ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mabilla1
Newly Registered

Accommodation

Post by mabilla1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 am

Hi all,

I want to invite my wife and 3 children as my dependants on my tier 1 PSW but I currently live in a one bedroom flat. Since the tenancy agreement doesn't state the number rooms, can I submit this tenancy agreement as proof of accommodation for my 4 dependants? I'm already looking for proper 3 bedroom house to rent before they come but they want to apply tomorrow with the 1 bed tenancy agreement. Please advise.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 am

You need actual proof that the accommodation is suitable. If this is not immediately clear from the documents you provide, it's likely the applications will be refused.

319H(l) All arrangements for the child's care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.

mabilla1
Newly Registered

Post by mabilla1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

Thank u very much for your advise. But no tenancy agreement states the size of the accommodation. All tenancy agreement I've seen only states name, amount and address. So even if I currently live in a 3 bed house how do I immediately clarify that the size is 3 bed since the tenancy will not show it? Please advise on how it can be immediately clear from my documents that the accommodation is suitable? I appreciate.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:55 am

mabilla1 wrote:So even if I currently live in a 3 bed house how do I immediately clarify that the size is 3 bed since the tenancy will not show it? .

Have you heard of a camera? Takes some snaps of the inside and outside. Make sure you can see the number of rooms and house number. Add this to the tenancy agreement in the bundle.

mabilla1
Newly Registered

Post by mabilla1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks so much for this.
So do you advise that I just stop them from applying tomorrow and wait till I rent the 3 bed house so I can take the pictures. If your answer is yes, and I do sign a new tenancy agreement say tomorrow, Can I just submit the new tenancy docs and pics together with the current 1 bed agreement (since the current one shows council tax and bills in my name). Then explain in my invite letter that I'll be moving into the 3 bed on the start date of the agreement (say next month) with my family?

I appreciate your advise.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Re: Accommodation

Post by AUHS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 am

mabilla1 wrote:Hi all,

I want to invite my wife and 3 children as my dependants on my tier 1 PSW but I currently live in a one bedroom flat. Since the tenancy agreement doesn't state the number rooms, can I submit this tenancy agreement as proof of accommodation for my 4 dependants? I'm already looking for proper 3 bedroom house to rent before they come but they want to apply tomorrow with the 1 bed tenancy agreement. Please advise.
Tenancy agreement not required for point based dependants.Please read the Ukba Guidence.

I myself applied for my wife plus 3 kids.Did not submit any accommodation proof.

Got visa in 3 weeks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:42 am

To say it is not required is not correct. The guidance makes not mention but the guidance is always trumped by the immigration rules. Indeed, the immigration rules have no provision for accommodation with regard to adult PBS dependants but, in the case of children, the rules do specifically state that suitable accommodation must be in evidence. I think you were fortunate for this aspect of the rules to be waived in your case given that there are three children.

319H(L) All arrangements for the child's care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.