigration assistant who is in touch always with the home office. They took my details and not heard anything yet. I guess I should give it a week and chase it up.

Someone told me today, don't try to push it as it is not a good idea and better just to wait. What do you think guys ?

Peterpan81 wrote:
doodoo2012 wrote:sounds like another f**k up, we had Olympics , Xmas and now strike. What is next ? revolution on the Queen and the royal family ?

I wouldn't panic yet, normally such a strike will be evident on the UKBA site which doesn't mention anything about it.

Doodo did you contact your MP?

evointheuk
Newly Registered

Post by evointheuk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Finally the home office has gladdened my heart :)
My time line:
14/8 application received by home office
19/10 biometrics sent
2/2 ILR issued

My other friend(with his family) time line:
29/09/12 application received by home office
22/01/13 ILR issued ... quite quick actually

I still havn't heared from my other friend who passed 6 months without hearing anything from HO :( , i will keep you undated on that soon i hear from him.....

Good luck to everyone waiting, as you can see I was delayed but finally got it, so you delayed guys never worry, be patient is coming
:lol:

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

RE ILR SET PROTECTION ROUTE PROCESSING TIME

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Hello friends
Congratulation to grant ILR best wishes for the rest today I received called from MP immigration addviser and took my home office ref she said i will be calling back but i did not heard any call it may be taking some time for reply from the home office
babe khyber

Ghaidary
Newly Registered

After a long time i got ilr

Post by Ghaidary » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello Friends,
I have been a silent observer for this topic, my timeline is as follows,
Application posted: 22/08/2012
Received by HO: 24/08/2012
Biometric received: 07/11/2012 & submitted same date
BRP received: 08/02/2013, today

Best of Luck to all of you guys, and who will apply in future, all of you will get their ILR so do not worry,

Babe Khyber as our timeline was almost same wish you luck & hope you will get yours soon.

Once again thanks alot all of you guys for supporting eachother and there may be silent observer like me wish them luck as well.

Thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: After a long time i got ilr

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Congratulation "Ghaidary" i am same as you I received on7th november bio letter dated 03/nov but submitted on 10th november then waiting till now anyway good luck to you and other who allready long waiting best wishes for the rest
babe khyber

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Dear Friends And Especially mshasan24

I will like to thanks for everybody who has been contributing with their line of progress with respect to Set protection Route Applications.

Also I will like to thank and congratulate the silent observers and the members who have received their BRP with the ILR. Their patience has been fruitful, God bless them all & inclusing us ; I wish them all the best...

Now My friend Msasan24, first of all I like to confirm you yes part of my house hold family members have made an application under set protection route and some members have made a different application. I have gone through this and I do understand what is set protection route. But thanks for taking your time with an intention to help this forum but you have addressed me by a mistake.

Following is a copy of your message
mshasan24
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 am Post subject: Shaire Mashriq
Shaire Mashriq

I am very sorry but you are on the wrong thread, this thread was the set protection route in another words those folks whom their REFUGEES or humanitarian limited leave to remain has expired and applied for ILR also knnown as again SET PROTECTION ROUTE and home office will not charge a penny for their applications its free of charge for them. it is not for the SET O applicants or any other.

Again congratulation but our cases are very different from you, again let me elucidate or define what this thread is, this thread is for only SET PROTECTION ROUTE for those whom their five years Refugees or Humanitarian status have completed and applied ILR. if your case is not for set protection please kindly search your concerned thread on this immigration board forum, and don't blend in here as every one is counting for the other person's case, please let me kindly request Shaire to delete her/his timeline here as its not concerned in this thread

I hope this will enlighten our misunderstanding

Therefore for this reason, I am safe to say any information, I am posting here is based on set protection route application. I hope it answers your concern you addressed on page 19 of this forum.

The second thing is I am not in August Club, I am in January 2013 club.....

Meanwhile guys, its just a threat until now for a strike at liverpool office. I hope it remains threat.... lets keep our fingers crossed.......

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Shaire Mashriq

Please don't get me wrong I was only illustrating your timeline specifications which has defined that you applied SETO protection, and I was meant to correct you that this threat is for the SET PROTECTION ROUTE, you did not mention once that you have family members.

any way we are as a family here in this thread, unknown, unseen but with the same boat and the same circumstance, and if you get me wrong please accept my sincere apology as I was only correcting you.

wishing you for the best and every one in this thread

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:09 am

Dear mshasan24

No worries... Wish you all the best..... No need to appologize, As I said you had the intention to make the forum more focused and productive... I know where you were comming from....... Lets hope for the best.....

Wish you and everybody all the best.......

Newly Registered

Got Our ILR today

Post by 407004 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Dear Guys
Its been a tremendously long journey
But finally , after a long wait , we just received our ILR today
My family of 5 applied together as dependents
And our timeline is as follows

Application for set protection route submitted 20/09/2012
Biometric enrollment letter received dated 27/11/2012
ILR approved = 5/02/2013
ILR and few documents received - 9/2/2013
I Firstly thank Allah for giving me such patience to stay calm
And i thank all of you in this forum for giving me huge motivation and a level of hope
Dear all members, I will pray for you all to receive your ILR as soon as possible, because sometimes i can understand the patience can get overwhelming
Thank you all for your support
Now time to renew My convention travel document, and God i am hoping it wont take long
May Allah keep giving us strength always
Take care Everyone, i'll keep posting about relevant stuff if needed
:)
Asta