ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very urgent -visa expiring in 2 weeks

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Very urgent -visa expiring in 2 weeks

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi there
I seek some urgent advise on this situation

My sister came to uk in 2005 n till 2009 she was on student visa , she completed her masters and based on that , in 2011 she got PSW which is valid for two year (expiring end of feb).she want go back to Student visa now

I know in 2009 some kind of rule came in that a student can only study for 5 yrs . And according to that she has studied 2 yrs (calculating from 2009 to 2011) and she have 3 yrs more . Now what confusing is that does UKBA calculate the 2 yrs of PSW as a student visa? In that case she has studied 4 yrs . Please advise .
I really appreciate your advise on this.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: Very urgent -visa expiring in 2 weeks

Post by tuliprose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi there

My sister came to uk in 2005 n till 2009 she was on student visa , she completed her masters and based on that , in 2011 she got PSW which is valid for two year (expiring end of feb).she want go back to Student visa now

I know in 2009 some kind of rule came in that a student can only study for 5 yrs . And according to that she has studied 2 yrs (calculating from 2009 to 2011) and she have 3 yrs more . Now what confusing is that does UKBA calculate the 2 yrs of PSW as a student visa? In that case she has studied 4 yrs . Please advise .
Time spent on PSW does not count towards study. Therefore she can study further as long as she meets other requirements i-e maintenance funds, valid CAS

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi
Could you please provide me any sort of link which confirms this? i met one of the immigration advisor and he suggested that psw does count as student visa when counting 5 yrs of studies.

tuliprose wrote:

Time spent on PSW does not count towards study. Therefore she can study further as long as she meets other requirements i-e maintenance funds, valid CAS

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm

why don't you take a look at the policy guidance.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi
Could you please provide me any sort of link which confirms this? i met one of the immigration advisor and he suggested that psw does count as student visa when counting 5 yrs of studies.

tuliprose wrote:

Stay away from that advisor.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 am

time spent between 2005 and 2009 will count however since she was on student visa.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi

did you ask ur solicitor to show UKBA guidance to prove that ? If not pls ask and paste the link here so that it can be helpfull for others. PSW clearly doesnt count as student visa

tuliprose wrote:

Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.